Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REX TO RHODES "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME"!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3517996]Soon to be HOF, one of the greatest CBs in history Deion Sanders says hi.

:wave2:[/QUOTE]
    sanders is an all time great but the guy tackled like a flat out p***y, period..

revis over "prime time" all day..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517995]I remember him pushing guys out of bounds but [B]for their equal weight[/B] I think Jim Leonhard is a better tackler then Glenn who until Revis came along was our best DB ever..[/QUOTE]
    great 69..

but you don't play safety in the NFL if you don't want to tackle people..

you can get away with that spit at corner..

but glenn was a hitter..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517916]

my point is he's a[B] bad joke [/B]in run support..

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517926]

i don't give corners a pass on flat out not wanting to hit people..[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518003]

sanders is an all time great

[/QUOTE]

So...you agree you don't need to be a big hitter to be a great CB. Even an "all-time" great.

Or you don't.

Let me straighten this right out for you.

You do NOT need to be a big hitter or a great tackler to be a great CB--that's more important for a safety.

MUCH more important to be able to blanket a no. 1 or 2 WR than it is to be able to hit or tackle.

Would you prefer BOTH?

Of course. But NOBODY is Revis.

Actually, run support is a distant third. Ball-hawking skill is the SECOND most important trait for a CB above tackling.

THAT'S what Cromartie brings.

Give me Cromartie locking down the second option behind Revis and the opposing QBs will be running for their lives, checking down a LOT and getting creamed looking for the third option, and Cromartie will be there picking off the tipped passes or the hurried underthrown or overthrown balls.

Importance for a Safety= Hitting and tackling and run support.

Imporatnce for a CB= Ability to cover and ball-hawking skills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518006]great 69..

but you don't play safety in the NFL if you don't want to tackle people..

you can get away with that spit at corner..

but glenn was a hitter..[/QUOTE]

Fine but when I think of all the Jet CB's hard hitting isn't my first thought on Glenn..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3518018]So...you agree you don't need to be a big hitter to be a great CB. Even an "all-time" great.

Or you don't.

Let me straighten this right out for you.

You do NOT need to be a big hitter or a great tackler to be a great CB--that's more important for a safety.

MUCH more important to be able to blanket a no. 1 or 2 WR than it is to be able to hit or tackle.

Would you prefer BOTH?

Of course. But NOBODY is Revis.

Actually, run support is a distant third. Ball-hawking skill is the SECOND most important trait for a CB above tackling.

THAT'S what Cromartie brings.

Give me Cromartie locking down the second option behind Revis and the opposing QBs will be running for their lives, checking down a LOT and getting creamed looking for the third option, and Cromartie will be there picking off the tipped passes or the hurried underthrown or overthrown balls.

Importance for a Safety= Hitting and tackling and run support.

Imporatnce for a CB= Ability to cover and ball-hawking skills.[/QUOTE]
    thanks for the CB/S 101 break down JStokes..

i trust tanny & rex & clearly they think cro will be a great fit..

tackling is nothing more than will..

i have much more respect for corners that play like football players instead of divas..

JMO..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518037]Fine but when I think of all the Jet CB's[B] hard hitting [/B]isn't my first thought on Glenn..[/QUOTE]
    it never is 69..

he played corner not LB, i do get that point..

it's about being a complete football player..

no more, no less..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    how the f did cro get into this discussion???

the topic is Sherry Rhodes and her a) inability to make a tackle when needed and b) her inability to get there in time to make plays in pass coverage c) her extreme ability to blame teammates and coaches for her inadequacies in a) and b) above

Plus Cro and Minus Lito and Sherry --- ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3518071]how the f did cro get into this discussion???

the topic is Sherry Rhodes and her a) inability to make a tackle when needed and b) her inability to get there in time to make plays in pass coverage c) her extreme ability to blame teammates and coaches for her inadequacies in a) and b) above

Plus Cro and Minus Lito and Sherry --- ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION[/QUOTE]
    for me its about playing like a p***y..

& that is cleary what cro did when he played us..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518078]for me its about playing like a p***y..

& that is cleary what cro did when he played us..[/QUOTE]

listen, i'm getting tired of reading all of these *'s so the record needs to be set straight. If at any point we're referring to the play where Shonn Green ran the f over Comartie, I think it was a weak tackle but that dude was on the tracks when the train was coming through so get over it. He played soft in coverage that game also but hes not in a bigtime bumping or man to man defensive scheme.

these statements have been too broad and quite annoying to read.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tony montana;3518090]listen, i'm getting tired of reading all of these *'s so the record needs to be set straight. If at any point we're referring to the play where Shonn Green ran the f over Comartie, I think it was a weak tackle but that dude was on the tracks when the train was coming through so get over it. He played soft in coverage that game also but hes not in a bigtime bumping or man to man defensive scheme.

these statements have been too broad and quite annoying to read.[/QUOTE]
    1st off the non tackle atempt on greene at the LOS was as big of a p***y move that i have ever seen in the NFL..

him [B][COLOR="Red"]watching[/COLOR][/B] jones get the game sealing 1st down was top 50..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518102]1st off the non tackle atempt on greene at the LOS was as big of a p***y move that i have ever seen in the NFL..

him [B][COLOR="Red"]watching[/COLOR][/B] jones get the game sealing 1st down was top 50..[/QUOTE]

ok, although i disagree with you that they were two of the worst give up or "cowardly" plays i've ever seen, lets say you were right...given that, let's say i think that posting with the word p***y is the biggest p***sy post a person can make. so given your logic from your 2 posts i should think you are the biggy p***y poster on the internet?

i don't think the logic follows, or that you can classify a person on those two plays/posts, but you tell me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tony montana;3518109]ok, although i disagree with you that they were two of the worst give up or "cowardly" plays i've ever seen, lets say you were right...given that, let's say i think that posting with the word p***y is the biggest p***sy post a person can make. so given your logic from your 2 posts i should think you are the biggy p***y poster on the internet?

i don't think the logic follows, or that you can classify a person on those two plays/posts, but you tell me.[/QUOTE]

Manning threw a ***** pass for a pick in the bowl therefore he's a ***** passer based on that 1 throw..:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518110]Manning threw a ***** pass for a pick in the bowl therefore he's a ***** passer based on that 1 throw..:P[/QUOTE]

wait, hold the phone...you might be on to something there

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tony montana;3518109]ok, although i disagree with you that they were two of the worst give up or "cowardly" plays i've ever seen, lets say you were right...given that, let's say i think that posting with the word p***y is the biggest p***sy post a person can make. so given your logic from your 2 posts i should think you are the biggy p***y poster on the internet?

i don't think the logic follows, or that you can classify a person on those two plays/posts, but you tell me.[/QUOTE]
    i agree with giving the "p" word a rest because i have no problem making my points without the use of bad words..

that said i stand behind the 2 plays i mentioned..

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517894]yeah but we just signed cro.. :hmm:[/QUOTE]

He's a corner that can jam people at the line; they can move Lowery back to ballhawk safety now with solid pressure at the corners.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517956]I don't remember Glenn being a great tackler?? The Cro had a season with more tackles then Glenn ever did.. The Cro had 60 the highest Glenn had was 58..:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hey Savage, I thought you weren't a stat guy...I read plenty of times you bashed Cu-mart because of his stats...just saying

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518110]Manning threw a ***** pass for a pick in the bowl therefore he's a ***** passer based on that 1 throw..:P[/QUOTE]
    heart travels fellas..

heart is not about throwing a pick at the worst possible time..

i am talking about a guy who simply had no interest in making the the 2 biggest tackles of his life..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-man;3518132]Hey Savage, I thought you weren't a stat guy...I read plenty of times you bashed Cu-mart because of his stats...just saying[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between quoting stats and compiling them.. And then there's always Slim Stats Shady whose still mourning the loss of Rhodes.. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518142][B]There is a difference between quoting stats and compiling them.. [/B]And then there's always Slim Stats Shady whose still mourning the loss of Rhodes.. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]i call bull spit..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

you don't even remember what kinda ball player aaron glenn was..
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 03-07-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518142]There is a difference between quoting stats and compiling them.. And then there's always Slim Stats Shady whose still mourning the loss of Rhodes.. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he's moved on to the position of Cro being the 2nd best CB in the league by now. Oh and that Eric Smith...total stud now!