Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Buzz: No Compensatory Picks for Jets - From JetsBlog

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Buzz: No Compensatory Picks for Jets - From JetsBlog

From the Jetsblog.com.

Take it for what it's worth:

[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="3"]Buzz: No Compensatory Picks for Jets[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [I]Posted on March 9th, 2010 by Bent[/I]

Although the UFA compensatory picks will not be announced officially for approximately two weeks, there is some bad news from AdamJT13, a blogger who has been projecting the compensatory picks for the last decade and has an accuracy rate of approximately 75%.

[I]New York Jets ó The Jets will not receive a comp pick. They signed three players who will qualify and one who is on the bubble for qualifying. They lost no more than three players who will qualify. As I explained in a previous post, Laveranues Coles might not qualify for the equation, which would mean that the Jets lost only two qualifying players. Either way, the Jets did not suffer a net loss of free agents and will not receive a comp pick.
    The Jets were adamant that Coles did qualify, but it seems strange that they would go to such lengths if it wasnít likely to make any difference. The Jets did lose several UFAs last year that contributed on other teams, but only UFAs count, not players who were cut.[/I]

Unfortunately, the NFL calculates these based on some kind of secret formula, so it is not possible to check Adamís assertion that the Jets lost fewer than 3 UFAs that will qualify.

While we can hold out some hope that this will be incorrect, it seems unlikely, so the Jets will apparently enter the draft with six picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have we ever received a comp pick?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pcola;3520899]Have we ever received a comp pick?[/QUOTE]

Sure!!

Eric Smith end of round 3 was a comp pick.

Loss of Lamont Jordan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gas2No99;3520852]From the Jetsblog.com.

Take it for what it's worth:

[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="3"]Buzz: No Compensatory Picks for Jets[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [I]Posted on March 9th, 2010 by Bent[/I]

Although the UFA compensatory picks will not be announced officially for approximately two weeks, there is some bad news from AdamJT13, a blogger who has been projecting the compensatory picks for the last decade and has an accuracy rate of approximately 75%.

[I]New York Jets ó The Jets will not receive a comp pick. They signed three players who will qualify and one who is on the bubble for qualifying. They lost no more than three players who will qualify. As I explained in a previous post, [B]Laveranues Coles[/B] might not qualify for the equation, which would mean that the Jets lost only two qualifying players. Either way, the Jets did not suffer a net loss of free agents and will not receive a comp pick.
    The Jets were adamant that [B]Coles[/B] did qualify, but it seems strange that they would go to such lengths if it wasnít likely to make any difference. The Jets did lose several UFAs last year that contributed on other teams, but only UFAs count, not players who were cut.[/I]

Unfortunately, the NFL calculates these based on some kind of secret formula, so it is not possible to check Adamís assertion that the Jets lost fewer than 3 UFAs that will qualify.

While we can hold out some hope that this will be incorrect, it seems unlikely, so the Jets will apparently enter the draft with six picks.[/QUOTE]

:huh: :huh: