Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gholston is Dorian Boose 2.0 - deal with it.

All League

Gholston is Dorian Boose 2.0 - deal with it.

He has no insticts for the game. He doesn't like contact. He is a bust. Fielding an All-Pro team around him wouldn't "rejuvinate his career".

Stop with the insanity. The guy is a bust. Period. Time to admit the mistake and move on.

I truely believe the add. of Cro at corner will help turn this young mans career around. Thinking back on the season to how many near misses he had at getting a sack, makes me believe the extra half sec. or so he and the rest of the front seven will get with Cro covering the #2 WR.
    At this point, he is a bust. But Rex said maybe all he needs is more playing time. Who knows, maybe the extra split sec. is all he needs.

Hall Of Fame
    Thank God somebody finally had the courage and vision to stand up and create this thread.

All League
    [QUOTE=dbatesman;3520614]Thank God somebody finally had the courage and vision to stand up and create this thread.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210128[/url]

One of many examples on this board. Some people are still hoping Rex can make chicken salad out of chicken****.

Feel free to go beyond wonkery and either disagree with the premise or actually say something relevant or topical. Thanks in advance, bro!

Dorian Boose actually saw the field a bit...Gholston may be the first top 10 defensive pick to never compile 5 tackles...

[QUOTE=FF2;3520610]I truely believe the add. of Cro at corner will help turn this young mans career around. Thinking back on the season to how many near misses he had at getting a sack, makes me believe the extra half sec. or so he and the rest of the front seven will get with Cro covering the #2 WR.
    At this point, he is a bust. But Rex said maybe all he needs is more playing time. Who knows, maybe the extra split sec. is all he needs.[/QUOTE]

Except you have it backwards. It's the pass rusher's job to get to the QB so the corner doesn't have to cover his man forever. We never had elite corners when John Abraham was here, and somehow he got to the QB. Besides, Gholston has been far more than a "half sec" slow.

I backed the Gholston pick at the time, but he has been nothing short of abysmal. No heart, no speed, no chance. Time to cut the loss.

A better comparison than Dorian Boose would be Ron Faurot, another LB who hated contact and verbally admitted after being cut that he wasn't that interested in playing football.

[QUOTE=FF2;3520610]I truely believe the add. of Cro at corner will help turn this young mans career around. Thinking back on the season to how many near misses he had at getting a sack, makes me believe the extra half sec. or so he and the rest of the front seven will get with Cro covering the #2 WR.
    At this point, he is a bust. But Rex said maybe all he needs is more playing time. Who knows, maybe the extra split sec. is all he needs.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I think V-Ghol will show marked improvement this year

WOW! Blaming a CB for the horrendous play of a LB...Talk about passing the buck!...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3520662]Feel free to go beyond wonkery and either disagree with the premise or actually say something [B]relevant or topical[/B].[/QUOTE]

This is well-phrased in that it leaves you plenty of room for "things 99% of the posters on JI have said in the last 22 months," but that said it's still mighty ironic.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3520596]He has no insticts for the game. He doesn't like contact. He is a bust. Fielding an All-Pro team around him wouldn't "rejuvinate his career".

Stop with the insanity. The guy is a bust. Period. Time to admit the mistake and move on.[/QUOTE]

I always thought he was more Ron Farout. But Farout was then made into an OL and stunk there to

[IMG]http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/woman_big_balls.jpg[/IMG]
    What Gholston needs...

All League
    This year is it for him. Better show something like...ya know...getting a SACK.

He is basically a goner though unless he breaks out and has a 8+ sack season.

[QUOTE=dbatesman;3520614]Thank God somebody finally had the courage and vision to stand up and create this thread.[/QUOTE]

+1

Too few people realize how bad Gholston's been his first two years. HISTORICALLY bad, that's how much. This Doriano Boose fellow much have been some a-hole to be in the same class of human and football player.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3520596]He has no insticts for the game. He doesn't like contact. He is a bust. Fielding an All-Pro team around him wouldn't "rejuvinate his career".

Stop with the insanity. The guy is a bust. Period. Time to admit the mistake and move on.[/QUOTE]

Gholston is nothing like Boose. I distinctly recall Boose making a play once.

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3520725][IMG]http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/woman_big_balls.jpg[/IMG]
    What Gholston needs...[/QUOTE]

A cowboy hat?

unless he's dead, injured or in jail, a 23 year old player is not a bust. he still has a chance, believe it or not.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3520945]unless he's dead, injured or in jail, a 23 year old player is not a bust. he still has a chance, believe it or not.[/QUOTE]

HISTORICALLY bad. If you can't get a sack in your first two years, how's it possible to get a sack at all EVER?

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3520956]HISTORICALLY bad. If you can't get a sack in your first two years, how's it possible to get a sack at all EVER?[/QUOTE]

maaaaaaan stfu

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

no- he's Aundray Bruce...