Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex has scheduled proceedure (not serious)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3525195]do they provide anything for someone to change their behavior re: eating with this bariatric stuff or is it just

do the procedure, bill his insurance company for the 50K and then out the door with no help in changing the way he eats?[/QUOTE]

Of course, included is a little midget that sits on his shouler 24/7 and shakes a finger everytime he eats something unhealthy. :D

Legally, people take over personal responsibility from their parents at the age of 18.

The procedure will cause significant weight loss and allow him to stay there. This reduction in long-term obesity (in itself) will reduce many risk factors for cardiovascular/endocrine (Diabetes etc) disease.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3525179]Is there something similar for penis so I'm not horny all the time?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Marriage?

[QUOTE=jetswin;3525233]I feel it's my duty to mention that Mangini went downhill fast when he got skinnier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is bad news. Fat people need to stay fat. It's who they are. You're messing with things here.

Just let Rex be Rex™.

He MAY have started the season at 340, but I'd bet a year's salary he was over 400 by the end of the season. I wish him luck with the surgery, but the man needs to get his lousy habits under control if he truly wants to change his health for the better.

All League
    Rex is gonna be thin?:dunno:

can he coach thin?

Jets Insider VIP
    Good for him and his family. I'm a bit surprised about the timing though. You would have figured that the gregarious Irish guy would have liked to have enjoyed his first St. Patrick's day in NYC instead of recovering from lap band surgery and a hernia repair.

Oh well, get well soon Rex!

Banned
    Next time Rex loses a game will Woody say -

" Bad Coach- No Donut " :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetworks;3525352]Good for him and his family. I'm a bit surprised about the timing though. You would have figured that the gregarious Irish guy would have liked to have enjoyed his first St. Patrick's day in NYC instead of recovering from lap band surgery and a hernia repair.

Oh well, get well soon Rex![/QUOTE]

Perfect timing.

He'll be on a liquid diet, perfect for St Patrick's Day.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3525538]Next time Rex loses a game will Woody say -

" Bad Coach- No Donut " :D[/QUOTE]

lame, awful, unfunny

If I give you a "get out of your bet free card" will you leave and go back where you came from NOW??

" Bad Coach- No Donut " :D[/QUOTE]

That was just ungodly awful.

Stay off the board clown.

Yes, we do good it fat coaches

[QUOTE=jetswin;3525233]I feel it's my duty to mention that Mangini went downhill fast when he got skinnier.[/QUOTE]

Think about it, our best coaches were fatsos; Weeb, Parcells, Fat Mangini (not skinny Mangini), and Rex. I want a fat Jet coach. I would fatten him up, figure another 100lbs and we get to the Super Bowl.

Practice Squad

The best news I've heard all day.

I had similar surgery on October 7th.

This is the best thing that I could have hoped for for Rex and his future and ours as fans.

This is a much simpler procedure than it used to be. Since he is home already I have to believe that he had the Laproscopic version as I did. I ws home in 48 hours and back to work a couple of days later.

I've lost 105 lbs and was just taken off of my Blood prssure, cholesteral and gout medications. I feel like I'm 20 years younger and have probably added 20 years to my life expectancy.

It's far from the 'easy way" that most people think. But it is a good way to develop the good eating habits that will help you to stay healthy for teh rest of your life.

Best of luck to you on this journey Rex. It was the best thing that I ever did for myself and I sincerely hope that it works out the same way for you.

[QUOTE=BUD329;3526146]I had similar surgery on October 7th.

This is the best thing that I could have hoped for for Rex and his future and ours as fans.

This is a much simpler procedure than it used to be. Since he is home already I have to believe that he had the Laproscopic version as I did. I ws home in 48 hours and back to work a couple of days later.

I've lost 105 lbs and was just taken off of my Blood prssure, cholesteral and gout medications. I feel like I'm 20 years younger and have probably added 20 years to my life expectancy.

It's far from the 'easy way" that most people think. But it is a good way to develop the good eating habits that will help you to stay healthy for teh rest of your life.

Best of luck to you on this journey Rex. It was the best thing that I ever did for myself and I sincerely hope that it works out the same way for you.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Best of health to you!

Practice Squad

Post Surgery support

[QUOTE=David Harris;3525237]Of course, included is a little midget that sits on his shouler 24/7 and shakes a finger everytime he eats something unhealthy. :D

Legally, people take over personal responsibility from their parents at the age of 18.

The procedure will cause significant weight loss and allow him to stay there. This reduction in long-term obesity (in itself) will reduce many risk factors for cardiovascular/endocrine (Diabetes etc) disease.[/QUOTE]

The answer is yes. There is usally ongoing support available. I go to a group meeting once a month. There are a number of bariatric sites such a bariatriceating.com and focus28.com that will provide product, cook books etc.

The real benefit of the surgery is that teaches you how very little food it takes for you to survive. For the first few months you really CAN NOT eat much more food than the size of the average blackberry and not more than 3 times per day. Since you need 60 to 80 grams of protein per day protein is pretty much all that you can eat for a while. Eventually you can add some veggies and fruits. I still can't tolerate any bread or bread products unless it is really high fiber and small quantities. I really believe that I have developed long term good eating habits that will keep me thinner even when my stomach pouch eventually expands in a few more months.

I used to wear 3x golf shirts and now I'm buying men's medium. I walk past a mirror and do a double take because it just doesn't look like me.

The support is there if he wants it. If people want to fall back into their own habits they will. But I don't think that will be me.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3525545]Perfect timing.

He'll be on a liquid diet, perfect for St Patrick's Day.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Except that one of the permenant changes is no carbonated beverages (the carbonation can expand teh stomach pouch defeating the purpose). He can drink some Irish Whiskey after about a year from surgery. So he'll have to wait until 3-17-11 to learn what a NY St Paddy's day is all about.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BUD329;3526158]The answer is yes. There is usally ongoing support available. I go to a group meeting once a month. There are a number of bariatric sites such a bariatriceating.com and focus28.com that will provide product, cook books etc.

The real benefit of the surgery is that teaches you how very little food it takes for you to survive. For the first few months you really CAN NOT eat much more food than the size of the average blackberry and not more than 3 times per day. Since you need 60 to 80 grams of protein per day protein is pretty much all that you can eat for a while. Eventually you can add some veggies and fruits. I still can't tolerate any bread or bread products unless it is really high fiber and small quantities. I really believe that I have developed long term good eating habits that will keep me thinner even when my stomach pouch eventually expands in a few more months.

I used to wear 3x golf shirts and now I'm buying men's medium. I walk past a mirror and do a double take because it just doesn't look like me.

The support is there if he wants it. If people want to fall back into their own habits they will. But I don't think that will be me.[/QUOTE]

Great stuff Bud, glad it worked out so well for you.

Best of luck to you on this journey Rex. It was the best thing that I ever did for myself and I sincerely hope that it works out the same way for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing BUD and congrats -- I respect that you took change into your own hands.

BTW, how long did it take before you started shedding the pounds?

" Bad Coach- No Donut " :D[/QUOTE] That was stupid....

Jets Insider VIP

great to hear, budman

It works great if you "develop the good eating habits". It fails like every other weight loss attempt if you DON"T

the ball is in Rex's hands. Hopefully he makes it work, habits and behavior change-wise

[QUOTE=BUD329;3526158]The answer is yes. There is usally ongoing support available. I go to a group meeting once a month. There are a number of bariatric sites such a bariatriceating.com and focus28.com that will provide product, cook books etc.

[B]The support is there if he wants it. If people want to fall back into their own habits they will. But I don't think that will be me.[/B][/QUOTE]

One major advantage for Rex is he is surrounded by trainers, a weight room, a cafeteria that should have any type of healthy food needed for his new diet, and countless health professionals should he need any.