Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: A perfect T Jones replacement idea - Jones

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

A perfect T Jones replacement idea - Jones

What about Kevin Jones, recently cut from the Bears, and formerly, a Detroit first round pick?

I loved him coming out, and before he got hurt, he was looking good in Detroit, in many ways, Kevin Jones' career has kind of started out like Thomas Jones' career did.

A RB with nice size, speed, pass catching ability, and if he's fully healthy, is looking to rebound his career, could fit in very well in a role with Greene and Washington IMO. and should come cheap, and is still relatively young.

Make it happen Tangenius!!! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Tuesday morning, running back Kevin Jones was hoping to get another opportunity with the Bears after being cleared medically to play.

Now he's looking for another job.

Jones said he was released Tuesday afternoon, ending his brief stint with the Bears.

Newly signed Chester Taylor will be a co-starter with Matt Forte, according to offensive coordinator Mike Martz in an interview with the Bears' Web site. So the backfield picture was getting a bit crowded.

"I'm just thankful for the opportunity the Bears gave me here," Jones told the Tribune.

Jones signed with the Bears prior to the 2008 season after being released by the Lions. After rushing for 109 yards on 34 carries in his first year, [B]Jones missed all of 2009 after tearing ligaments in his left ankle in the exhibition finale against the Browns[/B].

The Bears still have Garrett Wolfe and Kahlil Bell on the roster behind Forte and Taylor. Veteran Adrian Peterson is not expected back.

Jones initially signed a one-year, $605,000 contract with the Bears. Then before the '09 season, he signed a two-year contract worth $3.5 million, including a $1 million bonus and $2 million in the first season. Jones agreed to rejoin the Bears while on a free-agent visit to Buffalo.

[url]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/kevin-jones-still-eyes-spot-in-bears-backfield.html[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take Rudi Johnson over this guy. Rudi is looking for work and can be a good veteran that gets limited carries.