Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Jets Interested in Brandon Marshall???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3525301]+1

Brandon Marshall is a top 3-5 WR in the game up there with Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne (a healthy Welker too). Denver still doesn't want him because he can be a diva and also a pain in the a** at times.

I would be all for trading for him though, the man is like a younger version of T.O. and is still getting better, talent wise I would put him 3rd ONLY behind Fitz and A Johnson, the guy had like 20 friggin catches in 1 game last year with Orton throwing him the ball! Imagine him teaming up with an equally as young and talented QB like Sanchize, we'd have a great 1-2 punch for 7 to 10 years!

If we have to throw in a WR though I want to trade Braylon Edwards INSTEAD of J-Co. Cotchery is money in the playoffs on 3rd down with the game on the line, highly comparable to another Jets Great Wayne Chrebet.

Braylon is faster, taller and has more talent than Cotchery (also a year younger if I'm not mistaken) but give me Cotch. He already has better chemistry with Sanchez and is a bigtime playmaker when we need him the most. He just has more heart, more toughness, more determination and keeps his mouth shut, the perfect example of what a NY Jet should be.

In the end I would love Marshall to be a Jet, but not if we have to trade Cotchery when we can give them Braylon instead.[/QUOTE]

Megatron's on the other line wants to say what up!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=One Eye;3525223]From rotoworld: [url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=169816&id=3653[/url][/QUOTE]

Cotch would be the best slot WR in the league if they move him inside. You do not need to be the fastest on the field. You need to be able to catch the ball in traffic and run with it after you catch it. Both things that Cotch excels at. I do not want Marshall due to cost and baggage but moving Cotch to the slot is not a bad idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why in the world would they trade Edwards PLUS more for Marshall? I dint understand why some are saying that. He has a 1st and 3rd tender and now you wanna have him plus others to trade for one guy???

The only starters to trade with right now would be Bryan Thomas or Leon. Otherwise either give up the first round pick or do nothing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realize Rex doesn't care about off the field stuff for the most part, there isn't a standard he holds his players to the way Mangini was. Braylon Edwards, Bart Scott, and Antonio Cromartie probably wouldn't have passed Mangini's standard test. But there is no way Rex or Tannenbaum could possibly trade Cotchery for Brandon Marshall. There is no team in football that wouldn't want Cotchery. And Marshall just doesn't belong here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would assume the Edwards and possibly Gholston would be part of the deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way you give up Coth, a guy who has top 5 hands at WR, for a headcase like Marshall. Do you guys realize how good Cotch really is? The guy is money and keeps his mouth shout and just goes out there and works. I will pass on Marshall, unless we ship off Edwards instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3525219]If that list of players = Vernon Gholston + Kellen Clemens, sign me up[/QUOTE]

plus Woodhead plus E.Smith plus our 7th round pick...LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    leon washington and brad smith?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3525250]I don't know what the stab at Cotch was all about, he was nothing but clutch in our playoff run. I want marshall as I'm a total WR homer, but i don't want him at the cost of Cotch. i know that doesn't make sense, but Cotch is a soldier whose earned his stripes[/QUOTE]

I agree cheap shot by lombardi and totally baseless..cotch is a clutch performer..strictly business though marshall would be upgrade...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN Insider has an article on Jets Brandon Marshall rumor, has anyone read the article who might post it or summarize it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3525850]ESPN Insider has an article on Jets Brandon Marshall rumor, has anyone read the article who might post it or summarize it?[/QUOTE]

I don't have it, but I can tell you what it probably says. Just read the article posted in this thread.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards, Gholston and a late draft pick (for taking Gholston off our hands).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam_Schefter

[QUOTE]RT @judybattista: One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3526101]Adam_Schefter[/QUOTE]

good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3525364]I'd be against any move for that POS[/QUOTE]

Succint and on target. There is no combination of realistic players or draft picks that are worth trading for Marshall. LOL at the people who think Gholston would be part of any deal that didn't include a waterboy or some nose-bleed seats. Or that Denver would give up a receiver with two 20-catch games to take 2008's leader in dropped passes along with a backup RB coming off a leg injury and a mid-round pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3525850]ESPN Insider has an article on Jets Brandon Marshall rumor, has anyone read the article who might post it or summarize it?[/QUOTE]

Thats a sweet portrait of Nick Mangold in your sig.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3525250]I don't know what the stab at Cotch was all about, he was nothing but clutch in our playoff run. I want marshall as I'm a total WR homer, but i don't want him at the cost of Cotch. i know that doesn't make sense, but Cotch is a soldier whose earned his stripes[/QUOTE]

COTCH stays!!!

If he goes, I am ONE pi$$ed off mutha!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."

[url]http://twitter.com/judybattista[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3526126]One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."

[url]http://twitter.com/judybattista[/url][/QUOTE]

Scroll up ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's meant to be it's meant to be.
    In Tanny we trust.