View Poll Results: Are You Happy we signed LT?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

235 73.21%
  • NO

35 10.90%
  • Whatever

51 15.89%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DONE DEAL: Tomlinson Signs W/Jets (merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine that in the space of two years I'd see Braylon Edwards, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Brett Favre all in a Jets uniform!

Whether or not these acquisitions work out positively to varying degrees, you have to admit that Mike Tannenbaum is willing to do anything he thinks can improve this team!

Chargers fans have got to be scratching their heads over seeing Cromartie and LT in green.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3526229][B]Chester Taylor, 31 yrs old, Signed a 4 year $12.5 million contract with the Bears on March 5, 2010[/B]

Are there really Jet fans complaining about the team signing LT to a 2 yr deal for $5.1 million?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Wow...that cheap? Motherf*cker ay...In November when football starts mattering I'm going to be very excited to watch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetnut;3525838]This is a terrible move by the Jets. LT is done and was boo'd out of SD. If they go trade Leon now, we are staring at a 7-9 season. This was a PSL driven move and the fact that most of you are excited by it just shows how easily you are enamored by big names. At first the PSL's were driving the Jets to make good moves that made us better, but now they are sabotaging a team on the cusp of a championship to sell tickets. What a sad day!![/QUOTE]

+1. Hit the naill on the head. Very *ucking sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3526229][B]Chester Taylor, 31 yrs old, Signed a 4 year $12.5 million contract with the Bears on March 5, 2010[/B]

Are there really Jet fans complaining about the team signing LT to a 2 yr deal for $5.1 million?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Well, here's one:

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3526236]Hit the naill on the head. Very *ucking sad.[/QUOTE]

LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3526236]+1. Hit the naill on the head. Very *ucking sad.[/QUOTE]

Unless some team is willing to give up a second rounder, leon is going no where. Relax.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Really?[/QUOTE]

Their would be a riot at the Jets facility if that happened. Again, it's a great move.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ He'd get more carries here than in Minnesotta. We wouldn't be able to pull this kind of move off in '08 because we had Thomas Jones and LT was under contract with the Chargers still.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetnut;3525838]This is a terrible move by the Jets. LT is done and was boo'd out of SD. If they go trade Leon now, we are staring at a 7-9 season. This was a PSL driven move and the fact that most of you are excited by it just shows how easily you are enamored by big names. At first the PSL's were driving the Jets to make good moves that made us better, but now they are sabotaging a team on the cusp of a championship to sell tickets. What a sad day!![/QUOTE]

[B]Thomas Jones for $5M or LaDainian Tomlinson for $5.2M?[/B] No brainer in my mind. We made the better choice. If anything, you have to admit he's not worse than TJ. In fact, he hasn't had the benefit of the O-line TJ ran behind the past few years and LT is a much better pass catcher. For a 2-year deal to back up Greene, this is an excellent move IMO. Little risk here. If we signed him to a $15M deal expecting him to start I'd be hugely disappointed. But having a future HOF'er as a backup RB gives us experienced depth at the position and will provide a great mentor to Shonn Greene.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3525863][IMG]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/jetsgreene.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_images/fantasy/ladainian-tomlinson.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I hope to see this TD celebration alot at the new stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT HATES the PATS.........

this is going to be good. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3525864]To hear some of the haters around here that must be an imposter in the redzone

It can't be LT cause he's supposed to be completely washed up :dunno:[/QUOTE]

They're all 1-5 yard runs (with one exception). How many 20 yard runs did he break?

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3526333]They're all 1-5 yard runs (with one exception). How many 20 yard runs did he break?

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3525915][B][SIZE="7"]
    [B]LT IS A BACKUP!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]TO SAY THAT THE JETS WILL GO 7-9 BECAUSE OF A BACKUP IS ABSURD!!![/B][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]If Greene gets hurt and LT has to be our primary back, our season will be over!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DieHardJet;3526335]Hilarious[/QUOTE]

Truth

He doesn't scare anybody anymore. He's clearly lost a step or two.

His production last season could have been gotten from any mid round draft pick.

[B]He's here because of his name, nothing else.[/B]

If Greene goes down and we have to go into games with Leon and LT as our backs we're f*cked.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3526337][B][SIZE="6"]If Greene gets hurt and LT has to be our primary back, our season will be over!!!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Don't be so melodramatic...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3526345]Don't be so melodramatic...[/QUOTE]

The guy does have a valid point. The JETS FO knows that Shonne Greene is injury prone. They saw him go out in the most important game of the season, and the other few times throughout the reg season(minor-but still!!).

[SIZE="4"]So if #23 does go down lets say in game 3, which is very possible with his style of power running. We have LT as our #1 and Leon as our #2?!?!! That is not good. I don't care what any of you say. An O-line like this only comes around every few decades and your telling me our backups are 31yo on the decline and a 28yo coming back from a compound fracture?? [/SIZE]Our mindset should not be "It's ok we have an amazing line we could plug in a 31 yo. It should be lets draft the best RB (not necessarily the earliest pick...ex GERHART) in the draft for cheap and fatigue defenses by the first half! Lets maximize our utility!!

LT aint running anyone over or breaking any tackles. I'll tell you that right now.

Not to mention what TJ did in the playoffs. Imagine we're in the AFC champ game and greene goes down. We lose. LT isn't hitting the hole any harder.

If the Jets draft a Solid RB this whole post is moot and I am a happy camper. Until then, I just think its risky to have Greene go down (which I could see happening) and be left with LW and LT. I think the coaching staff wanted him more for his catch passing abilities but if Greene does go down he becomes our #1. Draft a Rb.
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 03-15-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Amsterdam Zephyr 50;3525789]where at in the rok you stationed airborne? Im up at casey with 2-9[/QUOTE]

I was stationed in Casey with 1-503rd INF when you were in diapers, now I am a civilian supporting troops at Area III. Love my job, I wish I was back in to teach (some) young punks to wear the pants right and be disciplined.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3526236]+1. Hit the naill on the head. Very *ucking sad.[/QUOTE]

good to see that at least fatman and fat head agree

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3526337][B][SIZE="6"]If Greene gets hurt and LT has to be our primary back, our season will be over!!!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Wow. This coming from a person who said that releasing Jones was the right move. So in essence, the ONLY chance the Jets had of having a winning season including a Greene injury was to draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round who was undeniably better than Tomlinson. Guess the entire season was hinging on the draft then...pretty scary.

The irony in this statement is that a Greene injury is pretty much the only one that DOESN'T mean the season will be over. If Sanchez gets hurt, our season will be over. If Revis gets hurt, our season will be over. If D'Brick gets hurt, our season will be over. How many years do running backs come off the scrap heap to produce big seasons? Pierre Thomas? Mike Anderson (Denver)? Jamal Charles? Willie Parker? I could go on and on, none of these players were marquee guys. Contrast that with the amount of players that have huge years as backup left tackles, or cornerbacks, or quarterbacks.

Listen, LT might not be great here. But these sky-is-falling posts about a backup RB remain insane. What other options did the Jets have? What backup running back was going to be light years better than LT and "save" the season if Greene goes down?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... 75% of jet fans are happy with this move ...

... funny how often and loudly the other 25% are trying to bad mouth it ...

... great move mikey t. ...

l_j_r