Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Thank TJ in Full Page ad in KC Star

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3526100]No no no. They were not making a plug out in Kansas City for PSL's. The fine print is probably a general disclaimer.

Classy move, I like it.[/QUOTE]

I know that.

It just struck me as funny, though I was thinking more along the lines of TJ's availability- not PSL's.

I should have put an appropriate smiley in my original post. :D:P
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 03-15-2010 at 07:13 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This shows class by Woody, Mike T and our HC. This shows that even though this is a business, it's not a thankless business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classy move. Another reason to be proud of this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3525271]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:deadhorse
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 03-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreekMooMan;3525302]Not to pounce on you specifically SAR, but you are taking this thread which should be about TJ and this ad and derailing it into yet another Chad Pennington Bashing thread (btw, he hasn't been a Jet for over two years).

Nice move by the Jets FO. Its an even better move that we first here about it through a KC resident, and not through some NY news article, which to me would indicate the Jets PR machine in the works.[/QUOTE]

+1 - SAR c'mon ur better than that.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3525271]

SAR I[/QUOTE]LOL

SAR, how long are you going to grind this horse meat? :D
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 03-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;3526381]:deadhorse[/QUOTE]
    Damn, I was late again. :P

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DieHardJet;3526375]This shows class by Woody, Mike T and our HC. This shows that even though this is a business, it's not a thankless business.[/QUOTE]

It's a pleasure to root for a team that is classy. Ludos to the jets FO.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Classy move or pragmatic move?

Do we really believe that Woody and Tanny were being classy? Isn't more likely that they wanted to make a nice public gesture to TJ to improve morale in the locker room. Let's face it, a lot of the players were pissed off that they dumped such a strong leader who was coming off an amazing season. Some were quoted saying that they are disappointed that they would have to pursue the Super Bowl without him. For the small price of an ad in a Kansas City newspaper (how much could that cost?) they come off looking like "good guys and being called "classy" by all of you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder how carrie's ego is doing since he didnt get 1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=J.D.;3527706]Do we really believe that Woody and Tanny were being classy? Isn't more likely that they wanted to make a nice public gesture to TJ to improve morale in the locker room. Let's face it, a lot of the players were pissed off that they dumped such a strong leader who was coming off an amazing season. Some were quoted saying that they are disappointed that they would have to pursue the Super Bowl without him. For the small price of an ad in a Kansas City newspaper (how much could that cost?) they come off looking like "good guys and being called "classy" by all of you.[/QUOTE]

Stop reading PFT and then quoting it here. Florio is an idiot.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3527715]Stop reading PFT and then quoting it here. Florio is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what PFT is or who Florio is. That was just my take on it. I guess someone else had the same opinion.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=J.D.;3527706]Do we really believe that Woody and Tanny were being classy? Isn't more likely that they wanted to make a nice public gesture to TJ to improve morale in the locker room. Let's face it, a lot of the players were pissed off that they dumped such a strong leader who was coming off an amazing season. Some were quoted saying that they are disappointed that they would have to pursue the Super Bowl without him. For the small price of an ad in a Kansas City newspaper (how much could that cost?) they come off looking like "good guys and being called "classy" by all of you.[/QUOTE]

I think it was genuine. Of course, you're right though. :rolleyes:The lockerroom is all torn up about having LaDanian in there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3527710]i wonder how carrie's ego is doing since he didnt get 1[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr. Johnson,

The Arizona Republic can not print your ad at this time. Please see our content guidelines regarding the use of obscenities.