Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3527420]It will be rocking[/QUOTE]

[I]possibly[/I]

_

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel it is my obligation to make the monday night opener my first jets game ever attending :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3527420]It will be rocking[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting sound levels somewhere between equestrian and golf.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is it finalized that we get MNF and the Giants get the Sunday game?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Equal partners??? Haha

We crawled to the Giants and we will alway be second class.

Clippers with the Lakers and us with the Giants.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants, Jets will host home games on opening weekend of 2010
    NFL.com Wire Reports

The New York Jets and New York Giants both will play at home in their new Meadowlands Stadium on the opening weekend of the 2010 regular season, the NFL announced Monday.

The Giants will play on Sunday afternoon, September 12, and the Jets will play in the first nationally televised Monday Night Football game of the season on September 13. The NFL is completing the final stages of the 2010 schedule.

"We look forward to playing the first regular-season game ever in the new stadium," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said. "We have a great new home, and it's right next door to Giants Stadium, a building that housed our three Super Bowl championship teams. We look forward to building the same legacy for our new stadium, and it starts on Sept. 12."

Frank Franklin II / Associated Press
    Meadowlands Stadium will be the site of two games on opening weekend.

The opponents for the Jets and Giants Kickoff Weekend home openers will be announced soon.

In addition, the NFL announced that the Jets will host the first NFL game at the new stadium during the preseason in August.

Under the NFL Constitution and By-Laws, the commissioner is responsible for determining the playing schedule.

"After extensive discussions with both teams, we have come up with what we believe is a unique approach for celebrating the opening of the new Meadowlands Stadium," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Goodell noted that both the Giants and Jets ownership felt passionately for their fans about being the first to play at home on the opening weekend of the regular season and could not agree on how to resolve the issue, including whether to conduct a coin flip. Goodell said that, since both teams presented good reasons for playing first, he concluded that the fairest resolution would be to play both teams at home on the opening weekend and to make his decision on which team plays on Sunday by flipping a coin.

The commissioner flipped the coin last Friday with his staff at the NFL office. He then notified both teams on Friday of his decision and that he flipped a coin to determine the team playing on Sunday.

The only time the Giants and Jets both opened a regular-season on the same weekend at Giants Stadium was in 1991 when the Jets opened against Tampa Bay on Sunday, September 1, and the Giants hosted the 49ers on Monday night, September 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=James;3527455]Equal partners??? Haha

Clippers with the Lakers and us with the Giants.[/QUOTE]You should root for another team, like the Giants, if it gives you this much of a complex.

(you probably already do)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very fan friendly 7pm start. Right smack in the middle of rush hour. I might need to leave now. :)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527339]God damn it. I've got a 9 year old and a 11 year old and its a school night. My dream of watching the new stadium open in brilliant sunshine with my boys is ruined.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. MNF sucks. Awful for parents who bring kids to the game and honestly, Sunday 1pm much better for all.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3527464]You should root for another team, like the Giants, if it gives you this much of a complex.

(you probably already do)[/QUOTE]

No my frend, I been rooting for this team since 75 and seen them in more places outside the metro area than anyone i know. My point is they are our rival and to partner with them never made sense to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yo can take the train and not hit any traffic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=James;3527470]My point is they are our rival and to partner with them never made sense to me.[/QUOTE]They aren't our rival. You can't be rivals with a team you play once every 4 years. They're just there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see your point, but I consider them because we are always fighting for the back pages etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets get the best of the deal

Giants get a regular Sunday day game watched by maybe half the audience at most if it is the doubleheader game

Jets get a nationally televised MNF on ESPN watched by ALL NFL fans

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3527472]Yo can take the train and not hit any traffic.[/QUOTE]

100% correct, I just wish it was at 1pm game or even a 415p. Tailgate and enjoy the atmosphere.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

WOODY IS PISSED ???

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Giants-to-play-opener-at-new-stadium-Jets-owner-outraged-031510[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Fumes;3527407]This is bull....

Second class citizens as always. I hate this shared stadium nonsense.

Billionaire owns a team and cant gets his own stadium built? Sucks.

Nets? New home alone.

Devils? New home alone.

Every other football team... homes alone.

The two in the biggest media market in all of football? Share a stadium...? Huh?

Detroit has ZERO population left now, but they got a stadium. Its older now but they aint forced to share.

LA has no team but has a stadium for one to play in.

Smaller market teams have their own homes. Jets and Giants gotta share? Is there that much red tape in the northeast?[/QUOTE]

oh my gawd please stop!

:cryin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527480]Jets get the best of the deal

Giants get a regular Sunday day game watched by maybe half the audience at most if it is the doubleheader game

Jets get a nationally televised MNF on ESPN watched by ALL NFL fans[/QUOTE]

ok so who do we get?
    Bengals on a revenge game
    Pats as our rivals
    Miami as our rivals
    Vikings and return of Favre

I just hope its not the steelers

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    all that whining, crying, emails to the NFL and other low self esteem wallowing in self pity over NOTHING as it turns out

maybe that sorry excuse for a person Benigno does represent way too many Jet fans after all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=James;3527455]Equal partners??? Haha

Clippers with the Lakers and us with the Giants.[/QUOTE]

Good God! Just go away. Pathetic useless whining and loser attitudes just abound around here. You really need to root for another team. Seriously