Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about leon?

What about leon?

Now that LT is in the fold, will we bring Leon back carefully and slowly? Is he going to alternate with SG and LT? Is he going to be dealt?

Really hoping he's not dealt, I think he's got a mighty fine future ahead of him, still.

I have no sympathy for Leon. Tanny offered him a great contract at more than he was worth and he was/is being a first class assh0le.

Either a team blows him away with an offer, or he's back here next year.

We're not going to be looking to deal him.

He's 28 coming off a bad leg break. Although it's possible he'll come back at full strength, we'd be getting a pretty good deal for a 2nd rounder.

[QUOTE=beanball;3526203]Now that LT is in the fold, will we bring Leon back carefully and slowly? Is he going to alternate with SG and LT? Is he going to be dealt?

Really hoping he's not dealt, I think he's got a mighty fine future ahead of him, still.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to comeback if I was Leon, I know that.

I love Leon but his agent is proving to be impossible to work with. I would take a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. Fine with him coming back too though if there are no takers.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3526221]I love Leon but his agent is proving to be impossible to work with. I would take a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. Fine with him coming back too though if there are no takers.[/QUOTE]

I would even take a 3rd.

No one is giving up a good pick and good money for him. He'll be a Jet unless some team is just a huge moron.

It's too bad Leon's agent screwed him over not taking that deal last year.

I'm kind of curious to how they'd use Leon now. Didn't an article state that LT would substitute Greene on passing downs and certain 3rd down situations? Sooooo where exactly does Leon's role come in? After he is fully back and 100% healthy...are they going to go back to having him on PR/KR and a few touches on offense?

What about him? He's still on the team.

Greene - 15 carries
    LT - 10 carries + whatever receptions
    Washington - 5-10 carries + whatever receptions + kick returns

Leon will be our punt/kick returner again like he used to be. I imagine occasionally he'll get in on the offense too though.

Looks like most of us have forgotten how explosive he was just 2 seasons ago.

[QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3526255]Looks like most of us have forgotten how explosive he was just 2 seasons ago.[/QUOTE]

When he scored a whole 8 touchdowns????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3526255]Looks like most of us have forgotten how explosive he was just 2 seasons ago.[/QUOTE]

Or how many cried that the season was now officially over the day he went down with the broken leg? :yes:

His main impact will be on kick and punt returns. His touches will be very limited on offense

[QUOTE=hendu24;3526262]When he scored a whole 8 touchdowns????[/QUOTE]

Are you for real? 8 tds is alot for how many time Leon touched the ball!!!!!!

I don't get all the Leon hate. He has a bad agent. Leon is still a good guy and a hard worker. I think he'll be back in a big way for the JETS.

Jets Insider VIP
    hopefully he fires that dumbclown Alvin and comes to his senses

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... he will be on our team ...

... there will be less urgency to hurry him back ...

... once he comes back he will have the same role he did the 1st 1/2 of last year ...

... we will be lucky and a better team having him in the fold ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hendu24;3526262]When he scored a whole 8 touchdowns????[/QUOTE]

Actually it was 9 TDs. If you look at how few touchs he had, thats amazing production.

Now that LT is in the fold, what exactly is Leon Washingtons role?

Leon was ineffective early in the season on kickoffs due to the change in the rules.

Leon is 28 years old, coming off a devastating leg injury, if a team comes a calling offering a 2nd round pick, you take it & run.

Think of it this way:
    Running backs available from 2-4th round
    Maybe Jahvid Best?
    Ryan Mathews
    Jonathon Dwyer
    Toby Gerhart
    Dexter McCluster
    Montario Hardesty
    Ben Tate
    Joe McKnight
    Lagarette Blount
    Chris Brown
    Andre Dixon

Don't get me wrong, I love Leon! no homo! But:
    His agents an *ss! & now he's trying to make the Jets look like jerks because they tendered him a 2nd round pick. This after this SCHMO turned down a very good contract that Tanny put together by getting greedy. A contract that Leon Washington will NEVER see written again by the Jets mind you.

Here's the bottom line: Jets went to the AFCCG with Leon watching the game. Could we have used him? sure, but if we can get a 2nd & trade back to recoup our 3rd round pick, we would be the envy of the draft my friends.

While the Pats are drafting for STARTERS! Jets are plucking BAP options with EVERYONE OF THEIR PICKS! for depth & future plug ins. I would miss Leon, but it really would be for the betterment of the organization to move him now if possible.
    * While everyones reacting to my post, remember this, IF no one TRIES to sign Leon, it proves my theory because if Leon was tendered a 2nd round pick after 2008, he would be gone so fast your head would spin.