Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats Going on with Jay Feely???

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3526800]it was the biggest Jets game for the last 12 years. Not just "one" game. Kickers are judged by their ability to make kicks in big situations, Feely is great most of the time but if he can't do it in clutch situations what is his value?[/QUOTE]
    no kicker makes every clutch kick. perfection is not part of any kicker. feely made clutch kicks in the playoffs for the jets, just not in the afccg. based on the final score it would not have mattered anyway.....

[QUOTE=Zombo;3527160] based on the final score it would not have mattered anyway.....[/QUOTE]

there is no way of knowing that. If he hits 2 FG maybe it's 23-30 at the end and Sanchez has a chance to tie. Maybe it's 20-6 at the half. We don't know the effect of missing kicks, except that it doesn't help the team win.

this wasn't the only bad game he also had a choke job against Atlanta.

I dont want the Jets to go through another 16 game season plus playoffs just to have it all ride on the foot of Jay feely. Sorry i've seen enough.

[QUOTE=Zombo;3527160]no kicker makes every clutch kick. [/QUOTE]

oh and by the way vinatieri made every clutch kick

and he did it in a snowstorm blizzard

there are guys that have ice water in their veins

and then there is jay feely missing makable kicks in a dome.

Veteran
    Kicking is a strange business, people come out of no where and perform like pro bowlers and then you have kickers who suddenly loose it. Nugent lost his job because he was hurt and Feely went on a hot streak.
    I say sign Nugent on as camp fodder and let them duke it out through training camp.

[QUOTE=Gangrene;3527384]Kicking is a strange business, people come out of no where and perform like pro bowlers and then you have kickers who suddenly loose it. [/QUOTE]

Reminds me of golf.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3527209]there is no way of knowing that. If he hits 2 FG maybe it's 23-30 at the end and Sanchez has a chance to tie. Maybe it's 20-6 at the half. We don't know the effect of missing kicks, except that it doesn't help the team win.

this wasn't the only bad game he also had a choke job against Atlanta.

I dont want the Jets to go through another 16 game season plus playoffs just to have it all ride on the foot of Jay feely. Sorry i've seen enough.[/QUOTE]
    let's just say for the sake of argument you're right. folk is a downgrade. folk routinely misses kicks. i see no one available that is better than feely. at this point i say sign feely anyway. if someone better comes along, then fine, but none of the kickers available are better.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3527220]oh and by the way vinatieri made every clutch kick

and he did it in a snowstorm blizzard

there are guys that have ice water in their veins

and then there is jay feely missing makable kicks in a dome.[/QUOTE]
    no. you just conveniently forget the ones vinatieri missed because he made many clutch kicks, but the guy has missed some too. no one is 100%.