20 20.20%

79 79.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green O/U 1500 yards

Veteran

Green O/U 1500 yards

This is fun

over easily (if he stays healthy)

He won't get enough carries to have that many yards.

If Leon is healthy Greene won't get nearly enough carries to go for 1500 yards (and quite honestly he would be the better for it). Having LT and a healthy Leon will help us spread the ball and keep defenses on their toes.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3526576]He won't get enough carries to have that many yards.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking.

You look at our roster and we have so many POTENTIAL weapons.

Will Keller be used more? Will Washington come back to form? Will LT have any "magic" left? Will we draft offense early? Will Sanchez show marked improvement? Will Braylon get over the drops?

I love Greene as much as the next guy, but it would be nice if he didn't have to be "THE MAN" in the offense, but rather one of many vital cogs in our run to the SB:yes:

All Pro
    Jets will not run as much in 2010, they will have more confidence in Mark Sanchez.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3526593]That's what I'm thinking.

You look at our roster and we have so many POTENTIAL weapons.

Will Keller be used more? Will Washington come back to form? Will LT have any "magic" left? Will we draft offense early? Will Sanchez show marked improvement? Will Braylon get over the drops?

I love Greene as much as the next guy, but it would be nice if he didn't have to [B]be "THE MAN" in the offense, [/B]but rather one of many vital cogs in our run to the SB:yes:[/QUOTE]

Agree and thats obviously what wore TJ out. However- you can't say it was because they had nobody else. Why Shonn Green got as few carries as he did last season until the end/playoffs escapes me. Maybe concerns about the fumbling? Whatever though...he turned it on when it counted. Now they have LT, and hopefully healthy Leon. But I don't see them just throwing the gameplan out with the bathwater. It worked too well. I am in for +1500 on a man who will get increased touches and was about 5.0 ypc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Forget 1500 the days of the selfish compiler are gone.. A multi back attack has always been the right way to go..:yes:

All League
    under, not enough touches. This offense will open it up a little more as Marks confidence builds.

1500 yards???

I think Greene is going to be a great back for us....but MJD and Peterson didnt even rush for 1400 yards last year. TJ was playing with no backup for which is why he had so many carries.

If he is over 1100 that would be a great year for a 2nd year player in our offense.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3526619]1500 yards???

I think Greene is going to be a great back for us....but MJD and Peterson didnt even rush for 1400 yards last year. [B]TJ was playing with no backup for which is why he had so many carries.[/B]

If he is over 1100 that would be a great year for a 2nd year player in our offense.[/QUOTE]

No backup? :confused:

Under.

He won't get enough touches.

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3526622]No backup? :confused:[/QUOTE]

For much of the season, yes.

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3526622]No backup? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes....Leon hurt, and Greene either not ready (blitz pickup) or dinged up.....

Hopefully we run almost as much but with 3 guys now sharing the carries....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=eaglenj;3526654]Unfortunately yes....Leon hurt, and Greene either not ready (blitz pickup) or dinged up.....

Hopefully we run almost as much but with [B]3 guys now sharing the carries[/B]....[/QUOTE]

That's music to my ears...:yes: Our own Csonka,Kiick and Mercury Leon..(If he heals right)

Id say under only because I feel there are plenty of touches for everyone,

Under he won't get enough touches

even if he got the touches, so much still has to go right. the oline has to stay healthy and sanchez has to have enough of a passing game to keep the defenses honest. also, greene wasn't able to stay healthy all last season in a more limited role. let's see it before we believe it.

I think we should have an over under on the # of DB's he runs over like a mack truck:P

WHY would Greene run for 1500+ in a 2 or 3 RB system? :eek: