Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Kaeding

Seriously, he signed up for being a public figure when he accepted a multi-million dollar contract. If he can't handle a little razzing, perhaps he shouldn't be hanging out in bars in the middle of the night.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526541]Well in all fairness,He wasnt eating,It was 11:30 at night and he was sitting with some friends drinking beer.None of his friends reacted and I was in no way threatening.It was just a harmless rub.Its not everyday ya get to mess around a bit with a pro football player

The good thing is hes just a little fella.The bad thing is,one kick to the jublees from this guy could send them right out the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify - you didn't mess with a professional football player - you messed with a professional football kicker - HUGE difference.

Kaeding is 150 lbs soaking wet. You may have picked on the wimpiest guy in the league.......

.......just sayin...... ;)

[QUOTE=Dcat;3526471]I see... invading the player's privacy and poking fun of him for a professional failure in a public place where he is quietly eating is "entertainment". check. I must have missed that memo. carry on.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! Have we become this unbelievably sensitive nowadays? Walking up to a professional football player [I]in a bar[/I] is now "invading the player's privacy". No, no it's not.
    Giving him a very mellow verbal teasing - not a profanity-laced tirade, mind you - just poking fun a little bit ... this is suddenly the most classless, rude behavior known to man.
    For heaven's sake people - lighten the f up!!! It's a friggin' game -- it's entertainment -- and he gets paid millions of dollars to make/miss kicks. Crap, some of you guys make it sound like he lost his wife or something.

Not only was it crass, it wasn't even funny. No wonder he looked away. You must be a barrel of laughs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3526471]I see... invading the player's privacy and poking fun of him for a professional failure in a public place where he is quietly eating is "entertainment". check. I must have missed that memo. carry on.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm sure if Iowa Jet fan was the kicker he would have laughed and said; Best joke I've heard in years and bought the guy a drink..:eek:

All League
    Jesus, you guys are so sensitive. A kicker's job is to have hundreds of thousands of people watch him, and him alone, try to kick a ball across a field. He's ASKING for the attention. If he can handle the pressure of that (which is debatable), then it really isn't so bad to have one guy make a joke at a bar.

Would I have liked it if I was Kaeding? No. But if I was Kaeding, I would also be filthy rich and completely used to the degree of fame/notoriety that playoff kickers get.

My money is on funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Low rent move. Not even very funny. Kaeding handled it properly because the public has more than a few a$$holes.

[QUOTE=AG;3526651]Cut the cry baby crap. He's a public figure and a professional athlete. He know he was becoming so when he signed up for the millions.

I believe ANYTHING that happens on a fields infront of thousands of spectators and millions on TV is subject to scrutiny. Kaeding failing is the perfect example.

Now, personal lives of athletes should be left alone.

But popstars and such? Fair game. It comes with the territoty and the money. If it bothers them that much quit and get a office job.[/QUOTE]

You should try that with Sean Penn. You'll have a few less teeth to brush.
    A person off the field, off the stage etc. is entitled to privacy. Try that act with a US senator or a governor.
    Hopefully, the 20 year old mentality of a lot of Jet fans is not shared by most.

All League
    [QUOTE=FreemanMC;3526670]Seriously?! Have we become this unbelievably sensitive nowadays? Walking up to a professional football player [I]in a bar[/I] is now "invading the player's privacy". No, no it's not.
    Giving him a very mellow verbal teasing - not a profanity-laced tirade, mind you - just poking fun a little bit ... this is suddenly the most classless, rude behavior known to man.
    For heaven's sake people - lighten the f up!!! It's a friggin' game -- it's entertainment -- and he gets paid millions of dollars to make/miss kicks. Crap, some of you guys make it sound like he lost his wife or something.[/QUOTE]

+1 Well Said

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3526781]You should try that with Sean Penn. You'll have a few less teeth to brush.
    A person off the field, off the stage etc. is entitled to privacy. Try that act with a US senator or a governor.
    Hopefully, the 20 year old mentality of a lot of Jet fans is not shared by most.[/QUOTE]

I'd kick Sean Penn's ass. Since you brought it up, Sean Penn pretty much needs his ass kicked. But anyways, once again, walking up to someone in a bar is NOT invading anyone's privacy. Had the guy broke into Kaeding's house? Had he stalked him all over the neighborhood with a camera and tape recorder? Ok, that's invading his privacy. Making a harmless joke -- in a public place -- with a person who has chosen to live a very public life -- is not invading privacy.
    Oh, and by the way, I "tried that act" with Governor Arnold out here in Cali. I walked up to him in a restaurant -- I know, the HORROR! -- and told him what I thought of some legislation he was pushing. Guess what? He answered me. HORROR!
    Some of you guys crack me up.

I really cant believe some are making such a huge deal out of this.I made it well known that I was just jabbin at him a little.Jeez....Some people take life way too serious.If it were me getting the razzing I would have actually laughed it off.

If he actually ever makes another field goal against the Jets,Maybe in his post game interview he will dedicate it to that smart ass Jets fan in Iowa and then everyone will have a real reason to blow up on me :D

[QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526827]I really cant believe some are making such a huge deal out of this.I made it well known that I was just jabbin at him a little.Jeez....Some people take life way too serious.If it were me getting the razzing I would have actually laughed it off.

If he actually ever makes another field goal against the Jets,Maybe in his post game interview he will dedicate it to that smart ass Jets fan in Iowa and then everyone will have a real reason to blow up on me :D[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it, man -- you're always gonna have a group of waaaaay over-sensitive, politically correct clowns who interpret every little jab - every little joke - in the most extreme way. Heaven forbid people have a little fun with others once in awhile ... guaranteed, the guys who have the issues with this? Same ones who used to run home to mom every time "Tommy sprayed me with the hose" or "Johnny said my hat looked funny." They need to get a grip.

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3526825]I'd kick Sean Penn's ass. Since you brought it up, Sean Penn pretty much needs his ass kicked. But anyways, once again, walking up to someone in a bar is NOT invading anyone's privacy. Had the guy broke into Kaeding's house? Had he stalked him all over the neighborhood with a camera and tape recorder? Ok, that's invading his privacy. Making a harmless joke -- in a public place -- with a person who has chosen to live a very public life -- is not invading privacy.
    Oh, and by the way, I "tried that act" with Governor Arnold out here in Cali. I walked up to him in a restaurant -- I know, the HORROR! -- and told him what I thought of some legislation he was pushing. Guess what? He answered me. HORROR!
    Some of you guys crack me up.[/QUOTE]

I don't like Penn, but if you kicked his ass you'd be one of the few who ever did.
    You should leave people alone.
    Like I said I do understand the gross immaturity of many young Jets fans. I underfstand it was "mommy's fault" for poor upbringing and spoiling. Perhaps you'll grow up, perhaps you won't. It is a fact there are uncivilized jerks in our society who beleive they can do as they please. And also those who have class and dignity. The second group is the one who runs things. The first is the one who are denial menial things or have poor jobs or are out of work.

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3526839]Don't sweat it, man -- you're always gonna have a group of waaaaay over-sensitive, politically correct clowns who interpret every little jab - every little joke - in the most extreme way. Heaven forbid people have a little fun with others once in awhile ... guaranteed, the guys who have the issues with this? Same ones who used to run home to mom every time "Tommy sprayed me with the hose" or "Johnny said my hat looked funny." They need to get a grip.[/QUOTE]

Oh and BTW, Mr. Tough Guy, have you put in a tour in Iraq or Afghanistan yet? I know you about the right age.
    With all the talk, you must have a couple BSMwV or a SS? I do.
    I am not a politically correct person but I won't call a man a n***** or a woman a c***. I am sure that's ok with you, right? You learn to live in the world. You'll get the respect you deserve which in your case is not much.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3526848]I don't like Penn, but if you kicked his ass you'd be one of the few who ever did.
    Like I said I do understand the gross immaturity of many young Jets fans. I underfstand it was "mommy's fault" for poor upbringing and spoiling. Perhaps you'll grow up, perhaps you won't. It is a fact there are uncivilized jerks in our society who beleive they can do as they please. And also those who have class and dignity. The second group is the one who runs things. The first is the one who are denial menial things or have poor jobs or are out of work.[/QUOTE]
    But they get to feel like they are king for a day by poking their eye out on youtube.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3526554]Or they could curve out your ears :P[/QUOTE]

BAhahahaha

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3526848]I don't like Penn, but if you kicked his ass you'd be one of the few who ever did.
    Like I said I do understand the gross immaturity of many young Jets fans. I underfstand it was "mommy's fault" for poor upbringing and spoiling. Perhaps you'll grow up, perhaps you won't. It is a fact there are uncivilized jerks in our society who beleive they can do as they please. And also those who have class and dignity. The second group is the one who runs things. The first is the one who are denial menial things or have poor jobs or are out of work.[/QUOTE]

In fact Im 37 yrs old.Not sure if that constitutes young or not. I personally believe I am very civilized and would like to think that everyone should have a little fun in life and can actually poke a little fun now and again without ever taking it too seriously.

I love taking a good razzing sometimes if its in good fun.This was in good fun.I think I made it perfectly clear that it was a joke and not a personal attack.

I have a pretty descent job and Im pretty sure my Momma raised me right.I think there are two kinds of people in this world.Ones who enjoy life and dont take it too seriously all the time,and 2 are the people with giant bugs up their Arses :yes:

[QUOTE=Savage69;3526680]Hey I'm sure if Iowa Jet fan was the kicker he would have laughed and said; Best joke I've heard in years and bought the guy a drink..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Hang on. How come Iowa Jet Fan gets allowed into a bar when he hasn't negotiated puberty yet? :P

EDIT: Just seen above post. 37 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO
    Last edited by chilts; 03-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=EM31;3526760]Low rent move. Not even very funny. Kaeding handled it properly because the public has more than a few a$$holes.[/QUOTE]

+1

ever hear the phrase "gracious winner"? My guess is no. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=IowaJetsFan;3526881]In fact Im 37 yrs old.Not sure if that constitutes young or not. I personally believe I am very civilized and would like to think that everyone should have a little fun in life and can actually poke a little fun now and again without ever taking it too seriously.

I love taking a good razzing sometimes if its in good fun.This was in good fun.I think I made it perfectly clear that it was a joke and not a personal attack.

I have a pretty descent job and Im pretty sure my Momma raised me right.I think there are two kinds of people in this world.Ones who enjoy life and dont take it too seriously all the time,and 2 are the people with giant bugs up their Arses :yes:[/QUOTE]

For many, 37 is still borderline. Poking fun is fine with your family or friends. You don't have the right outside of your circle. It's called civility and respect.
    I enjoy life immensely and have a circle of friends where we kid around and razz. I don't believe in harrassing people I don't know. (Here is different, of course).
    BTW, at 37 I don't thing your mother should be referred to as Momma.
    Perhaps you do have a good job. If it's "inside", try calling your boss a loser and a fool. How would that work out?
    How would you like someone coming up to you and your wife at a bar and asking her why she's such an oinker? Not too cool, right?
    Self restraint is a trait not as common as it should be.