Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Going on with Jay Feely???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3525969]Atl, Jets lost 10-7 and he missed 3 makable kicks. Though one was a somewhat sh1tty hold.[/QUOTE]

Damn that was a bad game, and not just on Feelys part but all around.

Still like Feely though, everyone has a bad game here and there plus if he misses a FG in the playoffs I will be pissed but won't feel its from nerves as he has played pretty well in the past stepping up.

If the replacement is an upgrade I'm for it, if not then I want him back, the man is respected around the league not only as a kicker but a football player and is very tough for his position.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos on the apology to Weatherford Papz, sorry I doubted you.

As for Feely, I think he kind of owes the Jets in a way after he muffed those kicks in the ACCG. Not saying he should play for peanuts, but he should sure as hell be giving them the home team discount.

FTR, I like Weatherford, both as a player and a person.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3526003]Kudos on the apology to Weatherford Papz, sorry I doubted you.

As for Feely, I think he kind of owes the Jets in a way after he muffed those kicks in the ACCG. Not saying he should play for peanuts, but he should sure as hell be giving them the home team discount.

FTR, I like Weatherford, both as a player and a person.[/QUOTE]

Yah I don't wanna be known as an ignorant person or poster (even though at times my smart a** mouth can make me come off like that) but I give the man credit, I remember during the game he came running out to the sidelines because he wanted to play so bad, sucks that he probably felt guilty for something out of his control. Seems like he got better as the year progressed and hopefully everything works out for him.

Yah I was pissed and surprised a little Feely missed the 2 FGs in the AFCCG, especially the first one since we had a good drive but got nothing out of it. Overall he had a pretty good year, just hope him and the Jets can agree on a reasonable contract, I like to see him get another chance he just better make them this time!
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 03-15-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    as for the Folk/Feely situation -- the Jets don't really have an option but to buy some insurance.

Feely is an Unrestricted Free Agent and can go elsewhere if he gets an offer and the Jets can't do anything about it

So Folk is around if that happens. They will also bring in a street FA kicker for some competition. If Feely decides to stay, Folk will be the competition

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would kick a few more dollars to Feeley who was money all year. Including all of our games up until the last one.

But that is just me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a lot of negotiating cards since he is a UFA

I think he eventually will decide to stay. He got some local radio gigs at 1050 including his own Saturday morning show with Seth Everett from Florham Park and that probably is a strong inducement for Kicker looking for a post playing career

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    kickers are paid to make kicks. he didn't do it in the AFC Champ game, in a dome. see ya.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3526458]kickers are paid to make kicks. he didn't do it in the AFC Champ game, in a dome. see ya.[/QUOTE]

So why are they paying Folk? I don't see much of an upgrade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3526470]So why are they paying Folk? I don't see much of an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

True...Folk was a disaster last year. I guess its just insurance against Feeley going somewhere else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3525442]time to recognize Jay Feely isn't coming back.

and after his champ game performance, i dont mind.[/QUOTE]

damn! Then who is going to [I]punt[/I] for us? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3526470]So why are they paying Folk? I don't see much of an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

feely wants sabastian janikowski money. the Jets are going to let him see if he can get it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get the whole Feeley didn't produce in the AFC Championship argument, but I don't see a better option. Folk isn't as good and I don't want to go through the season like the Ravens did this past year after letting Stover walk. Hauschka was awful and Cundiff was almost as bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3526480]feely wants sabastian janikowski money. the Jets are going to let him see if he can get it.[/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case then I have no problem with it.

I was just thinking, based on performance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3526480]feely wants sabastian janikowski money. the Jets are going to let him see if he can get it.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. He deserves to get paid but not that much, I think he will end up staying with us once he finds out his market value.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3526486]Makes sense. He deserves to get paid but not that much, I think he will end up staying with us once he finds out his market value.[/QUOTE]

there were 2 kickers franchised this year, Jeff Reed and Olindo Mare...

the truth is his value is probably higher than what the Jets are willing to pay...

if some team signs him the Jets can get a real UFA like Sharper or someone else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3525442]time to recognize Jay Feely isn't coming back.

and after his champ game performance, i dont mind.[/QUOTE]
    judging a player based on one game? seems a bit hasty. i want feely back. folk stinks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3526688]judging a player based on one game? seems a bit hasty. i want feely back. folk stinks.[/QUOTE]
    I don't understand that either. Feely was money for us in all those other games including playoff games. Sounds to me like one missed kick and off with his head.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3526688]judging a player based on one game? seems a bit hasty. [/QUOTE]

it was the biggest Jets game for the last 12 years. Not just "one" game. Kickers are judged by their ability to make kicks in big situations, Feely is great most of the time but if he can't do it in clutch situations what is his value?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3526800]it was the biggest Jets game for the last 12 years. Not just "one" game. Kickers are judged by their ability to make kicks in big situations, Feely is great most of the time but if he can't do it in clutch situations what is his value?[/QUOTE]

We probably would not have been there in the first place if it was not for him during the regular season so a catch- 22!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;3526808]We probably would not have been there in the first place if it was not for him during the regular season so a catch- 22![/QUOTE]

i dunno... the Saints had a no name kid hit 3 huge kicks in the super bowl.. he wasnt even on any roster when the season started, now he has a ring.