Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atari Bigby?

Hall Of Fame

Atari Bigby?

He's tendered by GB for a 2nd rounder. What is your opinion of him? Do you think he's worth a 2nd?

I personally love watching him fly to the ball. He reminds me of Polamalu in a way. The kid definitely likes to hit.

i dont know how i feel about giving up high picks on restricted free agents in such a deep draft i would rather keep the picks and get a safety somewhere else

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm still kinda pissed that Green Bay swiped him off our practice squad.

All he can do is hit, and I haven't seen him do that in like two years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He's got a cool name...but not worth a 2nd

I was kind of hoping for XBox McGhee, myself.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3520576]I'm still kinda pissed that Green Bay swiped him off our practice squad.[/QUOTE]

:eek: What?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3520579]He's got a cool name...but not worth a 2nd[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but he's from Jamaica.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=DowntownScience;3520586]:eek: What?[/QUOTE]

Yup, he was a Jet, left him unprotected unfortunately.

We also let Erik Coleman walk without even making him an offer, which was a mistake. He never made it out of Mangini's doghouse for whatever reason.

Gives up way to many big plays and always seems to get flagged, like most of Green Bay's secondary. Def not worth a second rounder.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3520594]Yup, he was a Jet, left him unprotected unfortunately.

We also let Erik Coleman walk without even making him an offer, which was a mistake. He never made it out of Mangini's doghouse for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

When was Bigby a Jet? ..And Erik Coleman was not that good. Sorry.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3520583]I was kind of hoping for XBox McGhee, myself.[/QUOTE]

what is a Xbox maGhee?

Thanks for letting this one go, Herm.

[QUOTE=MainManMickens24;3520710]Gives up way to many big plays and always seems to get flagged, like most of Green Bay's secondary. Def not worth a second rounder.[/QUOTE]

Guys, Atari Bigby blows. You dont want him for a 5th rounder!

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3520724]Guys, Atari Bigby blows. You dont want him for a 5th rounder![/QUOTE]

Correct...

Some of the people here who don't actually watch these other players have to understand the fact that just because someone starts for another team, doesn't mean they are actually good.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3520576]I'm still kinda pissed that Green Bay swiped him off our practice squad.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't signed off our practice squad, we cut him before the start of the 05 season.

He was a Jet for 3 weeks

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3520731]He wasn't signed off our practice squad, we cut him before the start of the 05 season.

He was a Jet for 3 weeks[/QUOTE]

Correct!

[SIZE="3"]New York Jets[/SIZE]
    Bigby was signed by the New York Jets on August 11, 2005, only to be waived during final cuts on September 3. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Bigby[/url]

He was under the Herm regime but didn't make it with us. He really didn't show much until the 2007 season w/GB and really more of a guy who blew plays up w/big hits with poor coverage skills. If you want Bigby at safety for us, might as well draft Taylor Mays

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3520736]Correct!

[SIZE="3"]New York Jets[/SIZE]
    Bigby was signed by the New York Jets on August 11, 2005, only to be waived during final cuts on September 3. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Bigby[/url]

He was under the Herm regime but didn't make it with us. He really didn't show much until the 2007 season w/GB and really more of a guy who blew plays up w/big hits with poor coverage skills. If you want Bigby at safety for us, might as well draft Taylor Mays[/QUOTE]

Taylor Mays will be 10 times the ball-player that Atari Bigby will ever be.
    You shouldnt even mention them in the same sentence. Worlds apart in terms of talent & potential!

All League
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3520739]Taylor Mays will be 10 times the ball-player that Atari Bigby will ever be.
    [B]You shouldnt even mention them in the same sentence.[/B] Worlds apart in terms of talent & potential![/QUOTE]

Why? At this PRESENT point in time, they are about equal in NFL secondary [I]skill[/I]. I'm not talking physical ability, which is what I think has your panties in a bunch, I'm talking about NFL skill NOW.

Mays is knocked because his glaring weakness is ability to have natural coverage instincts. He can lay the wood, no doubt about that. But he's criticized for "Questionable instincts and awareness --- Poor ball skills. . . Struggles in space --- Too often gets preoccupied with delivering the knockout blow . . . .[B]More of an intimidator than a playmaker in the secondary[/B] --- Has the talent to be a dynamic all-around player at the next level" ([url]http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/S/Taylor-Mays.php[/url])

I think Mays will be better as he grows in the NFL, but from a starting safety to plug on day 1 standpoint, Mays and Bigby are the same.

And you and I agree, Mays WILL BE, while Bigby is what he is, a safety w/poor coverage and and can lay the wood, THUS as I stated: MIGHT AS WELL DRAFT Mays.:rolleyes:

My initial post is anti-going after Bigby.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3520724]Guys, Atari Bigby blows bigtime!! You dont want him for a 7th rounder![/QUOTE]

... fixed ...

... + 9999999999999999999999999 ...

l_j_r