Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dammit people we need a punter!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Dammit people we need a punter!

One of the positions we've struggled with for years now. And on a team that loves to play ball control and relies on field position, you need a good punter not to screw things up.

Graham, Hodges, Weatherford, that one deek that was here with Doug Brien.

Can we finally solve this problem?

Sign that guy with the goofy name from Pittsburgh to an offer sheet. Or spend a late pick on a punter.

Why the hell do we always take these castoffs and guys on the street corner, let them battle it out to prove who sucks less, and let said guy handle the punting duties for a season then cut him because he blows?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3517991]One of the positions we've struggled with for years now. And on a team that loves to play ball control and relies on field position, you need a good punter not to screw things up.

Sign that guy with the goofy name from Pittsburgh to an offer sheet. Or spend a late pick on a punter.

Why the hell do we always take these castoffs and guys on the street corner, let them battle it out to prove who sucks less, and let said guy handle the punting duties for a season then cut him because he blows?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Ray Guy has any boys playing football??:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3517991]One of the positions we've struggled with for years now. And on a team that loves to play ball control and relies on field position, you need a good punter not to screw things up.

Why the hell do we always take these castoffs and guys on the street corner, let them battle it out to prove who sucks less, and let said guy handle the punting duties for a season then cut him because he blows?[/QUOTE]

Agreed we need to spend a late round pick on the best punter we can get. Weathefor played better at the end of the year but that heart thing is a concern.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3517994]Agreed we need to spend a late round pick on the best punter we can get. Weathefor played better at the end of the year but that heart thing is a concern.[/QUOTE]

his 'fake punt' ability .. is really big for us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i actually think punter is a huge need... we keep having these jag come in and stink the place up... we are a field position team and always giving teams a free 10 or 20 yds extra sux for us

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517992]I wonder if Ray Guy has any boys playing football??:P[/QUOTE]

Screw that.....DWC2 wanted Ray Guy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone know who the drafts best punters are?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen Weatherford needs a bionic heart, we don't need a new punter the man is the 'ballsy-ist' punter I've ever seen, and he demonstrates the Rex Ryan style of football on the special teams. NO NEW PUNTER, GET WEATHERFORD A NEW CARDIOLOGIST,[SIZE="1"] DICK CHENEY'S GUY PERHAPS.[/SIZE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;3518046]does anyone know who the drafts best punters are?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/P.php[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    having seen Jet punters for 51 years now, I'd rate Wetherford right up near the top of the list....

Curley Johnson was the franchise best and Craig Hentrich second best with a great NFL career after our moron FO cut him in training camp to keep some horrible veteran stiff, Ben Graham was great for a year and Wetherford is in the mix right there.

Certainly better than the collection of crap from Aguiar to Ramsey to Hodges and the list goes on...

Punter is not a need IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3518065]having seen Jet punters for 51 years now, I'd rate Wetherford right up near the top of the list....

Curley Johnson was the franchise best and Craig Hentrich second best with a great NFL career after our moron FO cut him in training camp to keep some horrible veteran stiff, Ben Graham was great for a year and Wetherford is in the mix right there.

Certainly better than the collection of crap from Aguiar to Ramsey to Hodges and the list goes on...

Punter is not a need IMO[/QUOTE]

Agreed......... Weatherford has been the best punter we have had in 25 years give or take. He's no Ray Guy, but I seem to remember a few really well positioned punts, a few that in years past would go THROUGH the end zone that didn't etc.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ZOLTAN!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we're stockpiling picks to package together to trade up for a punter. book it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Punter?! Our starting FS just got kidnapped without a ransom letter. All they left was something called a 4th round pick and we're worrying about a punter!? I like the Michigan punter. Get it done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetDevil74;3518105]Punter?! Our starting [B]FS just got kidnapped without a ransom letter[/B]. All they left was something called a 4th round pick and we're worrying about a punter!? I like the Michigan punter. Get it done.[/QUOTE]

Nothing on twitter from Kerry in 24 hours so maybe he was kidnapped.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would try and trade for Shane Lechler. You don't realize how much of a difference a great punter like that can make over the course of a season. Maybe crazy Al will give him up for a 3rd rounder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely... I think we should offer Oakland our first and second picks this year for a punter...

fortunately neither you nor Bradway are running the draft anymore so there will be no more peeing away of high picks for trades for Punters or Buckeye kickers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.mikedesimone.com/m06/minnesota/um43.jpg[/IMG]

The Zolant of Swat. Or something.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3518262]definitely... I think we should offer Oakland our first and second picks this year for a punter...

fortunately neither you nor Bradway are running the draft anymore so there will be no more peeing away of high picks for trades for Punters or Buckeye kickers[/QUOTE]

Geesh, you're an angry little guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree, I've been saying it for years. Weatherford certainly isn't the worst punter we've seen on the roster, but he still leaves a lot to be desired. I really hope they use a late round pick to snag one this draft.