Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: My New Top 15 w/ Trades

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

My New Top 15 w/ Trades

1. St. Louis Rams – Ndamukung Suh, DT, Nebraska
    2. Detroit Lions – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma*
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida*
    If one of the DT's are here, the Bucs run to the podium. But if not, I'm not sure the Bucs go Berry. They instead choose to rebuild their pass-rush with a local kid whose upside has no ceiling.
    4. Cleveland Browns (via Washington Redskins) – Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee*
    As soon as Berry falls here, Browns jump two teams who could use a safety to land the stud muffin. Mangini cut his teeth as a DB coach so he knows a good one when he sees one.
    5. Kansas City Chiefs - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
    6. Seattle Seahawks – Russell Okung, OT, OSU
    Choose to protect Hasselback during his follow hurrah before addressing the QB position as it is much less risky and more cost-conscious. This will pay off later.
    7. Washington Redskins (via Cleveland Browns)– Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma*
    Shannahan isn't sold on Campbell so finds #7 a more appropriate place to take Bradford. He's a pretty good fit for the offense and his bust potential just went down under Shanny's tutelage.
    8. Oakland Raiders – Everson Griffen, DE, USC*
    Reach city, but it's what the Raiders do. He had a fantastic combine, fills a need, and comes from Oakland's backyard. This seems like a logical illogical pick for the raiders.
    9. Buffalo Bills – Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    10. NY Giants (via Jacksonville Jaguars) – Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama*
    Giants trade up to ensure they get the premier player at the position they need in the worst way. I think NY needs to find a way to get McClain and I think they will.
    11. Denver Broncos – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State*
    12. Miami Dolphins – Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
    13. San Francisco 49ers – Joe Haden, CB, Florida*
    14. Seattle Seahawks – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame*
    Seattle's sure glad he falls here as he immediately becomes the heir apparent to Hasselback.
    15. Jacksonville Jaguars (via NY Giants) – Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
    Jacksonville gets strict orders from ownership to get Tebow and know they can trade down, get him, and not get AS MUCH heat(outside of Florida) for reaching on Tebow at 10.
    Last edited by gangGREENinsider; 03-09-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3520652]1. St. Louis Rams Ndamukung Suh, DT, Nebraska
    2. Detroit Lions Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma*
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida*
    If one of the DT's are here, the Bucs run to the podium. But if not, I'm not sure the Bucs go Berry. They instead choose to rebuild their pass-rusher with a local kid whose upside has no ceiling.
    4. Cleveland Browns (via Washington Redskins) Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee*
    As soon as Berry falls here, Browns jump two teams who could use a safety to land the stud muffin. Mangini cut his teeth as a DB coach so he knows a good one when he sees one.
    5. Kansas City Chiefs - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
    6. Seattle Seahawks Russell Okung, OT, OSU
    Choose to protect Hasselback during his follow hurrah before addressing the QB position as it is much less risky and more cost-conscious. This will pay off later.
    7. Washington Redskins (via Cleveland Browns) Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma*
    Shannahan isn't sold on Campbell so finds #7 a more appropriate place to take Bradford. He's a pretty good fit for the offense and his bust potential just went down under Shanny's tutelage.
    8. Oakland Raiders Everson Griffen, DE, USC*
    Reach city, but it's what the Raiders do. He had a fantastic combine, fills a need, and comes from Oakland's backyard. This seems like a logical illogical pick for the raiders.
    9. Buffalo Bills Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    10. NY Giants (via Jacksonville Jaguars) Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama*
    Giants trade up to ensure they get the premier player at the position they need in the worst way. I think NY needs to find a way to get McClain and I think they will.
    11. Denver Broncos Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State*
    12. Miami Dolphins Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
    13. San Francisco 49ers Joe Haden, CB, Florida*
    14. Seattle Seahawks Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame*
    Seattle's sure glad he falls here as he immediately becomes the heir apparent to Hasselback.
    15. Jacksonville Jaguars (via NY Giants) Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
    Jacksonville gets strict orders from ownership to get Tebow and know they can trade down, get him, and not get AS MUCH heat(outside of Florida) for reaching on Tebow at 10.[/QUOTE]

That is a great top 15.

The Giants trade is creative and simple at the same time. The Giants need to come away with Rolando in this draft and there's a great chance the Broncos take him at 11, if he lasts that long. And it's great for Jacksonville and their Tebow lock-of-a-pick.

The other trade would be a good trade by the Redskins but I think foolish by the Browns. I don't like trading into the top 5 for a safety. If they're going to play him at CB... things would be different.

I like all the selections though, for the spots and the team.

But I expect you to follow it up with the next 17 picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3520660]That is a great top 15.

The Giants trade is creative and simple at the same time. The Giants need to come away with Rolando in this draft and there's a great chance the Broncos take him at 11, if he lasts that long. And it's great for Jacksonville and their Tebow lock-of-a-pick.

The other trade would be a good trade by the Redskins but I think foolish by the Browns. I don't like trading into the top 5 for a safety. If they're going to play him at CB... things would be different.

I like all the selections though, for the spots and the team.

But I expect you to follow it up with the next 17 picks.[/QUOTE]

If Taylor can go 4, Berry definitely could. I think Mangini knows his value- how many different coverages that can be disguised due to his ability to pretty much play anywhere in the secondary.

Mangini will be like a kid in a candy store using him.

Redskins on the other hand know they need to completely overhaul their roster so one player isn't necessarily targeted though so much as the thought of keeping a pick in the top 7 while adding even more picks. It goes along with the more frugal redskins front office, too.

And yeah, I think the Giants need to ensure they get McClain.

Thanks for the input. It took a lot of thought so another 17 would take me awhile.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kindle that high eh? I have been having a tough time placing him. If Jax makes that pick they should be kicked in the balls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JPP that high iz ballz of brazz

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3520665]If Taylor can go 4, Berry definitely could. I think Mangini knows his value- how many different coverages that can be disguised due to his ability to pretty much play anywhere in the secondary.

Mangini will be like a kid in a candy store using him.
    [/QUOTE]

Sean Taylor might just have been the best safety prospect ever.

I know I don't even have to tell you, but this is just for anyone who hasn't seen it. This was Sean Taylor's rookie season:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owkNAN3lU14[/url]

If the Browns feel Berry's that good, I'll understand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3520696]Sean Taylor might just have been the best safety prospect ever.

I know I don't even have to tell you, but this is just for anyone who hasn't seen it. This was Sean Taylor's rookie season:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owkNAN3lU14[/url]

If the Browns feel Berry's that good, I'll understand.[/QUOTE]

Color me a Berry fan:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a really good mock, and I like the trades.

That said, I don't JPP is going in the top 3. He's not THAT good...and if he's treated as such then he's Gholston 2.0 without even Gholston's short resume...in a much stronger draft. To me he's Bobby McCray 2.0. McCray is a decent player, but if he went in the top 10 everyone would hate him.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-10-2010 at 12:46 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it, though I think Kindle goes later than you have him going. The trades all make sense, and I can really see Jax trading down to take Tebow for a couple reasons... aside from getting their man, they also save a substantial amount of money by trading down and they could really use the extra picks to add OL and CB help.

Berry isn't the same kind of player as Taylor. Berry will never be 6'2" 215-220 and will never hit with the authority that Taylor did.

But Berry is much better in coverage than Taylor. They're just different players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the rest. This is really realistic imo.