Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here comes the Exodos-Jarvis Green bolts to Denver

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is significant because going into 2009 the only part of the pattycake "defense" that had NOT completely deteriorated was the DL... they had arguably the worst LB group in the NFL and their secondary corpse was just that

Since then, BB had a hissy fit and peed away All Pro Richard Seymour for a draft pick he won't even see for 15 more months and now Green has left. They are pretty much down to Ty Warren and a Vince Wilfork clearly on the road to eating himself out of the league altogether looking at least 90 pounds overweight and out of shape in the last pics seen of him (before the football season ended and the fried chicken and pulled pork season began)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3520293]it is significant because going into 2009 the only part of the pattycake "defense" that had NOT completely deteriorated was the DL... they had arguably the worst LB group in the NFL and their secondary corpse was just that

Since then, BB had a hissy fit and peed away All Pro Richard Seymour for a draft pick he won't even see for 15 more months and now Green has left. They are pretty much down to Ty Warren and a Vince Wilfork clearly on the road to eating himself out of the league altogether looking at least 90 pounds overweight and out of shape in the last pics seen of him [B](before the football season ended and the fried chicken and pulled pork season began)[/B][/QUOTE]

I chuckled a little.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3520200]Jarvis Green was very valuable in the role he played in NE. He was the perfect rotational DE. I don't think,however, he will carry the same value as a starter. Mike Wright is a similar guy (only not as good)....as a rotational DLineman he's very valuable. As a highly paid starter, not as much.

Pats were in a bind not to overpay for a guy who only has value up to a certain level, but real value, nonethelss.

I'm just surprised he's never left in past years. I'm guessing the Pats were very strategic in his extensions, with him only coming up as a UFA now.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good analysis, Crash, except for the fact that Green's production numbers had slipped the last 2 years with only 3 sacks the last 2 years combined. Wright has passed him with 5 sacks last season, and Pryor and Brace have the potential to grow into full time DE's

A great role player for the Pats and great locker room guy, I'm pleased he got another decent pay day. He'll be a great mentor for those young DLmen they are gathering in Denver.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3520309]Pretty good analysis, Crash, except for the fact that Green's production numbers had slipped the last 2 years with only 3 sacks the last 2 years combined. Wright has passed him with 5 sacks last season, and Pryor and Brace have the potential to grow into full time DE's[/QUOTE]

No one even knows who those scrubs are.

Oh, wait :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3520293]it is significant because going into 2009 the only part of the pattycake "defense" that had NOT completely deteriorated was the DL... they had arguably the worst LB group in the NFL and their secondary corpse was just that

Since then, BB had a hissy fit and peed away All Pro Richard Seymour for a draft pick he won't even see for 15 more months and now Green has left. They are pretty much down to Ty Warren and a Vince Wilfork clearly on the road to eating himself out of the league altogether looking at least 90 pounds overweight and out of shape in the last pics seen of him (before the football season ended and the fried chicken and pulled pork season began)[/QUOTE]

You are certainly consistent in your lack of knowledge. You know little about your own team, and even less about your biggest rival. You fail to recall that for all the Pats deficiencies on defense they managed to the be 5th best scoring defense, and the 11th best overall D.

YOU may think the gap is widening, but the only gap widening when you post is the gap between your ears.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3520239]They just spent a high pick on Brace and they have other young guys like Grady, Wright, Pryor, etc...

I just don't see them spending another pick when OLB is a more pressing need as well as CB and WR.

TE is a hole for them, RB is a hole for them.

They have a lot of picks but they basically have more holes.

It's comical to see them fall apart like this. They didn't want to pay their players through retirement but they ripped apart their roster while doing it.[/QUOTE]

This is like the 2007 season where everyone had to wait until the Superbowl in order to say "See look the Patriots cant win without cheating!". Jesus Christ- they lost one free agent and managed to retain several FAR more important players. But they are falling apart!! In all honesty this is the equivalent of the Jets letting Marques Douglas walk.

Green was a solid situational end in pass rush situations circa 2004-2005 but anyone who watched the Patriots saw he was highly ineffective as a starter. In light of the fact that the team has guys like Mike Wright and Myron Pryor who were equally as effective (oh and much younger and cheaper) I dont see why this move comes as a suprise to anyone.
    Last edited by TheBostonBengal; 03-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3520309]Pretty good analysis, Crash, except for the fact that Green's production numbers had slipped the last 2 years with only 3 sacks the last 2 years combined. Wright has passed him with 5 sacks last season, and Pryor and Brace have the potential to grow into full time DE's

A great role player for the Pats and great locker room guy, I'm pleased he got another decent pay day. He'll be a great mentor for those young DLmen they are gathering in Denver.[/QUOTE]

Meh - until I see something from Brace, I won't believe it. The knock on him coming out of college was that he wasn't sure he really loved or wanted to play football. Haven't seen him disprove that yet. Pryor is a nice young player though.

But, nice young player doesn't replace Seymour and Green. The Pats had the best Dline in the league in large part because you could roll in a guy like Green to give a guy like Seymour or Warren a breather. For the first time in a long time, that Dline looks somewhat ordinary. Wilfork and Warren are both still very good players, but, to a large extent, the Dline doesn't have that aura around it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3520329]Meh - until I see something from Brace, I won't believe it. The knock on him coming out of college was that he wasn't sure he really loved or wanted to play football. Haven't seen him disprove that yet. Pryor is a nice young player though.

But, nice young player doesn't replace Seymour and Green. The Pats had the best Dline in the league in large part because you could roll in a guy like Green to give a guy like Seymour or Warren a breather. For the first time in a long time, that Dline looks somewhat ordinary. Wilfork and Warren are both still very good players, but, to a large extent, the Dline doesn't have that aura around it.[/QUOTE]

You aren't wrong saying that DL of Wilfolk, Warren, Seymour, with Green (in his prime) coming off the bench was one of the best DL's in the league. I certainly don't think the Pats are going to find an exact player replacement for Seymour, God doesn't make that model very often, however Wright is a more than adequate replacement for Green.

Last season, Pryor was a huge surprise, since he missed most of training camp with injuries and was a 6th round pick to begin with. Brace was equally surprising but for, unfortunately different reasons.

On the plus side, I've heard he's been at foxboro working out all this off season, He has shed close to 20lbs and added lean muscle. He badly needed to get stronger, and he'll have a full off season to work on that.

All that being said, another year like last year and the bust label would begin to fit. He was MY disappointing rookie last season, in a season where a lot of Pats rookies got a lot of playing time and did well.

BOTTOM LINE: Its not a dominant DL, but its still a pretty good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3520250]BTW, who here remembers muh-man Jarvis Redwine? :D

[B]WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP:[/B] What college team did he play for and what position?[/QUOTE]

There is no place like Nebraska

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    SG goes off on tirades on a regular basis. He's the Old Faithful of the Jet fans.
    Nothing new there.

Pryor bears watching in his second year. BB was high on the kid and he saw quite a bit of playing time for a rookie.

Brace has been Mr Invisible. Pats fans hope Vince stays healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3520309]Pretty good analysis, Crash, [b]except for the fact that Green's production numbers had slipped the last 2 years with only 3 sacks the last 2 years combined. Wright has passed him with 5 sacks last season, and Pryor and Brace have the potential to grow into full time DE's.[/b]

A great role player for the Pats and great locker room guy, I'm pleased he got another decent pay day. He'll be a great mentor for those young DLmen they are gathering in Denver.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, of course

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. The stupidity of Jets fans is the only thing "scary" about this team.

Oh yeah, what an exodus..ONE player who didn't do much for us last year.

It's ok though guys. You can be in your little happy place for another couple of months, it will make kicking your a**** waaayyyyy more fun in the fall!

See you in August!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3520236]I'm seeing more and more mocks that have him going before 22, but I still expect him to be there and if he is I agree the Pats most likely pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Pryor and Wright actually outplayed Green last year. A dline of Brace, Pryor, Wilfork, Warren and Wright should be enough to start the year.

i am going to miss Green though, before ankle injuries slowed him the last two years he was the best pass rusher on the team. If the ankle woes are behind him Denver got themselves a bargain.

I dont see the Pats going with Oldrick and I dont even like the guy that much.

I would like to see the pats get one of each with the 4 picks between 22-53.

Kindle/Sapp/Hughes/Graham as a OLB
    Wilson/spivey/Cox/Franks at Corner
    Spikes/Butler/Chaney at mlb
    Gilyard/Thomas/Damien Williams at WR

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3520319]You are certainly consistent in your lack of knowledge. You know little about your own team, and even less about your biggest rival. You fail to recall that for all the Pats deficiencies on defense they managed to the be 5th best scoring defense, and the 11th best overall D.

YOU may think the gap is widening, but the only gap widening when you post is the gap between your ears.[/QUOTE]

please stop the personal attacks

thank you

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3520547]Pryor and Wright actually outplayed Green last year. A dline of Brace, Pryor, Wilfork, Warren and Wright should be enough to start the year.

i am going to miss Green though, before ankle injuries slowed him the last two years he was the best pass rusher on the team. If the ankle woes are behind him Denver got themselves a bargain.

I dont see the Pats going with Oldrick and I dont even like the guy that much.

I would like to see the pats get one of each with the 4 picks between 22-53.

Kindle/Sapp/Hughes/Graham as a OLB
    Wilson/spivey/Cox/Franks at Corner
    Spikes/Butler/Chaney at mlb
    Gilyard/Thomas/Damien Williams at WR[/QUOTE]

good analysis

take it over to patsfans.com where somebody might actually give a sh1t

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3520612]please stop the personal attacks

thank you[/QUOTE]

you should put him on ignore

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3520200][B]Jarvis Green was very valuable in the role he played in NE. He was the perfect rotational DE. I don't think,however, he will carry the same value as a starter. Mike Wright is a similar guy (only not as good)....as a rotational DLineman he's very valuable. As a highly paid starter, not as much. [/B]

Pats were in a bind not to overpay for a guy who only has value up to a certain level, but real value, nonethelss.

I'm just surprised he's never left in past years. I'm guessing the Pats were very strategic in his extensions, with him only coming up as a UFA now.[/QUOTE]

+1

Denver paid him "solid starter" money because they knew that's what he is. He's not going to get as many sacks as he did as a rotational player.