Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Kaeding

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate Kaeding

I read these forums all the time but dont post much.Anyway I have a funny story.Was at my favorite local bar Friday night in Waverly Iowa.At around midnight someone came up and told me that Nate Kaeding was there.Walked over and sure enough there he sat.

Walked up,patted him on the the back,and said "Nate Kaeding right?" He said he was so I thanked him.He asked why i was thanking him.I told him I was a Jets fan.

His head went down and he just looked away.Thought maybe he had a better sense of humor than that.Hmmm guess not.Was kinda priceless though.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dick move but oh so hilarious!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    After he turned away, I patted him on the back and told him I was just messing with him.I really like the guy actually.Was a great kicker for Iowa and even a better kicker for the Jets!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a low blow . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. That is awesome!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526348]I read these forums all the time but dont post much.Anyway I have a funny story.Was at my favorite local bar Friday night in Waverly Iowa.At around midnight someone came up and told me that Nate Kaeding was there.Walked over and sure enough there he sat.

Walked up,patted him on the the back,and said "Nate Kaeding right?" He said he was so I thanked him.He asked why i was thanking him.I told him I was a Jets fan.

His head went down and he just looked away.Thought maybe he had a better sense of humor than that.Hmmm guess not.Was kinda priceless though.[/QUOTE]

kind of classless too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3526442]kind of classless too.[/QUOTE]

Whatever - it was a joke! God forbid we don't put our entertainment into perspective. See, that's the spoils of winning - you get to talk trash!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    difference between SD and NY, we get rid of our kickers after they miss in big games. Kaeding will be choking for years to come as a Charger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3526445]Whatever - it was a joke! God forbid we don't put our entertainment into perspective. See, that's the spoils of winning - you get to talk trash![/QUOTE]

I see... invading the player's privacy and poking fun of him for a professional failure in a public place where he is quietly eating is "entertainment". check. I must have missed that memo. carry on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3526471]I see... invading the player's privacy and poking fun of him for a professional failure in a public place where he is quietly eating is "entertainment". check. I must have missed that memo. carry on.[/QUOTE]

Because some kid thinks it's cool, you know, to kick someone while he's down.

Hilarious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    would have been better if you then pee'd in his beer, punched him in the face and then raped his wife...

you know, really show him what kind of Jets' fan you are.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Class move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please read my status.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3526445]Whatever - it was a joke! God forbid we don't put our entertainment into perspective. See, that's the spoils of winning - you get to talk trash![/QUOTE]

Hey it comes with the teritory, we all choose our own professions and know what were getting into. I'm sure he's fine, he's made over a million dollars before he's 25 years old and isn't the 1st athlete to get a little heckling or whatever.

Right or wrong, it comes with the teritory.

BTW nice one, as a Jets fan its a loooooong time coming to be in the other seat!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526348]I read these forums all the time but dont post much.Anyway I have a funny story.Was at my favorite local bar Friday night in Waverly Iowa.At around midnight someone came up and told me that Nate Kaeding was there.Walked over and sure enough there he sat.

His head went down and he just looked away.Thought maybe he had a better sense of humor than that.Hmmm guess not.Was kinda priceless though.[/QUOTE]

On a serious note, if I'm a Chargers fan, I'm not at all happy if the Chargers don't bring in a legit challenge for him in training camp. His reaction after the game, admitting that he let the early misses get in his head, does not inspire confidence for future clutch performances. Even his reaction in the story about, has to bring his mental toughness into question.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3526471]I see... invading the player's privacy and poking fun of him for a professional failure in a public place where he is quietly eating is "entertainment". check. I must have missed that memo. carry on.[/QUOTE]

Well in all fairness,He wasnt eating,It was 11:30 at night and he was sitting with some friends drinking beer.None of his friends reacted and I was in no way threatening.It was just a harmless rub.Its not everyday ya get to mess around a bit with a pro football player

The good thing is hes just a little fella.The bad thing is,one kick to the jublees from this guy could send them right out the top of my head.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526541]Well in all fairness,He wasnt eating,It was 11:30 at night and he was sitting with some friends drinking beer.None of his friends reacted and I was in no way threatening.It was just a harmless rub.Its not everyday ya get to mess around a bit with a pro football player

The good thing is hes just a little fella.The bad thing is,one kick to the jublees from this guy could send them right out the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Or they could curve out your ears :P

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526541]Well in all fairness,He wasnt eating,It was 11:30 at night and he was sitting with some friends drinking beer.None of his friends reacted and I was in no way threatening.It was just a harmless rub.Its not everyday ya get to mess around a bit with a pro football player

The good thing is hes just a little fella.The bad thing is,one kick to the jublees from this guy could send them right out the top of my head.[/QUOTE]
    If he did try to kick the sweet spot,:D there's a good chance he wooda missed anyway

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3526562]If he did try to kick the sweet spot,:D there's a good chance he wooda missed anyway[/QUOTE]

It WOULD be a kick against a Jet, so you're probably right!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut the cry baby crap. He's a public figure and a professional athlete. He know he was becoming so when he signed up for the millions.

I believe ANYTHING that happens on a fields infront of thousands of spectators and millions on TV is subject to scrutiny. Kaeding failing is the perfect example.

Now, personal lives of athletes should be left alone.

But popstars and such? Fair game. It comes with the territoty and the money. If it bothers them that much quit and get a office job.