Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok St Cox BARRED from 'Boys' Pro-Day

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok St Cox BARRED from 'Boys' Pro-Day

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL[/url]

[B] Perrish Cox-DB- Player Mar. 9 - 12:06 am et[/B]

Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox is [B]barred from working out at the Cowboys' Pro Day after being suspended for the Cotton Bowl[/B].:huh:
    Cox will presumably participate at the Oklahoma University Pro Day or hold a personal workout before the draft. Once a projected first-round pick, Cox struggled at the Combine, running 4.53 and 4.57 in the forty-yard dash. Off-field issues also continue to haunt the first-team Big 12 honoree's stock.

WHY would you ban a player from working out at your pro-day diue to a bowl game suspension?

Is this some personal thing -Jerry is a Sooners guy, no? - or is there some policy here?

I'm confused on this one? Anyone?:huh:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oklahoma State's nickname is also the Cowboys. The school is banning him, not the Dallas Cowboys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanJim;3519724]Oklahoma State's nickname is also the Cowboys. The school is banning him, not the Dallas Cowboys.[/QUOTE]

The team esentially severed relations with Cox because of whatever violation.
    Colleges often ban people (students) from campus for violations.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oklahoma State Cowboys

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanJim;3519724]Oklahoma State's nickname is also the Cowboys. The school is banning him, not the Dallas Cowboys.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="5"]AAAHHHHH![/SIZE]:O

My bad! I knew that but for some odd reason made the connections w/Dallas.

Sorry for pulling a homer there, appreciate the clarification

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    geez....and some said the only bump in this guy's character was he got caught driving without a license....:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    his character stinks but he can ball... someone will get a steal...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The players who become truly great in this league often have good character...

Notice there isn't any bad character guys out there who teams are doing everything they can to hold on to.

Perhaps Ben however...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3519805]The players who become truly great in this league often have good character...

Notice there isn't any bad character guys out there who teams are doing everything they can to hold on to.

Perhaps Ben however...[/QUOTE]

the issue is when bad character is present in a prospects play...it is w/Cox....he plays to his upper level 50% of the time....his combine workout was atrocious and just further proof the guy doesn't give a sh!t....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3519805]The players who become truly great in this league often have good character...

Perhaps Ben however...[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cox is clearly immature but there's alot of that going around... it will hurt his value but if someone takes a chance in 2 or 3 round, that could end up being a smokin deal. He's got ballhawk skills and all he has to do is grow up a little. Even if he doesn't grow up he still knows how to play the game.

For example Cromartie has shady character but we are all looking forward to seeing him play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3519914]Cox is clearly immature but there's alot of that going around... it will hurt his value but if someone takes a chance in 2 or 3 round, that could end up being a smokin deal. He's got ballhawk skills and all he has to do is grow up a little. Even if he doesn't grow up he still knows how to play the game.

For example Cromartie has shady character but we are all looking forward to seeing him play.[/QUOTE]

I'd take him in the 4th if he was there and we have already addressed DL/DE and Safety depth.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    :huh:

I see some 40 times for Ok State's pro day posted on twitter and it has a "Bryant" timed at 4.66.

I know Dez wasn't supposed to run b/c of the bad hammy...

But the only other "Bryant" on the roster is Bryant Ward who's a fullback.

Edit: [QUOTE]Official 40s: Balogun 4.72, Bryant 4.66, Clapp 4.64, Clayton 4.57, Franks 4.47, Jackson 4.60, Simmons 5.20, Tennell 4.52.[/QUOTE]

link to 40 times: [url]http://twitter.com/johnehoover/status/10227370424[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HEMPSTEAD;3519923]:huh:

I see some 40 times for Ok State's pro day posted on twitter and it has a "Bryant" timed at 4.66.

I know Dez wasn't supposed to run b/c of the bad hammy...

But the only other "Bryant" on the roster is Bryant Ward who's a fullback.

Edit:

link to 40 times: [url]http://twitter.com/johnehoover/status/10227370424[/url][/QUOTE]

that's Oklahoma, not Oklahoma State....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw my mistake and was about to edit... thanks CBTNY

I think I need more coffee... or less?

:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3519914]Cox is clearly immature but there's alot of that going around... it will hurt his value but if someone takes a chance in 2 or 3 round, that could end up being a smokin deal. He's got ballhawk skills and all he has to do is grow up a little. Even if he doesn't grow up he still knows how to play the game.

For example Cromartie has shady character but we are all looking forward to seeing him play.[/QUOTE]

Because he's proven that he can ball out in this league.

It's a completely different animal when a player who hasn't proven crap in the NFL is acting like a turd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3520021]Because he's proven that he can ball out in this league.

It's a completely different animal when a player who hasn't proven crap in the NFL is acting like a turd.[/QUOTE]

he's not off the street... he was the best playmaking DB at the senior bowl, period. He had more interceptions than any1 else in the practices. Maybe you can say so what but Alphonso Smith was that guy last year and DRC was that guy the year before. The guy can play. The question is 1) what is his speed 2) how reliable is he as a person, and I can understand those concerns. But as a player he's got round 1 or round 2 type of film. plus he can return kicks and punts.

also I would add that missing curfew a couple times isn't "turd" - if you are passed out drunk at a stop light in a running vehicle that's more turd-ish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3520049]he's not off the street... he was the best playmaking DB at the senior bowl, period. He had more interceptions than any1 else in the practices. Maybe you can say so what but Alphonso Smith was that guy last year and DRC was that guy the year before. The guy can play. The question is 1) what is his speed 2) how reliable is he as a person, and I can understand those concerns. But as a player he's got round 1 or round 2 type of film. plus he can return kicks and punts.

also I would add that missing curfew a couple times isn't "turd" - if you are passed out drunk at a stop light in a running vehicle that's more turd-ish.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what this argument is about since we both think he drops due to character concerns. I guess it's moreso you pointing out hypocrisy in Jets fans liking the Cromartie deal and hating a potential pick of Cox when said hypocrisy doesn't exist.

And Dunlap IS a turd. There's just always a point when one is willing to overlook them.

Cromartie for a 3rd round pick? Yup
    Dunlap in the late 1st? Yup
    Cox in the 3rd? Yup

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3520059]I don't know what this argument is about since we both think he drops due to character concerns. I guess it's moreso you pointing out hypocrisy in Jets fans liking the Cromartie deal and hating a potential pick of Cox when said hypocrisy doesn't exist.

And Dunlap IS a turd. There's just always a point when one is willing to overlook them.

Cromartie for a 3rd round pick? Yup
    Dunlap in the late 1st? Yup
    Cox in the 3rd? Yup[/QUOTE]

I dont even want to point at any1's hypocracy... think we are in total agreement. If we can deal with Cro's 6 kids by 5 mothers than Cox missing cerfew isn't a big deal. great player, drops to about the 3rd round or so for various reasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3520063]I dont even want to point at any1's hypocracy... think we are in total agreement. If we can deal with Cro's 6 kids by 5 mothers than Cox missing cerfew isn't a big deal. great player, drops to about the 3rd round or so for various reasons.[/QUOTE]

Deal.

I wouldn't deal with Cromartie's BS for a first day pick(2nd round conditional's a different story). I wouldn't take the risk of Dunlap top 20. And I wouldn't take Cox on the first day.

But when you get to a certain point, it's worth it to take the risk.