Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3527258]Per Glauber.

Who cares.

And the big one.[/QUOTE]

We should have gotten the Sunday Night game. MNF is a fair compromise I presume but still... come on. This is all about the Giants playing the first official game. However, we get to open up preseason so that's technically the first NFL game.

Does this mean we have to play the Pats? I wanted the Jets to play the Vikings. Either way, atleast we're not opening up on the road... AGAIN!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;3527273]Bob Glauber on Twitter

[url]http://twitter.com/BobGlauber[/url][/QUOTE]

good, how hard was that? i'm guessing this took a minimum of 78 emails to resolve.

Mods, please change thread title to indicate new update.

"Giants to open stadium Sunday, Jets to follow suit on Monday"

Or, you know, whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527279]I'll take it. We open the Preseason and we open on MNF BABY!!!

And guess what? During the owners meetings March 21-24th, the NFL releases the Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday Night match-ups for Week 1, as well as any Thankgiving or Xmas games.

SO, in the next 10 days, we shall know who we host Week 1 on MNF.[/QUOTE]

if it's the patriots yet again i'm gonna barf.

Thank god, now maybe you people and your goddamn inferiority complexes will STFU already. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3527284]if it's the patriots yet again i'm gonna barf.[/QUOTE]

It will be the Pats, if not it will be Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Minnesota.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527287]It will be the Pats, if not it will be Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Minnesota.[/QUOTE]

what about the fish? although i'd rather they come here later in the season..still bothers me they win @ NYJ in december..inexcusable! I think it will be Baltimore.

Good news. Response to my email:

Jacob: We just announced the following. We appreciate your interest.
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    3/15/10

NFL OPENING WEEKEND TO FEATURE HOME GAMES
    FOR BOTH JETS AND GIANTS

Jets to Host First Game at New Stadium in Preseason

The New York Jets and New York Giants both will play at home in their new Meadowlands Stadium on the opening weekend of the 2010 regular season, the NFL announced today.

The Giants will play on Sunday afternoon, September 12, and the Jets will play in the first nationally televised Monday Night Football game of the season on September 13. The NFL is completing the final stages of the 2010 schedule. The opponents for the Jets and Giants Kickoff Weekend home openers will be announced soon.

In addition, the NFL announced that the Jets will host the first NFL game at the new stadium during the preseason in August.

Under the NFL Constitution and By-Laws, the commissioner is responsible for determining the playing schedule.

"After extensive discussions with both teams, we have come up with what we believe is a unique approach for celebrating the opening of the new Meadowlands Stadium," said Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Commissioner Goodell noted that both the Giants and Jets ownership felt passionately for their fans about being the first to play at home on the opening weekend of the regular season and could not agree on how to resolve the issue, including whether to conduct a coin flip. The commissioner said that, since both teams presented good reasons for playing first, he concluded that the fairest resolution would be to play both teams at home on the opening weekend and to make his decision on which team plays on Sunday by flipping a coin. The commissioner flipped the coin last Friday with his staff at the NFL office. He then notified both teams on Friday of his decision and that he flipped a coin to determine the team playing on Sunday.

The only time the Giants and Jets both opened a regular-season on the same weekend at Giants Stadium was in 1991 when the Jets opened against Tampa Bay on Sunday, September 1, and the Giants hosted the 49ers on Monday night, September 2.

# # #

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527287]It will be the Pats, if not it will be Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Minnesota.[/QUOTE]

All four games are extremely marketable.

Pasts for obvious reasons.

Balt for Rexy and his old team.

Cincy for the two ass whoopings at the tail end of last season.

Minny is by far the most marketable IMO

Actually the thread title says it all really, the Giants are hosting the first home game in the stadium. 2nd class man! It's a compromise but it's pretty damn obvious what's going on here. Wouldn't the win have been the MNF game since it gets bigger draws? This was a pissing contest and the Jets lost.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3527286]Thank god, now maybe you people and your goddamn inferiority complexes will STFU already. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

+1000

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3527286]Thank god, now maybe you people and your goddamn inferiority complexes will STFU already. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

while i can't speak for everyone that has nothing to do with anything and perhaps, maybe, you are projecting your feelings and thoughts and turning it into someone elses?

[QUOTE=newjakecity;3527292]Good news. Response to my email:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    3/15/10

FOR BOTH JETS AND GIANTS

The New York Jets and New York Giants both will play at home in their new Meadowlands Stadium on the opening weekend of the 2010 regular season, the NFL announced today.

The Giants will play on Sunday afternoon, September 12, and the Jets will play in the first nationally televised Monday Night Football game of the season on September 13. The NFL is completing the final stages of the 2010 schedule. The opponents for the Jets and Giants Kickoff Weekend home openers will be announced soon.

In addition, the NFL announced that the Jets will host the first NFL game at the new stadium during the preseason in August.

Under the NFL Constitution and By-Laws, the commissioner is responsible for determining the playing schedule.

"After extensive discussions with both teams, we have come up with what we believe is a unique approach for celebrating the opening of the new Meadowlands Stadium," said Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Commissioner Goodell noted that both the Giants and Jets ownership felt passionately for their fans about being the first to play at home on the opening weekend of the regular season and could not agree on how to resolve the issue, including whether to conduct a coin flip. The commissioner said that, since both teams presented good reasons for playing first, he concluded that the fairest resolution would be to play both teams at home on the opening weekend and to make his decision on which team plays on Sunday by flipping a coin. The commissioner flipped the coin last Friday with his staff at the NFL office. He then notified both teams on Friday of his decision and that he flipped a coin to determine the team playing on Sunday.

The only time the Giants and Jets both opened a regular-season on the same weekend at Giants Stadium was in 1991 when the Jets opened against Tampa Bay on Sunday, September 1, and the Giants hosted the 49ers on Monday night, September 2.

# # #[/QUOTE]

BS.

However, this was exactly what I wanted in the event this happened [us getting screwed]. We get to really open up the stadium at night... in the daytime the stadium isn't going to be as illustrious. So, yeah OK. I can deal with this. So we get the first night game. Not bad.

All Pro
    It's going to be the Pats/Fins. NBC is going to take the Minesota game for Sunday night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=newjakecity;3527292]Good news. Response to my email:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    3/15/10

FOR BOTH JETS AND GIANTS

# # #[/QUOTE]

I hate night games but it beats sitting in 105 degree heat on a Sunday afternoon.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3527302]while i can't speak for everyone that has nothing to do with anything and perhaps, maybe, you are projecting your feelings and thoughts and turning it into someone elses?[/QUOTE]

Not really.

From annonymous fans on the web, to the fans at the stadium, to celebrity fans like Joe Benigno, there is a picture of a woe-is-us, whinny, self-loathing, douchey fanbase.

First tailgate in the new stadium starts at 2:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets to Host Monday night first week!!

[url]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35880335/ns/sports-nfl/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Right on, a perfect compromise.

updated 12 minutes ago
    NEW YORK - The New York Jets and New York Giants both will play at home in their new Meadowlands Stadium on the opening weekend of the 2010 season.

The NFL says the Giants will play on Sunday afternoon, Sept. 12, while the Jets will host a Monday night game the next day.

Opponents have not been announced; the full league schedule usually is released in early April.