Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3527012]280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
    212/450-2000
    FAX: 212/681-7573
    NFL staff members can be reached via-email by [email]first.last@nfl.com[/email].
    Example: [email]joe.browne@nfl.com[/email]

JOE BROWNE, Executive Vice President of Communications & Public Affairs
    GREG AIELLO, Senior Vice President of Public Relations[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3526986][url]http://www.nfl.com/contact-us[/url]

You'll have to shorten up your response...

You on Twitter? Send something to this guy

[url]http://twitter.com/NFLprguy[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yes I'm on twitter, but I'm not sure whether or not I would be able to articulate my arguments within the twitter limits.

I'm pretty surprised by all the whining. It's only a game. We play there at least 8 times and so do the Giants. Do you get some kind of medal for being the first to play a game in a new stadium? It's only a game.

As far as some asking why they support the Jets by buying tickets and paraphernalia and the like. You guys do it because you are Jets fans, not because of the name on the stadium or who gets to play the first game. As for being 2nd class citizen, who cares. The only thing I'm interested in are the Jets, not how others look at them. Come on guys, grow up. It's only a game.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3527001]You still live in the same room with your big brother?[/QUOTE]

No, and I'm no longer sniveling over his teasing, either.

I seriously can't believe anyone thinks two 70,000 seat stadiums in the same area is a good idea, simply for the sake of hurt feelings. 16 games a year in the same city...yeah, let's build two!!

[QUOTE=jr17892;3526713]Gary Myers is reporting the Giants won the secret coin toss to open the stadium. It was so secret, they didn't tell the teams about until AFTER the toss. The teams were just notified who won. That's just total BS.

[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/03/15/2010-03-15_giants_win_secret_coin_toss_to_play_first_game_in_new_meadowlands_stadium.html"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/03/15/2010-03-15_giants_win_secret_coin_toss_to_play_first_game_in_new_meadowlands_stadium.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Well at least tell me that the Patriots video'd it so the league would have a record of it!

[QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3527151]Well at least tell me that the Patriots video'd it so the league would have a record of it![/QUOTE]

:clapper:

I bet Goodell destroyed the evidence.... again!

[QUOTE=jetswin;3527101]I predict Giants Thursday night opener national spotlight, Jets 1pm roasting start on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Its already been announced that the NFL is sticking with their current trend of the defending SB champion opening up the season on Thursday Night.

The first game in stadium will be a SNF or MNF game, by the Giants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3527150]No, and I'm no longer sniveling over his teasing, either.

I seriously can't believe anyone thinks two 70,000 seat stadiums in the same area is a good idea, simply for the sake of hurt feelings. 16 games a year in the same city...yeah, let's build two!![/QUOTE]

How much does New York City get out of the present deal? New York State? Yeah, it's all about hurt feelings. If you have a six-year-old's intellect.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3527167]How much does New York City get out of the present deal? New York State? Yeah, it's all about hurt feelings. If you have a six-year-old's intellect.[/QUOTE]

F--k NYS.

Yeah, I said it. And I've lived here all my life.

Ground Zero is still essentially a hole in the ground after NINE FREAKIN' YEARS and we're still preoccupied about a Jets stadium in NYC. Good grief!

The Yanks and Mets got stadiums based on private financing, crooked politics, and the fact that they're stadiums are open 82 days a year which is a bigger revenue/tax stream.

A football stadium in NYC pales in comparison revenue wise for the local municipality and state.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;3527173]F--k NYS.

Ground Zero is still essentially a hole in the ground after NINE FREAKIN' YEARS and we're still preoccupied about a Jets stadium in NYC. Good grief!

The Yanks and Mets got stadiums based on private financing, crooked politics, and the fact that they're stadiums are open 82 days a year which is a bigger revenue/tax stream.

A football stadium in NYC pales in comparison revenue wise for the local municipality and state.[/QUOTE]

That's fair. But to clarify I'm not talking about NY govt or politicos...I'm talking about the citizens. I know full well crooked and/or inept NY govt and politicos blew the chances of anything happening here, but no matter how you slice it a stadium anywhere in NY would have been good for jobs, local economy and recurring revenue

[QUOTE=shakin318;3527167]How much does New York City get out of the present deal? New York State? Yeah, it's all about hurt feelings. If you have a six-year-old's intellect.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to tell me the consistent whining over the stadium over the years on this site is anything other than the jets being "second class citizens"?

Reread this thread...and the countless others over the years. Jet fans have red-headed step-child syndrome. And it is apparently uncurable.

Sure, I'm sure most would like to see them back in NY...but you didn't mention that in your original reply...funny how it was "you still live in the same room with big brother". Don't you think that lays a tiny bit of credence to my argument?

the question remains:
    why do it IN SECRET if there is nothing to hide???

can ANYONE answer this question for me?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3527179]
    Sure, I'm sure most would like to see them back in NY...but you didn't mention that in your original reply...funny how it was "you still live in the same room with big brother". Don't you think that lays a tiny bit of credence to my argument?[/QUOTE]

Actually, my original reply was an effort to point out the irony of your argument...you talk about the little brother moving on, when in reality the Jets still live in the same room with the Giants. And apparently still on the bottom bunk.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;3527173]F--k NYS.

A football stadium in NYC pales in comparison revenue wise for the local municipality and state.[/QUOTE]

+1 NYC sucks

Just win and make it OUR STADIUM by winning more games than the Giants (dont see an issue with that in the near future) and being louder and more intimidating fans (dont see an issue there either). :D I actually like playing on the road the first week as I believe the pressure is on the home team the first week as they dont want to get off to a bad start at home. Also, the new stadium is not that spectacular from what I see. I hope they play Dallas at home the first week so Dallas can beat them in their home opener and return the favor.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3527190]Actually, my original reply was an effort to point out the irony of your argument...you talk about the little brother moving on, when in reality the Jets still live in the same room with the Giants. And apparently still on the bottom bunk.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I hear this all the time from people and I think it's pretty lame that people feel the need to call someone a p{}ssy for being pissed about playing in GIANTS STADIUM! Yeah, we're 50/50 partners now... blah blah blah. Why is it that the Giants are still walking around like it's their house then? Spent 20 years in GIANTS STADIUM, disappointed to spend the next 99 sharing a stadium with those assh0les.

Mark Schlerth and Eric Allen on NFL Live both just said that the Jets should be the ones opening up the new stadium due to the fact that they went to the AFC Championship Game last year and the Giants didnt even make the playoffs.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3527178]That's fair. But to clarify I'm not talking about NY govt or politicos...I'm talking about the citizens. I know full well crooked and/or inept NY govt and politicos blew the chances of anything happening here, but no matter how you slice it a stadium anywhere in NY would have been good for jobs, local economy and recurring revenue[/QUOTE]

Actually that's not true. It's a basic tenet of urban economics that stadiums have a very small economic impact... especially football stadiums. Construction jobs have a short term impact and then it's basically low-paying, seasonal, retail positions. Even the players and highly paid execs choose to live outside the city and therefore they don't even get their "fair share" of income taxes.

I would've liked a WSS as a Jets fan but as a New Yorker it's just dumb public policy.

Back to the original post.... Why didn't they make a big deal about this coin flip? They could've had an event in Times Square with the owners, GMs and key players present. It could've been something fun and it would have drummed up more excitement for the new stadium.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3527190]Actually, my original reply was an effort to point out the irony of your argument...you talk about the little brother moving on, when in reality the Jets still live in the same room with the Giants. And apparently still on the bottom bunk.[/QUOTE]

Eh, you can choose to ignore how silly two stadiums would be and focus on that...I guess it's kind of ironic, sure. Doesn't change the fact that Jet fans are whining over 1. Something that is written in stone, and 2. something rather stupid.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3527205]Eh, you can choose to ignore how silly two stadiums would be and focus on that...I guess it's kind of ironic, sure. Doesn't change the fact that Jet fans are whining over 1. Something that is written in stone, and 2. something rather stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well maybe the Mets should have to share a ballpark with the Yankees because the city shouldn't have one for each team.