Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Francesa the Pompous...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Francesa the Pompous...

I know it's all been said before about this guy's anti-Jet bias.
    Just couldn't resist watching his show to see his take on LT.
    God forbid Jet fans should be a little excited about this signing, especially since other elite teams (NO, Minn) were competing for this guy.
    Francesa called the signing "a terrible football move," "can't understand why the Jets would make this bad move," "LT has absolutely nothing left, he's shot," etc.
    Of course, he fails to mention that TJ also looked shot against the Colts, when Greene went out, the running game disappeared.
    Francesa also put his two cents in on the new stadium controversy, about whether Jets or Gints will open the stadium.
    "Jets think there will be a coin toss to decide it," "our understanding is the Giants will open the stadium, "no comment from the Giants or the NFL..."
    Where did he get "the understanding that the Giants were opening the stadium" from?
    His own rooting interest because he is a Giant fan?
    Why doesn't he just admit he is a biased pompous ass already.
    He has no credibility left...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3526247]I know it's all been said before about this guy's anti-Jet bias.
    God forbid Jet fans should be a little excited about this signing, especially since other elite teams (NO, Minn) were competing for this guy.
    Francesa called the signing "a terrible football move," "can't understand why the Jets would make this bad move," "LT has absolutely nothing left, he's shot," etc.
    Of course, he fails to mention that TJ also looked shot against the Colts, when Greene went out, the running game disappeared.
    Francesa also put his two cents in on the new stadium controversy, about whether Jets or Gints will open the stadium.
    "Jets think there will be a coin toss to decide it," "our understanding is the Giants will open the stadium, "no comment from the Giants or the NFL..."
    Where did he get "the understanding that the Giants were opening the stadium" from?
    He has no credibility left...[/QUOTE]

He has to say "our understanding is..." because he already guaranteed the Giants would open the stadium, based on absolutely nothing.

He's an ass, and wrong on so many things.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3526247]I know it's all been said before about this guy's anti-Jet bias.

Are you mad because he's Francessa or because he doesn't like the move? Because there aren't too many broadcasters who love the signing.

And that Jones may be over the hill, how does that make a bad signing better? If you think that LT is over the hill, where is it written in the NFL that you have to replace an over the hill player with another.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its in the best interest of everyone that this joke of a sports personality is never mentioned again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't Francesa have his own official thread for all things Francesa related? Why isn't this in there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, he loved the Cromartie trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously

why does anyone listen to this fat turd or even worse force themselves to watch his 85 pound fat head on a television screen?

has to be masochism

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francesca is a pompous inflated bore, but I'm not surprised at his comments on LT. In fairness, he was saying exactly the same thing last year when LT was a Charger... his legs were gone; he's shot... running backs don't last long in this league, etc. It's a fair point. I think LT will be better than Francesca expects, but I don't think he'll be the LT of a few years ago either. 4 ypc will be a reasonable expectation behinda better O-line....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]God forbid Jet fans should be a little excited about this signing, especially since other elite teams (NO, Minn) were competing for this guy.[/B]

Definitely a good point about NO and Minn. The Super Bowl champs wanted him over Pierre Thomas. Another NFC Champ game team wanted him as well. It's not like the Jets were alone in wanting the guy....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, who cares which team opens the new stadium. Especially since the Jets will be the [I]only[/I] team playing there in mid to late January.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like this move either. LT had a horrible year last year and will be one year older. How can you think this was a good move? Tanny could have found a back late in the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    LT has stunk for two years in a row now, on a good football team. Francesa is right. TJ has been a better back the last two seasons, and could've re-signed him for basically the same money. This signing stinks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3526403]I dont like this move either. LT had a horrible year last year and will be one year older. How can you think this was a good move? Tanny could have found a back late in the draft.[/QUOTE]

So a back late in the draft is equal to LT? I don't think so.

Call this signing what you want, but I can't understand knocking it. This is not like the JEts signed LT to start. He provides a versatile veteran presence, and does one thing WAY WAY WAY better than TJ....

GOAL LINE CARRIES.

This is similar to Marcus Allen coming to the chiefs. I don't think there is STILL a better back in the league near the goal line.

Greene and LWash will dominate b/t the 20's, and LT will provide 3rd down, tough yards, and goal line carries.

He is also a great goal line back cause he is a constant threat to run, and throw.

TJ was our starting back. Those days came to an end when Greene emerged. TJ is now backing up Jamal Charles. It's not like he is starting somewhere. THese backs are of equal value, depending on your need. If you need a 'Greene' type of back, TJ is your man. If you need a Goaline, 3rd down, demon, LT is the guy.

I think this signing has actually been UNDERRATED. Now the Jets don't need a back in the draft, have more options inside the 20, and can concentrate their draft on BPAs to help the team.

my new mock....

1. Damian Williams WR
    2. Cam Thomas DT
    4. Kyle Calloway OT
    5. Kurt Coleman S
    6. Rashawn Jackson FB
    7. W. Mcfadden CB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to kill him for the LT comments (I'm on the fence on the move myself and just hoping it works out).

The stadium and opener comments are getting me and seem to go back to him acting like a complete a**h*** in January. I'm going to write up a letter today that I'm going to email to the NFL (like anybody's going to read it lol) and I'll post it on the board, but the only argument that the Giants have IMO about them opening the stadium is that they didn't close out the old stadium. That being said, when the NFL made the schedule last year, I am convinced they figured the Giants would host a playoff game and would have hosted the last game (the Jets should not get punished because it didn't work out that way).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's right. It is a horrible football move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3526403]I dont like this move either. LT had a horrible year last year and will be one year older. How can you think this was a good move? Tanny could have found a back late in the draft.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I understand the need for a pass catching threat out of the backfield with Leon's status uncertain but I hope this is not the only plan for addressing the position. I hope the Jets decide to take a back in the 3rd or 4th round. If Greene goes down with injury the Jets are in some trouble.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they signed tomlinson for short money and all he needs to do is be involved in 10-15 plays per game. unless greene goes down, he won't be in there much. same thing if jones stayed and tomlinson is a better receiver coming out of the backfield (that is if sch#tty ever finds a screen pass).

tomlinson's better days may be behind him but he will be running for a run first offense behind a good oline and should still be productive.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see what the media is going off on since both Jones and Tomlinson are pretty much done. The advantage I can see with Tomlinson is he can catch the ball out of the backfield and this presents somewhat of a different element while Greene and Jones are pretty much the same style of back. So when Tomlinson spots Greene he presents a run/pass option that should help his productivity. I don't believe Jones could provide that.

Let's hope the Jets keep Leon and he is healthy and able to fill that 3rd down role he does so well. To me that's really the key since the idea of using Tomlinson a significant amount in that role is not going to work very well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not a bad signing. Its insurance against if Leon is not the same player he was.....also there is no reason why we cant or wont draft another back in the 4th or 5th round this year either. With as much as this team will run the ball ...this team should have AT LEAST 4 backs who can contribute.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are Jets fans the most sensitive people on the face of the Earth. Why must Everyone LOVE the moves the Jets make..I think LT is a wussy who plays soft in big spots...Nopw that he's a Jet I will love him...BUt he's been awful for two years now. Don't sugarcoat the move...It's risky..T Jones has been 95% reliable for two years now.