Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets at the Alabama Pro Day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3525234]Rex knows he'd be very lucky to land Cody. Parcells' global theory is true man.[/QUOTE]

I am totally a planet guy too- BUT in all fairness Parcells theory refers to big men that are Elite Athletes. I still remember Ngata dropping back into coverage in college at times and being so athletic....Even now Kris Jenkins is an Elite Athlete at his size and is so explosive. It seems Cody is below avg athletically...

Btw guys, Who are the Elite Athlete Planet guys this year besides the obv first two Dt's in your opinion?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;3531514]I am totally a planet guy too- BUT in all fairness Parcells theory refers to big men that are Elite Athletes. I still remember Ngata dropping back into coverage in college at times and being so athletic....Even now Kris Jenkins is an Elite Athlete at his size and is so explosive. It seems Cody is below avg athletically...

Btw guys, Who are the Elite Athlete Planet guys this year besides the obv first two Dt's in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Cody dropped into coverage at Bama too. Saban has fun with his Ds...like Ngata he also took snaps as a lead blocker on goal line runs. He also blocked the two kicks.

Very, very underrated player publicly. His teammate, Lorenzo Washington (6'5 305), was the NT before him. Ngata in his junior year looked like a slob at times too, but he got himself into shape during the offseason. Cody's already at 348 and looking to drop more...I think I heard his goal weight for the season is 330-335.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3531109]a lot of upside...there are probably more guys who are NFL ready at this point from the second teir of CB's (kyle wilson, patrick robinson) but Jackson could be better 2/3 seasons down the road if he completes his game and improves his mechanics...[/QUOTE]

on this i agree the Jets were at Bama pro day to see Kareem Jackson as much as Cody

think about how much money they have tied up at the CB position - revis still on his rookie deal, cro on his rookie deal... they need another rookie deal cause it's gonna get pricey quick.

oh and the 3rd CB situation is still pretty dire.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3525601]At pick 29, Cody would be a steal.

You wanna say his combine made him slip a bit from mid round 1? Fine. No debate on that here.

But he's a legit NT prospect with the game tape to prove it.

The combine proves he could use an NFL weight training program, but also proves he's motivated enough to lose weight when necessary.

I'll trust Rex and Tannenbaum on this.[/QUOTE]

Can he stop the run against top competition? Yes, but the real question is how fast he can run 40 yards in a straight line? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    another unoriginal mental midget

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532735]Can he stop the run against top competition? Yes, but the real question is how fast he can run 40 yards in a straight line? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 03-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532786]another unoriginal mental midget[/QUOTE]

If he's wrong, it's not by a longshot.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3532842]If he's wrong, it's not by a longshot.[/QUOTE]

he's always wrong....and you're right- it's not by a long shot- a it's by a light year....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532852]he's always wrong....and you're right- it's not by a long shot- a it's by a light year....[/QUOTE]

Come on, mental midget? That's a low blow, even if its true. Now I agree with you, regarding this guys stupidity, and wouldn't suggest that I'm qualified to tell you what to do, but its a little disheartening to see one of the most intelligent posters on this board demeaning and condescending towards people who don't agree with him, even if he's a complete schmuck.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3532858]Come on, mental midget? That's a low blow, even if its true. Now I agree with you, regarding this guys stupidity, and wouldn't suggest that I'm qualified to tell you what to do, but its a little disheartening to see one of the most intelligent posters on this board demeaning and condescending towards people who don't agree with him, even if he's a complete schmuck.[/QUOTE]

dude- I treat people in like and kind content....

I can disagree with someone like yourself and others posters because you are respectful and deserve the same extended to you....

then there are those who are just pricks for no other reason than being pricks and should be treated as such...

btw- which is the opera about the carnival coming to town and the dude who dies, gets stabed?? it's a double header opera if I'm not mistaken- saw it at the Met years ago...couldn't understand squat but the Met was a classy place...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Mount Cody Set For Jets Visit

Cody has confirmed to the NFP that he is visiting in the coming weeks with the Baltimore Ravens, the San Diego Chargers and the New York Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532860]dude- I treat people in like and kind content....

I can disagree with someone like yourself and others posters because you are respectful and deserve the same extended to you....

then there are those who are just pricks for no other reason than being pricks and should be treated as such...

btw- which is the opera about the carnival coming to town and the dude who dies, gets stabed?? it's a double header opera if I'm not mistaken- saw it at the Met years ago...couldn't understand squat but the Met was a classy place...[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Pagliacci, it is typically shown with Cavalleria rusticana, both are short operas and implement dramatic tenors so they've been shown together quite regularly. If you went years ago you likely saw Domingo sing it who makes the opera worth going to, but the tenors they cast today have made Pagliacci at the Met an opera to be missed, this coming from a young singer training in the Met young artist development program. The Met is pretty amazing, but acoustically the place is so large it requires singers with exceptionally big voices, limiting the sort of singers that can be brought in. If you want to go to one this season the only one left worth going to is La Traviata -- [URL="http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/season/production.aspx?id=10577"]http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/season/production.aspx?id=10577[/URL]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3525325]at the low end of the scale....consider this- he was told after last season his weight was an issue by pro-scouts and his coaches at Bama....Bama put in place goals and weight limitations he was suppose to hit throughout the summer and season which was suppose to allow him to play...

once it was obvious he was in no way going to hit them they went out the window....the only reason he's shed a few pound recently is he smells the money rather than the barbecue....oh, and he's represented by the worst possible agent to handle the situation at present time....

that aside he's also at the very bottom of the athletic scale for defensive linemen and these people who claim his "game tape is awesome" are delusional....it's one thing to watch youtube highlights or a game on tv....it's a completely different animal to watch actual game film....[/QUOTE]

Earned 1st Team All-American in '08 and '09
    Earned 1st Team All-SEC both as a junior and senior

Wow...he's a nose tackle who happens to be fat. Whoever heard of such a thing?

Don't quit your day job listening to fat drug addicts on the radio.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 03-21-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3532858]Come on, mental midget? That's a low blow, even if its true. Now I agree with you, regarding this guys stupidity,.[/QUOTE]

now you understand why the term mental midget was used....

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532925]Earned 1st Team All-American in '08 and '09
    Earned 1st Team All-SEC both as a junior and senior

Wow...he's a nose tackle who happens to be fat. Whoever heard of such a thing?

Don't quit your day job listening to fat drug addicts on the radio.[/QUOTE]

the same boring drivel with the same garbage talking points which have absolutely nothing to do with a player's next level ability nor what any scouting department is concerned about when rating a player on their draft board...then the usual epileptic seizure to bring politics into her post...

--------------------------------------

[QUOTE=operaguy;3532895]You're thinking of Pagliacci, it is typically shown with Cavalleria rusticana, both are short operas and implement dramatic tenors so they've been shown together quite regularly. ][/QUOTE]

actually I was thinking of the former, cavalleria rusticana- doesn't someone get stabbed?
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 03-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532984]now you understand why the term mental midget was used....

the same boring drivel with the same garbage talking points which have absolutely nothing to do with a player's next level ability nor what any scouting department is concerned about when rating a player on their draft board...then the usual epileptic seizure to bring politics into her post...

--------------------------------------

actually I was thinking of the former, cavalleria rusticana- doesn't someone get stabbed?[/QUOTE]

Stabbings in both operas, if there was only one stabbing it was Cavlleria rusticana if there were two stabbings it was Pagliacci. I thought Pagliacci because you mentioned clowns, or a carnival, and Pagliacci's famous for following a travelling troupe of clowns. There may be a carnival chorus somewhere in Cavelleria rusticana but if I remember correctly its mostly just some sort of lame provincial town where this returning soldier starts a lot of drama - beating his pregnant wife, getting the town drunk, having an affair, taking part in a duel -- one of the single most Italian operas ever made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532786]another unoriginal mental midget[/QUOTE]

Mental midget? That was so funny. Almost as funny as you crying about the 40 yard run dash time of a Nose Tackle.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532984]
    actually I was thinking of the former, cavalleria rusticana- doesn't someone get stabbed?[/QUOTE]

It figures that you and operaguy are hitting it off. You guys are both big fans of musicals.

[img]http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/05/30/wi-fresh22_ph2_498538714.jpg[/img]