Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Jets Interested in Brandon Marshall???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Report: Jets Interested in Brandon Marshall???

[QUOTE]2. I keep hearing from my Jets sources that they’re having internal discussions regarding Brandon Marshall and would love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html[/url]

WOW.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=One Eye;3525216][url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html[/url]

WOW.[/QUOTE]

If that list of players = Vernon Gholston + Kellen Cleemens, sign me up

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3525218]Y?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Rotoworld speculates that it represents how they feel about Cotch, but any real Jet fan knows Cotch is our best WR.

Maybe they are trying to get Sanchez some weapons. If this Jets O had a passing game to compliment the run and def, well, that gets us about 30 minutes further in mho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Lombardi says the Jets would "love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick." It's hard to see the Broncos giving up their petulant star without getting a top pick, but Marshall would be a nice fit opposite Braylon Edwards. This news also sheds some light on what the Jets think of Jerricho Cotchery. [/QUOTE]

From rotoworld: [url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=169816&id=3653[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As always, the devil is in the details. Would I want to take a chance on brandon Marshall? You bet. But at what cost? I don't see how the Jets can swing this without spending their first or giving up a couple of good players that will hurt us in other positions.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotch is a great player, but he is no where near the elite talent Marshall is. If that trade goes down I will be upset to see him leave and the fact that the Jets just added a headcase WR, but he would be an upgrade.

However, with this deep draft I dont think a second and Cotch are worth getting Marshall. The Jets need to upgrade the WR position, but they need to add someone in the slot not just replace one guy for another. The Jets would essentially be losing 2 starters by giving up a high draft pick...team needs more than Marshall.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about a leon and the 4th round pick for marshall swap.

if Lt signs with the jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3525219]If that list of players = Vernon Gholston + Kellen Cleemens, sign me up[/QUOTE]

That'll get it done easy. No doubt about it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be for it as long as the core is intact. No Mangold, Brick, DH, Revis obv, Keller, Greene. I'd hate for Cotch to go, I love this guy, but Cotch and a late 2 is nothing for another game-changer outside. Imagine the holes Greene, Leon, LT or whoever the Jets have with those weapons outside. Imagine the middle void for Keller to exploit. :yes::yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the stab at Cotch was all about, he was nothing but clutch in our playoff run. I want marshall as I'm a total WR homer, but i don't want him at the cost of Cotch. i know that doesn't make sense, but Cotch is a soldier whose earned his stripes
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-14-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure who we could trade that the Broncos would want. Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Kellen Clemens or one of the other backup QBs... It would need to be something like B.Thomas + Kellen Clemens + 4th rounder. That way they get someone who can start our of Thomas, take a looksy with Clemens and have a mid-round pick in a deep draft. I would not want to give up more than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't they keep all 3 WR and make the decision next year?

Imagine a single back, shotgun formation, LT or Leon in the backfield, Keller on the line, Edwards and Marshall on opposite sidelines, Cotch in the slot....Keller splits out to 4 WR.....Sanchez drops back, play action fake, he rolls out....

You are going to tell me someone is not open or at least in single coverage?

I don't see what draft picks are going to give us those options. I would use our whole draft, whats left of it, on defense then. CB, S, DT, DE, LB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3525250]I don't know what the stab at Cotch was all about, he was nothing but clutch in our playoff run. I want marshall as a total WR homer, but i don't want him at the cost of Cotch. i know that doesn't make sense, but Cotch is soldier whose earned his stripes[/QUOTE]

+111111111111

Agree completely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless we get some awesome deal, I can't see anything coming of this.

I hate when reports like this come out, always gets me excited.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3525219]If that list of players = Vernon Gholston + Kellen Cleemens, sign me up[/QUOTE]

Be a sport throw in Danny Woodhead and maybe we can get the deal done.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^
    Yeah he has always been clutch, which I think is overlooked sometimes.

Wouldn't trading Edwards and filler be considered the better deal for the Broncos?

I would be furious if Cotchery wasn't here next year because he epitomizes the character of this team: tough, hardworking and determined

What kind of locker room would we have when Marshall and Edwards begin pulling at Sanchez's ear to get them their respective numbers? Yes I realize how good he is, but I say its Edwards (+ pick) for Marshall or forget it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a -1,000,000% chance the Jets FO doesn't think the world of Cotchery. He might be the single most underrated WR in football. He has impeccable hands. Losing TJ, and then losing Cotchery would be awful for this offense. The guy is a 3rd down conversion machine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHY??

If we're willing to give up players/picks, then why the hell don't we put in an offer for a guy like Dumerville instead? You know, a guy who could actually help our inconsistent passrush.

I'm just not a big fan of receivers. Half of them are primadona's (Marshall being one of the biggest) and act like their the most essential part of the team, despite only touching the ball 4-5 times a game on average.

I really don't see the use in this. Yeah, Marshall is an incredibly talented player, but are we really willing to weaken other areas of the team to make a total luxury move? We don't need Marshall. Please don't try arguing that it's not a luxury signing. It is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn't completely shock me if Edwards was involved in this. The logic being that Tanny knows he's going to have to pay a WR eventually, and would rather pay Marshall then Edwards.

Still, probably highly unlikely that anything happens here.