View Poll Results: Are You Happy we signed LT?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

235 73.21%
  • NO

35 10.90%
  • Whatever

51 15.89%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DONE DEAL: Tomlinson Signs W/Jets (merged)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hepcat09;3525775]I like that idea....might have to do the same and head over to Seau's for lunch...[/QUOTE]

Give me a call, I'll wear my Nate Kaeding Jets jersey.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    great the NY geriatrics! :shakehead

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LB54;3525801]Awesome i really love this signing!!
    But i guess that means Leon Washington is a goner.. :(
    We wont carry LT, Greene and Washington on our roster.[/QUOTE]

why not? Greene and Washington are at bargain prices. LT is ideal to round out this rushing attack for the next 2 yrs. Hell be 31 this season. 2 years is perfect.
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-14-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3525796]I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is a bad move.[/QUOTE]

I think with all due respect that you're wrong. He is a 3rd down terror catching passes and has a nose for the end zone. Also, provides more options (and confidence) for Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lorwood;3525816]great the NY geriatrics! :shakehead[/QUOTE]

HuH? :huh:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lorwood;3525816]great the NY geriatrics! :shakehead[/QUOTE]

Not funny nor true, bad attempt at sarcasim:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT salary: 2 yrs, $5.2 mil, according to source. Can escate to $5.7 mil. He got slightly more than Thomas Jones from KC.

[url]http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaDainian to Gang Green......Shawn Greene learning from Thomas Jones to LaDainian....priceless

[url]http://twitter.com/damienwoody[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3525826]LT salary: 2 yrs, $5.2 mil, according to source. Can escate to $5.7 mil. He got slightly more than Thomas Jones from KC.

[url]http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream[/url][/QUOTE]

so instead of TJ's 5.8 with the salary and bonus for this year it'll be closer to 2.6?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, it's a good pickup. Fresh start, fresh legs (not carrying the load), chip on the shoulder, great O-line, great locker room, no pressure on his shoulders to bring the Lombardi all by himself...

We are going to like the results.

:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3525799]Already been beaten to death in the other thread.

Emmitt Smith was 34 at the time he went to Arizona.

LT will be 31 next year, or you know, a year younger then that RB we just let go of.

Both Emmitt and that RB we let go of last year had seasons with over 1,200 yards and 4 YPC at Age 31.

Nevermind, that those guys were asked to carry the load for their teams. LT will be a BACKUP here.[/QUOTE]

The age doesn't matter. The production does. Emmit broke down in Dallas, and got a nice payday in Arizona because the Cards were willing to pay for a big name rather than a player.

This LT signing is no different. Just because he broke down sooner, or that he'll be a backup doesn't change anything. A washed up RB is a washed up RB.

As I've said before, if we'd signed another RB with LT's stats nobody on here would be going crazy. It's the name that's got everybody celebrating.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 03-14-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe we'll get a cool Nike commercial with LT in Jet green

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3525832]maybe we'll get a cool Nike commercial with LT in Jet green[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Those will be going to guys like Chris Johnson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a terrible move by the Jets. LT is done and was boo'd out of SD. If they go trade Leon now, we are staring at a 7-9 season. This was a PSL driven move and the fact that most of you are excited by it just shows how easily you are enamored by big names. At first the PSL's were driving the Jets to make good moves that made us better, but now they are sabotaging a team on the cusp of a championship to sell tickets. What a sad day!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3525809]As opposed to us carrying TJ, Greene, and Washington on our roster last year?

Depth is a good thing, the Jets aren't stupid enough to just give away Leon. If someone wants to give him a mega-deal and give us a 2nd round pick. That's one thing, but he's not going to be on the trade block for less. No chance in hell of that.[/QUOTE]

+1
    3 Running Backs with 3 different styles, splitting carries. Ordinarily you carry 5 backs on your roster, Shonn Greene is the only true Power Back. I don't know if Richardson will be back at FB, but I can see a FB that doubles as a Power Back (ie. McClain of Baltimore ).It can be argued that you need another Power Back in Ground & Pound. LT will get 10-15 carries a game, he will be a slot receiver, he will be part of the wildcat, he will make plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT,

As recent as a few weeks ago I hated you. Sorry.

Im glad your a Jet now. Go show us the slide......endzone,slide,slide.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetnut;3525838]This is a terrible move by the Jets. LT is done and was boo'd out of SD. If they go trade Leon now, we are staring at a 7-9 season. This was a PSL driven move and the fact that most of you are excited by it just shows how easily you are enamored by big names. At first the PSL's were driving the Jets to make good moves that made us better, but now they are sabotaging a team on the cusp of a championship to sell tickets. What a sad day!![/QUOTE]

Please explain why you think they are now trading Leon?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetOrange;3525839]+1
    3 Running Backs with 3 different styles, splitting carries. Ordinarily you carry 5 backs on your roster, Shonn Greene is the only true Power Back. I don't know if Richardson will be back at FB, but I can see a FB that doubles as a Power Back (ie. McClain of Baltimore ).[B]It can be argued that you need another Power Back in Ground & Pound.[/B] LT will get 10-15 carries a game, he will be a slot receiver, he will be part of the wildcat, he will make plays.[/QUOTE]

If they can accomplish that, then I'm not totally against this move. Until then I hate it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they turned jones into a veteran rb who can catch. leon is probably staying as they have no replacement for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great move the Jets now have great depth at RB and this should free them up to go all defense in the draft. a FS, DE, NT, CB. really go out on defense. If the Jets didnt get LT they would be forced to draft a RB, Now they dont have too they can go defense maybe draft a WR for the slot. This puts them in a good position depth wise.