Thread: Brandon Deaderick

Brandon Deaderick

Let me introduce to you a new fad player:

[IMG]http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/09/large_brandon%20deaderick.JPG[/IMG]

SEC and Saban trained...6'4 314...I thought he'd come in 285-290 because he reminds me of Ellis though I threw that away for some reason...Played in the college 3-4 that comes closest to a pro one (with pro sized guys too)...high motor player.

Great pick with our 4th or 5th. Almost as good as Oghobaase. ;)

The only 3-4 DL I'd draft in the first round:

Suh
    Possibly McCoy but I don't really trust him in a pro 3-4...
    Cody
    Williams

Other than that, just say no.

Other players like Deaderick you should get to know because they'll surprise you where they go:

Hall Davis
    Lindsey Witten
    Antonio Coleman
    Willie Young
    Linval Joseph (Basically Anthony Montgomery as a prospect)
    Boo Robinson - I think he could Jason Ferguson as a pro.
    Al Woods - Another guy who should be a better pro than college player. You'll notice that that's a trend in the draft this year. Alot like Jenkins as a prospect with his size and strong workouts...

We should talk about these guys more. I'm tired of all this Odrick and Houston talk (never of the Oghobaase talk though!).
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-09-2010 at 12:54 PM.

there was a point before the season... around september... where this guy was ranked fairly high... like a 3-4 round pick... I think he played well but was a role player on that defense. decent player.

Another Alabama guy to watch for next year is Marcel Dareus. That's the dude who hurt Colt McCoy and also lined up next to Cody for the field goal blocks. Beast.

All League
    What the hell is a fad player?

You can play ball, or you can't

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3519929]What the hell is a fad player?

You can play ball, or you can't[/QUOTE]

If you're on the draft forum you'll notice that every week or two there's someone new that becomes a "hot pick" in mocks. I'm throwing Deaderick out there for later round use.

[QUOTE]here was a point before the season... around september... where this guy was ranked fairly high... like a 3-4 round pick... I think he played well but was a role player on that defense. decent player.

Another Alabama guy to watch for next year is Marcel Dareus. That's the dude who hurt Colt McCoy and also lined up next to Cody for the field goal blocks. Beast.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Deaderick had alot of talk early on. Don't really think his stock has fallen so much as he got hurt and then forgotten...it's happened to alot of guys this year.

Dareus is a beast...so is Josh Chapman, the post-Cody NT.

Dareus is already making Bama fans forget Cody. He's a 1st round talent.

Deaderick? Meh. I guess he wouldn't be a terrible rotational player for the Jets. Plays his assignment, high motor...not much else.

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3519929]What the hell is a fad player?

You can play ball, or you can't[/QUOTE]

It means, can he jump out of swimming pool and is he a beast like Walter Thomas?

^^ You meant Jarron Gilbert. Thomas was the 370 guy who could do back flips or something.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3519907]Let me introduce to you a new fad player:

[IMG]http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/09/large_brandon%20deaderick.JPG[/IMG]

SEC and Saban trained...6'4 314...I thought he'd come in 285-290 because he reminds me of Ellis though I threw that away for some reason...Played in the college 3-4 that comes closest to a pro one (with pro sized guys too)...high motor player.

Great pick with our 4th or 5th. Almost as good as Oghobaase. ;)

The only 3-4 DL I'd draft in the first round:

Suh
    Possibly McCoy but I don't really trust him in a pro 3-4...
    Cody
    Williams

Other than that, just say no.

Other players like Deaderick you should get to know because they'll surprise you where they go:

Hall Davis
    Lindsey Witten
    Antonio Coleman
    Willie Young
    Linval Joseph (Basically Anthony Montgomery as a prospect)
    Boo Robinson - I think he could Jason Ferguson as a pro.
    Al Woods - Another guy who should be a better pro than college player. You'll notice that that's a trend in the draft this year. Alot like Jenkins as a prospect with his size and strong workouts...

We should talk about these guys more. I'm tired of all this Odrick and Houston talk (never of the Oghobaase talk though!).[/QUOTE]

I almost started a thread about Deaderick three weeks ago. If he could lose a little weight he would be a great DE in the 34.