Thread: Full Jets 7-round draft W/comments

Veteran

Full Jets 7-round draft W/comments

I can see the Jets being super aggressive if Brandon Graham of Michigan falls to say pick #21 with the Bengals. I don't see anyway he gets by the Pats at #22 so if he falls they would have to get in front of them to have a shot.

These are the players I really like for us at #29. Brandon Graham OLB/DE Mich / Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn.St / Brian Price DT UCLA / Kyle Wilson CB Boise St. / Devin McCourty CB Rutgers / Patrick Robinson CB FSU / Golden Tate WR ND.

ROUND #1. JARED ODRICK DE PENN ST. 6'5 300LBS. I see a chance Odrick might go to the Pats or Bolts in front of us. He is the perfect fit for a DE in the 3-4 front. I really like him for the Jets because he is quick off the snap and brings more pass rush ability to the DE spot than Devito,Pitoitua or Douglas did. We are in need of another starting DE. Odrick can play inside as well which is a plus as Ryan goes with the 46 and other fronts that use four down lineman from time to time.

(SHOCKER FIRST ROUND PICK FOR JETS)- MIKE IUPATI OL IDAHO - SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB MISSOURI

ROUND #2. One of the CB's I like could slip to us(WILSON,McCOURTY,ROBINSON)because it is such a deep draft. But I have another guy who I really like that might be there for us at #61.
    JEROME MURPHY CB SO.FLORIDA 6'0 191LBS. Love this kids toughness. Will come up and hit with the best of 'em. Has the quicks to match up with the slot and long speed to play man. Should be a stand out on special teams from day one.

(OTHER CHOICE- ARTHUR JONES DE SYRACUSE

ROUND #4. ANDRE ROBERTS WR THE CITADEL 5'10 192LBS. Quick kid who runs in the 4.4s.Goes up and attacks the football. Can also return punts. With his quicks could get a chance to start in the slot.

ROUND #5. PERRY RILEY ILB LSU 6'0 237LBS. Tough thumper for LSU. Played inside and outside. Good tackler who really comes down hill to make plays. The Jets need a young MLB to step up behind Scott and Harris.

ROUND #6. TRINDON HOLLIDAY WR/RB/RS LSU 5'5 165LBS. I know the kid is 5'5 but I don't care. This kid is as quick and fast as any player on the field. He plays much bigger than his size and does not shy away from contact. With Leon Washington's status with the team up in the air Holliday will give us the explosive return ability we could lose if Leon moves on or is not the same after the injury. I would give this guy a shot to catch some balls out of the slot.

ROUND #7. NOLAN CARROLL CB MARYLAND 5'11 204LBS. Another CB for Rex to play with. Could fall because of a busted leg early in the season. Has quicks and could push Drew Coleman.

Some Undrafted players we bring in-
    JOSH HULL ILB PENN ST. The other LB from Penn St.
    DARIAN STEWART SS So.Caro
    DENNIS LANDOLT OT PENN.ST
    REGGIE CARTER ILB UCLA
    JAVARRIS JAMES RB MIAMI
    VAN ESKRIDGE FS E.CARO

Let me know what you guys think.:jets_bobb

[QUOTE=VERMONT JET;3525919]

ROUND #6. TRINDON HOLLIDAY WR/RB/RS LSU 5'5 165LBS. I know the kid is 5'5 but I don't care. This kid is as quick and fast as any player on the field. He plays much bigger than his size and does not shy away from contact. With Leon Washington's status with the team up in the air Holliday will give us the explosive return ability we could lose if Leon moves on or is not the same after the injury. I would give this guy a shot to catch some balls out of the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Darren Sproles is only 5'6 and he is a pretty good player, Holiday sounds like a great chance of pace screen player, sounds good for special teams punt and kick returner

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetsFan 51;3526025]Hey Darren Sproles is only 5'6 and he is a pretty good player, Holiday sounds like a great chance of pace screen player, sounds good for special teams punt and kick returner[/QUOTE]

Yeah man I really like the guy and think he could be a special player.

All Pro
    i heard roberts got owned quite a bit when he went up against some real competition.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3526663]i heard roberts got owned quite a bit when he went up against some real competition.[/QUOTE]

Just some quick stats I found-

VS Clemson '08- 9 catches 153 yards 1TD
    VS Florida '08- 6 catches 55 yards

VS N.Carolina '09- 10 catches

[QUOTE=VERMONT JET;3525919]I can see the Jets being super aggressive if Brandon Graham of Michigan falls to say pick #21 with the Bengals. I don't see anyway he gets by the Pats at #22 so if he falls they would have to get in front of them to have a shot.

These are the players I really like for us at #29. Brandon Graham OLB/DE Mich / Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn.St / Brian Price DT UCLA / Kyle Wilson CB Boise St. / Devin McCourty CB Rutgers / Patrick Robinson CB FSU / Golden Tate WR ND.

ROUND #1. JARED ODRICK DE PENN ST. 6'5 300LBS. I see a chance Odrick might go to the Pats or Bolts in front of us. He is the perfect fit for a DE in the 3-4 front. I really like him for the Jets because he is quick off the snap and brings more pass rush ability to the DE spot than Devito,Pitoitua or Douglas did. We are in need of another starting DE. Odrick can play inside as well which is a plus as Ryan goes with the 46 and other fronts that use four down lineman from time to time.

(SHOCKER FIRST ROUND PICK FOR JETS)- MIKE IUPATI OL IDAHO - SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB MISSOURI

ROUND #2. One of the CB's I like could slip to us(WILSON,McCOURTY,ROBINSON)because it is such a deep draft. But I have another guy who I really like that might be there for us at #61.
    JEROME MURPHY CB SO.FLORIDA 6'0 191LBS. Love this kids toughness. Will come up and hit with the best of 'em. Has the quicks to match up with the slot and long speed to play man. Should be a stand out on special teams from day one.

(OTHER CHOICE- ARTHUR JONES DE SYRACUSE

ROUND #4. ANDRE ROBERTS WR THE CITADEL 5'10 192LBS. Quick kid who runs in the 4.4s.Goes up and attacks the football. Can also return punts. With his quicks could get a chance to start in the slot.

ROUND #5. PERRY RILEY ILB LSU 6'0 237LBS. Tough thumper for LSU. Played inside and outside. Good tackler who really comes down hill to make plays. The Jets need a young MLB to step up behind Scott and Harris.

ROUND #7. NOLAN CARROLL CB MARYLAND 5'11 204LBS. Another CB for Rex to play with. Could fall because of a busted leg early in the season. Has quicks and could push Drew Coleman.

Some Undrafted players we bring in-
    JOSH HULL ILB PENN ST. The other LB from Penn St.
    DARIAN STEWART SS So.Caro
    DENNIS LANDOLT OT PENN.ST
    REGGIE CARTER ILB UCLA
    JAVARRIS JAMES RB MIAMI
    VAN ESKRIDGE FS E.CARO

Let me know what you guys think.:jets_bobb[/QUOTE]

I love the Odrick, Murphy and Roberts picks!!! I also like Carroll from Maryland CB.;)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3526901]I love the Odrick, Murphy and Roberts picks!!! I also like Carroll from Maryland CB.;)[/QUOTE]

I really think Odrick can be a player from day one. Kind of like Ellis was as a rookie(8.5 sacks I think).

Veteran
    Looking for a little more feedback boys. If you think it sucks let me know. Need to pick some other draftnuts brains.:gossip::poke:

Odrick , very sound & safe pick.Jerome Murphy is a revelation, I think it is an outsanding pick. Murphy will start immediatly at Nickel and play all specials. The reason I'm so excited about this pick is that it is a great alternative to McCourty , who will not make it into the late second round.
    Roberts is great for the slot,and the 4th round IMO is where the guy is gonna go. But with this 4th round pick, I'm looking at Safety,OLB,RB and even a second CB. Riley is another outstanding pick, I think you have sent all of us to do a little research on this guy, he is just a solid thumping ILB. ILBs fall but guys like Chaney and Angerer may be gone by the 4th, Riley is an excellent alternative that fills an important need.

All Pro
    Is weathspoon a rush olb in the 3-4? I know he is projected for the 4-3. His personality would fit our defense perfectly, I love his interviews.