View Poll Results: Are You Happy we signed LT?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

235 73.21%
  • NO

35 10.90%
  • Whatever

51 15.89%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DONE DEAL: Tomlinson Signs W/Jets (merged)

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3525768]now trade for marshall but don't trade cotch or harris tanny[/QUOTE]

Harris isn't going anywhere

[QUOTE=LeonTheCat;3525780]Agreed.

Him and B Smith now add interesting options in the Wildcat.[/QUOTE]

No. I don't ever want to see the Wildfail..If we see it that means [B]mark [/B]is not doing his job.

Lowery was #25 in college, now that Rhodes is gone I'm sure he'll have no issue going back to that number freeing up #21, heck he may of had it planned to go back to #25 before this.

Veteran
    LaDainian Tomlinson is a Jet. About 5 years ago I would have been running around like a mad man cause I would have been so happy by this news. Right now, kind of happy. Tomlinson is a shadow of his former self, but maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle with him. After cutting ties with Jones another running back to go along with Greene was a need.

[QUOTE=revisjets;3525791]No. I don't ever want to see the Wildfail..If we see it that means [B]mark [/B]is not doing his job.[/QUOTE]

Wildfail??? Brad Smith had a ton of big plays out of it late last season, including the playoffs......it doesn't mean Sanchez isn't doing his job either, get a clue

Banned
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is a bad move.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3525776][IMG]http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0808/icons.at.end.of.the.road/images/emmitt-smith.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Already been beaten to death in the other thread.

Emmitt Smith was 34 at the time he went to Arizona.

LT will be 31 next year, or you know, a year younger then that RB we just let go of.

Both Emmitt and that RB we let go of last year had seasons with over 1,200 yards and 4 YPC at Age 31.

Nevermind, that those guys were asked to carry the load for their teams. LT will be a BACKUP here. That alone makes the whole situation Apples and Oranges.

everyone who thought LT is washed up is going to have to eat their words...ive watched SD games and their OL was ****...i also watched Jet games :) and TJ ran through holes the size of grand canyon. if anyone thinks otherwise i am willing to put up 50 bucks that says LT has a better YPC then TJ did this year.

Another aspect people overlook is that TJ couldn't catch a cold....LT will give Sanchez a safety blanket and allow Keller run more deep routes instead of staying in all the time. Either way, we still need a safety...but our DB's and RB's are way better now then they were last year.

Awesome i really love this signing!!
    But i guess that means Leon Washington is a goner.. :(
    We wont carry LT, Greene and Washington on our roster.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3525799]Already been beaten to death in the other thread.

LT will be 31 next year, or you know, a year younger then that RB we just let go of.

Both Emmitt and that RB we let go of last year had seasons with over 1,200 yards and 4 YPC at Age 31.

Nevermind, that those guys were asked to carry the load for their teams. LT will be a BACKUP here.[/QUOTE]

That's the definition of a shutdown post.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3525796]I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is a bad move.[/QUOTE]

For all the chicken littles out there that have this opinion, even if LT doesn't work out, they STILL needed to address the roster spot, and depth at the position, and they did it with one of the best who can still play, and is only 30 yrs old, it didn't cost them a draft pick, and it's only a 2 year deal. Now the Jets can focus on other areas in FA and in the draft. For the role he will play, how the HELL can this be a "bad move?"

A move that doesn't work out, but a bad move? How?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-14-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Since we are posting pics of guys who had short stints with a team other than the one they are most closely associated with, I submit what I believe is a better comparison of LT with the Jets:

[IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6312/ottisanderson.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=LB54;3525801]Awesome i really love this signing!!
    We wont carry LT, Greene and Washington on our roster.[/QUOTE]

Um why not, a similar RB corps took the 07 Giants to a superbowl.
    :confused:

Jesus H, why t he hell not?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3525799]Already been beaten to death in the other thread.

Nevermind, that those guys were asked to carry the load for their teams. LT will be a BACKUP here.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have the energy to go down this road again. Glad you did though, I am sick of the naysayers, don't even know why they are Jets fans when all they want to do is rip every single move, especially without merit. Thats all I am going to say....

As opposed to us carrying TJ, Greene, and Washington on our roster last year?

Depth is a good thing, the Jets aren't stupid enough to just give away Leon. If someone wants to give him a mega-deal and give us a 2nd round pick. That's one thing, but he's not going to be on the trade block for less. No chance in hell of that.

:huh: Why not?

Didn't the Jets carry TJ, Greene and Leon last year?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff222/ltomlinson_sd/ladainiantomlinson4.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome LT!

SAR I

every interview i heart with Tanny he said they want as many RB's as they can get...they will carry all 3 and maybe another one!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3525729]Per Adam Schefter[/QUOTE]

I am happy with this one...I think he has at least another 2 years left in him...but I also wish we could sign Leon...let Green and LT split the carries and bring Leon in on 3rd down and more...I would also like to see sets with both LT and Leon.....