Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gholston is Dorian Boose 2.0 - deal with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3520725][IMG]http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/woman_big_balls.jpg[/IMG]
    What Gholston needs...[/QUOTE]

a girl wearing a hat touching his balls???

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3520945]unless he's dead, injured or in jail, a 23 year old player is not a bust. he still has a chance, believe it or not.[/QUOTE]

However, that player must have the heart, desire and instincts to at least try to excel. To most fans like me with limited knowledge of the situation, Gholston seemingly does not have the heart, desire or instincts to try to be an NFL player.

When you consider how high he was drafted and how poorly he has performed then throw in the seemingly lack of heart, desire and instincts, it is no wonder why so many lable him as a bust.

VG might show the heart, desire and instincts to D-rex in practices etc but to the average fan, we simply do not see it in him.

if Gholston were as bad as the fans thought he'd be gone. regardless of the money situation.

Calvin Pace had an interview with PFW in Jan of 2010 where he said He believed in Gholston and so did the NYJ.

Pace knows first hand what it's like to be a first round defensive end not living up to expectations.

if he believes, and the Jets believe... that's good enough for me. I will agree this is a make or break year.

[url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/16/pace-says-jets-believe-in-gholston[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3521012]if Gholston were as bad as the fans thought he'd be gone. regardless of the money situation.

Calvin Pace had an interview with PFW in Jan of 2010 where he said He believed in Gholston and so did the NYJ.

Pace knows first hand what it's like to be a first round defensive end not living up to expectations.

if he believes, and the Jets believe... that's good enough for me. I will agree this is a make or break year.

[url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/16/pace-says-jets-believe-in-gholston[/url][/QUOTE]

Did you think anyone would say the Ghost stinks on ice?? This year he better show something or he'll be a first ballot inductee into the Jet Hall of Shame..
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-10-2010 at 11:23 AM.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3521017]Did you think anyone would say the Ghost stinks on ice?? This year he better shown something or he'll be a first ballot inductee into the Jet Hall of Shame..[/QUOTE]

savage like i said, if he were as bad as we say he is in the forums, he'd be gone. when/if he gets cut we can talk about him being a bust... right now he's just a dissapointment. the Jets don't have the roster space for a terrible player with no hope of getting better.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Boose was a second round pick, not the 6th overall pick in the draft. The best comparison would be to Brian Bosworth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=scott dierking II;3521150]Boose was a second round pick, not the 6th overall pick in the draft. The best comparison would be to Brian Bosworth.[/QUOTE]

At least the Boz had 4 sacks as a rookie.. And he was a Supplemental Draft Draft pick that the Seahawks regretted ever since..:eek:

[QUOTE=FijiJet;3520670]Agree, I think V-Ghol will show marked improvement this year[/QUOTE]

I believe he will get better this year. Rex will be teaching him for a whole year and he's young. Sometimes it takes time to transition from college scheme to NFL LB.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3520966]a girl wearing a hat touching his balls???[/QUOTE]

Don't we all need that?

As far as I am concerned the hat is optional.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    These 'i know how good/bad a player is even though I don't watch them practice" threads are the most annoying part of this board.

But I read them anyway.
    :huh:

TRUST IN REX!
    Last edited by Buster; 03-10-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=bman;3520680]WOW! Blaming a CB for the horrendous play of a LB...Talk about passing the buck!...[/QUOTE]

Go watch the AFCCG one more time and then get back with me.
    Did ya watch it? Now, tell me one more time how poor CB play didn't affect our LB's getting to Manning. Like I said in another thread, Cro is gonna help the entire front seven get to the QB. I'm really hoping it helps Gholston as well. If not, he's a gonner.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=scott dierking II;3521150]Boose was a second round pick, not the 6th overall pick in the draft. The best comparison would be to Brian Bosworth.[/QUOTE]

Aundray Bruce.....Bosworth was at least a presonality before the steroids finally ate away at his shoulders...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3521185]Aundray Bruce.....Bosworth was at least a presonality before the steroids finally ate away at his shoulders...[/QUOTE]

How about Kenneth Sims the first pick in the Draft for the Pats in 82??:yes:

[QUOTE=FF2;3520610]I truely believe the add. of Cro at corner will help turn this young mans career around. Thinking back on the season to how many near misses he had at getting a sack, makes me believe the extra half sec. or so he and the rest of the front seven will get with Cro covering the #2 WR.
    At this point, he is a bust. But Rex said maybe all he needs is more playing time. Who knows, maybe the extra split sec. is all he needs.[/QUOTE]oh you're good..almost had me there...

[QUOTE=dbatesman;3520614]Thank God somebody finally had the courage and vision to stand up and create this thread.[/QUOTE]well sir,thank god somone had the courage to point out that someone had the courage to point out(again) that gholston sucks...