Thread: Ryan Clark looking to sign with Dolphins

Ryan Clark looking to sign with Dolphins

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 7, 2010 7:12 PM ET
    [QUOTE]Two days after dumping free agent bust Gibril Wilson, the Dolphins are working on acquiring another safety.

Steelers free safety Ryan Clark arrived in Miami Sunday evening, according to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald.

"There were a lot of good offers, and a lot of good fits," Clark said upon arrival. "But this seems like a good spot. So I'm praying it goes well."

Clark says he chose his first visit carefully, and hope he doesn't make another.

"That's the reason we waited so long to take any [free agent] trips," Clark said. "We had interested teams that I didn't really want to go to, and I didn't want to try to make myself look busy by going to a bunch of different places."

Keeping the big hitter doesn't appear to be a big priority for the Steelers, and the Dolphins look ready to spend more of owner Stephen Ross' money this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    after an interview he did last week, i hope he gets out of town asap.

All League
    Damn it. I was hoping we would make him an offer.

All League
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3518217]after an interview he did last week, i hope he gets out of town asap.[/QUOTE]

Did he accuse Roethlisberger of sexual assault too ?? :D

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3518217]after an interview he did last week, i hope he gets out of town asap.[/QUOTE]

It's the interview that makes you hate him, right? He's a decent safety, right? I don't want Ed Reed or anything. Just give me someone who doesn't miss tackles and catches most of the passes that hit his hands and I'm good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3518219]Did he accuse Roethlisberger of sexual assault too ?? :D[/QUOTE]
    :D that is too funny....

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3518221]It's the interview that makes you hate him, right? He's a decent safety, right? I don't want Ed Reed or anything. Just give me someone who doesn't miss tackles and catches most of the passes that hit his hands and I'm good.[/QUOTE]
    he came across as a pompus ass wanting more money than he is worth. and did you see him play this year after troy went down?? he sucked. as long as troy is in there playing clark is good, but without troy, he is awful.

Isn't this the guy that has some sort of a condition that doesn't allow him to play in Denver?

Something about the thin air that does something to his respiratory system?

That would put up red flags for me.

All Pro
    Again I hope they opened up the bank.

The more resources poured into these alright players the better.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3518227]Isn't this the guy that has some sort of a condition that doesn't allow him to play in Denver?

That would put up red flags for me.[/QUOTE]
    yes, he lost his spleen and gall bladder i believe to some rare diesase he has.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3518227]Isn't this the guy that has some sort of a condition that doesn't allow him to play in Denver?

That could only happen in Denver.

He's an average player, we could find someone else better in the draft anyway. Let him go to the Dolphags.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3518231]That could only happen in Denver.[/QUOTE]
    well the air is thinner in denver b/c of the sea level. that is what caused the diesase to go into effect.

He's iiiiiiight.

Yep sickle cell..
    [QUOTE]Clark suffers from sickle-cell trait, which can cause complications during extreme exercise conditions and hypoxia from high altitudes.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3518252]Yep sickle cell..[/QUOTE]
    yes i couldnt think of the name it

The guy is a hitter,30 years old ,Nolan wants him the way he wanted Dawkins last year. Ranked 5 th in the league in QB rating against

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3518243]He's an average player, we could find someone else better in the draft anyway. Let him go to the Dolphags.[/QUOTE]
    the dolphins need someone for henne to throw the ball too, not a safety

All Pro
    I love watching Ryan Clark, the guy is a menacing hitter, a true old school head hunter. With that said, he isn't anything special. Solid player but that's it...

We're restricted from signing him anyway.