Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out on a limb--I think we trade up to #10 and take Mays

All Pro
    I think there's literally no chance this happens for a couple reasons.

A. they don't have the ammo to trade up into the top 10

B. Mays isn't going that high

C. They're going to find a new safety in the month before the draft

[QUOTE=intothegreen;3518214]I remember a few weeks ago how he was a second rounder to most people and all he did at the combine was prove what everyone already knew...the kid has great straight line speed. Why all of a sudden is he back in the top 10-15?[/QUOTE]

Well, you can look at my history--I never agreed he was 2nd rd--I don't know if anyone changed their mind based on the combine--I don't think so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Sick play here, runs down Jahvid Best to the outside, takes him down easily with one arm

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rLxHZpiKQ&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Mays has some faults but with the right situation and coaching he could be a real player. Won't be with the Jets though I don't think.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03-07-2010 at 10:23 PM.

What worries me about Mays is his head. The guy just sounds like an ignorant douche.

Jets Insider VIP
    Trading up to 10 to draft Mays would be worse than trading up to 4 for DRob.

In other words, it would be one of the worst draft day moves in Jets history.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the way I see it. Tannenbaum should be skewered if he made such a move.

All League
    [QUOTE=SMC;3518291]Trading up to 10 to draft Mays would be worse than trading up to 4 for DRob.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the way I see it. Tannenbaum should be skewered if he made such a move.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I know there's potential there, but I don't want to be the team trying to get it him to play up to it.

Earl Thomas though... I'll trade up for Earl.

[QUOTE=SMC;3518291]Trading up to 10 to draft Mays would be worse than trading up to 4 for DRob.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the way I see it. Tannenbaum should be skewered if he made such a move.[/QUOTE]

Yeah--this is well put--part of my thinking is that Jax is looking to trade the pick due to the heavy money they laid out for FA and would take somewhat less than might be expected.

Regardless, he can still be had past 10 if he can get by SF and SEA, imo. Then, maybe we can trade up to high teens. My OP is based on a combination of having a trading partner and getting a spot where Mays is assured to be available. This lands us at #10.