Thread: 3/7/10 Mock Draft

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

3/7/10 Mock Draft

Iím not going to do any trade up or trade down scenarios because those are really unpredictable. Iíll talk about hypothetical scenarios within my picks though. If we pick up OJ Atowge, my draft wouldnít really change much, but it would make this defense even more beast.

FA Signings:
    CB Antonio Cromartie
    OLB Adalius Thomas
    WR Laverneus Coles

2010 Draft

1 : OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
    Sergio Kindle would be a nice pick late in the first round. I think heíll turn out to be a good player and help out our pass rush tremendously. I know I said Iím not going to talk about trade down scenarios here, but the Jets should really trade down here. If we could trade down 5-10 picks, pick up Nate Allen, and a fourth or fifth round pick, Iíd be really happy.
    Other possibilities:
    WR Golden Tate, WR Damian Williams, NT Terrence Cody, DE Jared Odrick, RB Ryan Matthews

2 : NT Cam Thomas, North Carolina
    Developmental NT that can learn from Kris Jenkins for a few years. He could switch off playing DE and NT to give Jenkins a break. He should bring a lot of versatility to our line. We should start thinking towards the future and I think Cam Thomas is going to be a great player a few years down the line.
    Other possibilities:
    DE Arthur Jones, S Morgan Burnett, CB Brandon Ghee

4 : RB Legarrette Blount, Oregon
    We need another RB to make up for the loss of Jones and Iím not sure if Chauncey Washington is the future. Blount was a fringe first round talent before stupidly punching an opposing player after a loss. He provides tremendous value in the fourth round.
    Other possibilities:
    DE Austen Lane, S Larry Assante, S Myron Rolle

5 : WR Eric Decker, Minnesota
    Decker is exactly what this team needs right now. A tough, gritty receiver who will always work hard and wouldnít be afraid to go across the middle of the field to make a tough catch. Heíd be an instant upgrade at slot WR for us.

6 : FB Rashawn Jackson, Virginia
    Tony Richardson is old as **** and we need to start searching for a replacement. People donít realize how important Richardson is to our offense.

7 : P Zoltan Mesko, Michigan
    This guy is the last pick in all of my drafts because heís an awesome punter, has a great leg, and has the best name ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeeZiTe;3518192]Iím not going to do any trade up or trade down scenarios because those are really unpredictable. Iíll talk about hypothetical scenarios within my picks though. If we pick up OJ Atowge, my draft wouldnít really change much, but it would make this defense even more beast.

FA Signings:
    CB Antonio Cromartie
    OLB Adalius Thomas
    WR Laverneus Coles

2010 Draft

1 : OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
    Sergio Kindle would be a nice pick late in the first round. I think heíll turn out to be a good player and help out our pass rush tremendously. I know I said Iím not going to talk about trade down scenarios here, but the Jets should really trade down here. If we could trade down 5-10 picks, pick up Nate Allen, and a fourth or fifth round pick, Iíd be really happy.
    Other possibilities:
    WR Golden Tate, WR Damian Williams, NT Terrence Cody, DE Jared Odrick, RB Ryan Matthews

2 : NT Cam Thomas, North Carolina
    Developmental NT that can learn from Kris Jenkins for a few years. He could switch off playing DE and NT to give Jenkins a break. He should bring a lot of versatility to our line. We should start thinking towards the future and I think Cam Thomas is going to be a great player a few years down the line.
    Other possibilities:
    DE Arthur Jones, S Morgan Burnett, CB Brandon Ghee

4 : RB Legarrette Blount, Oregon
    We need another RB to make up for the loss of Jones and Iím not sure if Chauncey Washington is the future. Blount was a fringe first round talent before stupidly punching an opposing player after a loss. He provides tremendous value in the fourth round.
    Other possibilities:
    DE Austen Lane, S Larry Assante, S Myron Rolle

5 : WR Eric Decker, Minnesota
    Decker is exactly what this team needs right now. A tough, gritty receiver who will always work hard and wouldnít be afraid to go across the middle of the field to make a tough catch. Heíd be an instant upgrade at slot WR for us.

6 : FB Rashawn Jackson, Virginia
    Tony Richardson is old as **** and we need to start searching for a replacement. People donít realize how important Richardson is to our offense.

7 : P Zoltan Mesko, Michigan
    This guy is the last pick in all of my drafts because heís an awesome punter, has a great leg, and has the best name ever.[/QUOTE]

If we can get Blount in exchange for Kerry. I'd be pretty happy plus he'd fit Rex's vision of Ground and [B]Pound[/B] to a tee :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it, we need another cb though

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=meatboy;3518202]Love it, [B]we need another cb though[/B][/QUOTE]

The jets better draft a CB bc as of right now Lowery and Coleman are the backups!!!:mad::steamin: im getting madder by the day...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, trading back into the second round and picking up another mid-round pick would be ideal but like I said, I don't want to try to project any trade down scenarios because if there's someone like Golden Tate still available at #29, there will probably be a few teams interested in trading up and we might get more than the trade value charts would indicate. I think the Jets will definitely come out of this draft with one CB, but I didn't have that pick in this draft for that reason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3518201]If we can get Blount in exchange for Kerry. I'd be pretty happy plus he'd fit Rex's vision of Ground and [B]Pound[/B] to a tee :D[/QUOTE]

LeGarrette could definitely turn out to be a brandon jacobs style big back. With Green and LEon, that would be a sick trio. I would love to swap out earl Earl Thomas for sergio kendle though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely love to have Earl Thomas as our first pick, but I think he'll be long gone. As I said, I hope that the Jets were to trade back into the early second and draft Nate Allen, but like I said, I didn't want to rely on a big trade in my draft. If the Jets were to stay at their current spot, I would take Kindle at this point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=meatboy;3518202]Love it, we need another cb though[/QUOTE]

Great mock. Love every single pick. I do think that we are two DBs short of where we will be on opening day, we don't HAVE to draft them.

The only problem I have with your mock is that it has us staying put at every pick. No way that is happening.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, I don't see us staying put at every position either, but no one can accurately predict those trades, so I just stuck with where they were at.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome except for the 2nd rounder. Switch in Burnett for Thomas and it works for me.

IMO, we're screwed if Eric Smith is starting. Nothing good can come from starting 2 white safeties.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    What woodside said, I would LOVE to get Blount out of the trade with ARZ, it'd be well worth it!!!!!