Thread: Slik's mock #1. pay attention...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Slik's mock #1. pay attention...

Free agency

CB- Cro
    SS- OJ Atogwe- Kerry who???
    OLB/DE- Adalius Thomas making Belli puke in his mouth the moment we sign him.

Draft:

1- DT/DE- Brian Price UCLA- Oh no Slik you didn't! Price offers versatility and pass rush up front.... Yes I did!

2- OLB/DE- Eric Norwood S.C- Again versatility, Norwood can play anywhere on the front seven except on the nose, this is the kind of player Rex loves, forget the size, if he was two inches taller he'd be in the first round.

4- CB- Javier Arenas BAMA- Why this midget? Because he's a jitterbug that's why, he'll bring us turn overs as a nickel corner and TD's as our PR, again throw out the measurables, this kid's a natural football player.

5- WR- Eric Decker Minn- We get lucky here otherwise he'd be a second rounder this year for sure, we let him sit another year and learn the ropes a bit, then next year he becomes a force. Decker won't complain about playing the slot, I love the size and those soft mitts:yes:

6- P- Zoltan Mesko Mich- We always bellyache about a punter, well it's about time we go out and draft one, Mesko has a huge leg and he kicks left footed putting a weird spin on the ball... I like it!!!

7- FB/RB- Rashawn Jackson VTech- T Rich is getting really old in the tooth, we need to develop a replacement down the road and Jackson can also play the role of the third back and come in on third downs and goal line situations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decker was pretty much the only weapon on a average Gopher team and he was still unstoppable...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of this one, Slik.

I think Price better fits in the 4-3 and Arenas in our predominately man coverage scheme would be a disaster.

To end on a positive note, I certainly wouldn't mind Norwood and Decker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    God I love getting that 4th round pick.

Perfect place to draft another CB to play the nickel/dime with Lowery.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Price can play DE and even NT if asked to, his versatility is attractive. Rex loves guys he can move around and he fits that mold. Norwood is that kind of player too. I tried to stay away from the tarzans who play like Jane once they put on the pads, these are real hard core football players with great instincts for the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3517981]Unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of this one, Slik.

I think Price better fits in the 4-3 and[B] Arenas in our predominately man coverage scheme would be a disaster.[/B]

To end on a positive note, I certainly wouldn't mind Norwood and Decker.[/QUOTE]

We need a quick little f^cker that can stay with the slot receivers everyone will be running next year in the copycat NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3517976]Free agency

CB- Cro
    SS- OJ Atogwe- Kerry who???
    OLB/DE- Adalius Thomas making Belli puke in his mouth the moment we sign him.

Draft:

1- DT/DE- Brian Price UCLA- Oh no Slik you didn't! Price offers versatility and pass rush up front.... Yes I did!

2- OLB/DE- Eric Norwood S.C- Again versatility, Norwood can play anywhere on the front seven except on the nose, this is the kind of player Rex loves, forget the size, if he was two inches taller he'd be in the first round.

4- CB- Javier Arenas BAMA- Why this midget? Because he's a jitterbug that's why, he'll bring us turn overs as a nickel corner and TD's as our PR, again throw out the measurables, this kid's a natural football player.

5- WR- Eric Decker Minn- We get lucky here otherwise he'd be a second rounder this year for sure, we let him sit another year and learn the ropes a bit, then next year he becomes a force. Decker won't complain about playing the slot, I love the size and those soft mitts:yes:

6- P- Zoltan Mesko Mich- We always bellyache about a punter, well it's about time we go out and draft one, Mesko has a huge leg and he kicks left footed putting a weird spin on the ball... I like it!!!

7- FB/RB- Rashawn Jackson VTech- T Rich is getting really old in the tooth, we need to develop a replacement down the road and Jackson can also play the role of the third back and come in on third downs and goal line situations.[/QUOTE]

I agree on all especially the ZOLTAN! That guy has agreat leg! its about time we went out and got a leg like that!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate Price for us...also don't think Belichick will lose sleep over Adalius Thomas...or that Jackson is from VT (just Virginia).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3517981]Unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of this one, Slik.

I think Price better fits in the 4-3 and Arenas in our predominately man coverage scheme would be a disaster.

To end on a positive note, I certainly wouldn't mind Norwood and Decker.[/QUOTE]

we already have 3 NT's on this team, possibly 4 with Jenks, Pouha, Green and DeVito. We need a versatile DE who can come in and play anywhere on the DL, Price is stout enough to play the nose in a rotation. Yes, I know that he fits best as a one gap penetrator, but that's exactly what we need here, we need a guy who can hold up at the point and also put pressure on the QB whether that's as a DE, DT or NT. Think of Kris' brother Cullen, that kind of player... think Ziggy Hood or Sedric Ellis. Remember we don't run a traditional 3-4, Rex can find good use for a player like Price, no doubt in my mind. People see the height and get turned off right away, not me. If he was 6.4 would we be talking about Price at the end of the first or vying for top honors along with Suh and McCoy? I think so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

we already have 3 NT's on this team, possibly 4 with Jenks, Pouha, Green and DeVito. We need a versatile DE who can come in and play anywhere on the DL, Price is stout enough to play the nose in a rotation. Yes, I know that he fits best as a one gap penetrator, but that's exactly what we need here, we need a guy who can hold up at the point and also put pressure on the QB whether that's as a DE, DT or NT. Think of Kris' brother Cullen, that kind of player... think Ziggy Hood or Sedric Ellis. Remember we don't run a traditional 3-4, Rex can find good use for a player like Price, no doubt in my mind. People see the height and get turned off right away, not me. If he was 6.4 would we be talking about Price at the end of the first or vying for top honors along with Suh and McCoy? I think so.