Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viewing JI via Tapatalk for iPhone, Droid and Blackberry

Veteran

Viewing JI via Tapatalk for iPhone, Droid and Blackberry

Just wondering, what is the possibility we can get this set up? I'm sure it's not the easiest but wondered if maybe something was in the works. It'd be sweet to have that option on the train home, or at some point at a game to type in or browse for a sec.
    Thanks!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Just wondering, what is the possibility we can get this set up? I'm sure it's not the easiest but wondered if maybe something was in the works. It'd be sweet to have that option on the train home, or at some point at a game to type in or browse for a sec.
    Thanks!
    I get it on my IPhone??

All Pro
    Posted from my Blackberry riding a ferry from St. John back to St. Thomas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Stop in at Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook and have a cold one for me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Stop in at Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook and have a cold one for me.
    Ha ha ha, that's like the one place we haven't been yet but it looks fun. Ate at the East End Cafe last night...had some excellent Italian food. I hadn't had gnocchi in years!

Veteran
    I can get it too, I've followed......but is it a mobile specific site or are you loading the regular site? That's what im asking I guess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    you suck

Clearly you CAN get the site on a browser, but that's not what he's trying to suggest. He's saying, a mobile app of the website just to make it easier to see the team news, get on the boards, etc. I've been on here numerous times with my blackberry as well, but a mobile app for this site would make it 100x easier and efficient to view it on a phone.

I've been hoping for this since last year when I got my BB.

You can definitely access JI, but it's not easy because it just goes to the regular website which has too many graphics and too much space. If there were a mobile specific one with just the forums without all the signatures and pictures and images....THAT would be sweet.

downside is that I wouldn't get anything done anywhere cuz I'd be on JI all day

All League
    A mobile app for the forums that comes with say, a JI Insider subscription, sounds like a mighty good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    If there were a mobile specific one with just the forums without all the signatures and pictures and images....THAT would be sweet.
    You can always turn off sigs and avatars in your account options

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    you suck
    Ha ha ha, yep I sure do!

Back to the topic, if a BB app was offered with a paid subscription, I'd plunk down some cash for shizzle.

Yeah, I don't post enough on here. I need to access this site from everywheres.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    You can always turn off sigs and avatars in your account options
    I actually have them off anyways so that I can access it from work (like right now )

but, the banner, plus all the ads and the links still take forever to load. an app would be soo sweet

All Pro
    This'll be a priority right after Jones is removed from the front page

Veteran
    my droid works perfectly with the site. looks and functions exactly like it does on a computer.

get a phone with a better browser. my last 3 phones were blackberry. the browser blows.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Thanks!
    Id appreciate a mobile specific website and great sig btw.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    my droid works perfectly with the site. looks and functions exactly like it does on a computer.

get a phone with a better browser. my last 3 phones were blackberry. the browser blows.
    +1

Got a G1 and have posted all of my 400 + from it, exactly like the computer only on a smaller screen. 3G works very well and the phone has a ton of more options and features for a reasonable price.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Yeah, I don't post enough on here. I need to access this site from everywheres.
    Everywheres...is that like "parts unknown" from back in the WWF Ultimate Warrior days?!
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-12-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Veteran
    The gang green.com uses a thing called tapatalk for iPhone and I guess other types of browsers.

MetsRefugees.com has a setting where you can change it to mobile while on your phone and itworks great

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post

I hear ya, but I'm locked it for a bit more. I decided I wanted an Eris or Droid but it was too late to change. I figure there will be even more kickass phones in 2 years from now