View Poll Results: Are You Happy we signed LT?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

235 73.21%
  • NO

35 10.90%
  • Whatever

51 15.89%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: DONE DEAL: Tomlinson Signs W/Jets (merged)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3528810]it appears that everyone but Joe W Namath is wrong on this issue[/QUOTE]

no one is "wrong" unless we can see the future? can we?

Hall Of Fame
    well I see LT as worth the gamble, some do not. it's the same argument so let's just wait in see. I'll be glancing at newyorkjets.com and check to make sure we really just signed LT! Young or old, it makes no difference. LaDanian Tomlinson won me a fantasy championship in 2003, sometimes you catch LighTening in a bottle. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3528814]That's not what I'm saying at all but thanks for putting words in my mouth. :rolleyes: I love sarcasm but get it right.

LT was as done as burnt toast last year and a team that is going to compete for a SB with no running game options cut him. The Jets seem to think Jones is done and cut him. Both moves that I can't argue with.

I'm comfortable with the Jets taking an insurance policy with a washed up Vet (per the SD Chargers staff) especially since he is replacing washed up vet (Per the Jets Staff). I and I presume you and every Jets fan would outright love it if we picked someone up in the draft or if we picked up a late cut that proved they deserved a spot on the roster and allowed us to cut LT becuase it would mean we actually upgraded the postition.

Don't presume LT was signed for any reason other than as insurance. Teams carry 3rd and 4th string backs for a variety of reasons including the NY Jets. This move is about the Jets having options in the draft and with Leon. It doesn't mean they think LT has it in him to be a big contributor. They might but they might not.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty on target, although I would say I'm just a tad more optimistic than you that LT will be better than the past two years by a good margin.... say around 4 ypc about 750-800 yards rushing and another 300 or so receiving. If he does that, he'll be worth the price of admission, particularly the receiving line. My gut tells me that LT has more in the tank than he appeared over the last couple of years and plenty of desire to go out with a bang. He's still got much better cuts than Jones and better vision. The long distance legs are definitely not there.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3528814]That's not what I'm saying at all but thanks for putting words in my mouth. :rolleyes: I love sarcasm but get it right.
    [/QUOTE]

"The best thing that could happen is we get lucky with a late round pick or a late TC cut that allows us to cut Tomlinson and move on"

You'll excuse me if I don't think LT "sucking" and getting cut in TC = us being "lucky":rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3529113]Ordinarily I would agree, but I did a secret coin toss and as it turns out SG3 is right and LT is primed for a big season[/QUOTE]

well as long as you followed the rulesm while we're at it, let's flip for head of officiating, Heads it's bellichick tails it's bellichick.

Hall Of Fame
    indeed, live by the lie that's how it goes.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d816fd24a/Jets-run-game"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d816fd24a/Jets-run-game[/URL]

This is a nice little video from the NFL network they explain the why the Jets OLine is so good and why Tomlinson can have a very good year with the Jets next season.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3529377][URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d816fd24a/Jets-run-game"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d816fd24a/Jets-run-game[/URL]

This is a nice little video from the NFL network they explain the why the Jets OLine is so good and why Tomlinson can have a very good year with the Jets next season.[/QUOTE]

That was great except and has me fired up for the season. The video showed at least one hole that was huge and TJ looked looked like he could have gotten 20 or more yards and and instead he went for about 7 or 8 because he took the wrong angle and practically ran into his own blockers. I remember Phil Simms pointing that out during the season that Jones had a habit of running into the back of his blockers.

The bottom line is while I don't expect LT to run for 1400 yards, I do think he will bust some pretty nice runs behind our line and make us a much more dangerous offense. Not gonna even mention his pass catching ability...

Jets Insider VIP
    it was annoying to watch Thomas Two Yards run blindly into tacklers twice when there was a hole big enough to drive Kris Jenkins through but thankfully that nightmare is over

I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet but I personally think this signing is like signing a third WR and having the ability to line him up everywhere like the saints do with Reggie Bush, we have two good running back with green and Washington and now a wr/rb with LT, and leaving screens to Washington and power running to green, and catches out the backfield to LT