OLB Adalius Thomas
CB/S Marlin Jackson
Jets receive Vikings 2nd Round Pick for Leon Washington signing their offer sheet.
1) Damian Williams WR. I know people will say that we're a run first team with 3 good options, but the truth is that WR take time to develop. Who knows what will happen with Braylon next year or how well Keller does? The only sure thing here is Cotchery. Williams has chemistry with Sanchez.
2) Morgan Burnett S. Obviously we have a need at safety. I love Burnett and he fits the rangy, ballhawking description we want at FS. Does everything pretty well.
2) Cam Thomas DE/NT. The age on this team is mostly on the DL. Ellis is still solid and DeVito is young, but Pouha just had a career year at 30 and Jenkins is coming off a major injury. Thomas can play both DE and NT and would be good value here.
4) Ben Tate RB. With the losses of TJ and Leon, the Jets address RB fairly early. Tate might not be here because of his good combine, but he's interchangeable with a few solid RB like Montario Hardesty and Anthony Dixon. Gives us a really nice RB tandem with Tate and Greene.
5) Zane Beadles OG. We need depth and Beadles could be groomed to take over for Faneca.
6) George Selvie OLB. Was once a potential first round pick, apparently he might go undrafted now. I still think he goes somewhere in the 5-6 rounds but the combine really hurt him. Still, he has a lot of experience and leadership and solid pass rushing ability.
[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3521320]Um, Leon is a RB. Percy is a WR. Percy had 15 carries last year and I bet almost all of them were on reverses.
The Vikings just lot Chester Taylor and Leon would be a nice compliment to AP.[/QUOTE]
A lot of Leon's value comes from ST. Well, he's not going to be on ST with Minnesota with Percy there. Percy can line up out of the backfield too and do the same thinks Leon can. I don't see Minnesota as a fit.
I think they're going to look more for a veteran caddy for AD and not spend the pick and money on Washington.
[QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3521272]Why would the Vikings want Washington when they have Harvin?
Draft's not half bad though. I hope Selvie can play ST...[/QUOTE]
If Leon was to go, I think Philadelphia, looking for a replacement for Westbrook,has a first, a second (55), two thirds ( seattles #70) and two fourths. Losing a second isn't that dramatic. Think about JPP's rise and Selvies fall.