Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

[QUOTE=SAR I;3527644]

2. There are 2 Monday Night Football games on Week 1. The west coast game pre-empts us at halftime.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I didn't know that.

OK, this is horse****.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3527666]Wait, what? I didn't know that.

OK, this is horse****.[/QUOTE]

Not true, there are 2 games but they don't overlap

All League

OK, this is horse****.[/QUOTE]You didn't know it because it's not true. A- trolling by SAR.

Hall Of Fame

check your spine

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3527663]awesome! History SAR, the very same reason you went to Indy, you'll be there and I want pics like that![/QUOTE]

I don't want my sons to remember that for the first Jets game at their new stadium their father left them home and went by himself.

I'm $20,000 into my PSL's not for me, but for my boys. I want them to have the same passion for the team that I do, want them to be there with me when we kick off in the new place.

What I may do is purchase Coaches Club Seats for the preseason opener which is the 'first' NFL game played at the stadium. This way, they get to go, its a summer game on a Friday (no school) and we can tailgate in sunshine up to kickoff. They can stand with their faces pressed against the glass as the players walk by, stand on the porch behind the bench and shout to the team.

That may be the way to give them the memory with dad and still have me attend the Monday nighter.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3527558]

[B]The only thing people will remember[/B] is who played the first ever game at the new stadium.

[/QUOTE]

Ham-

Who did the Giants play in the first game at the old Giants Stadium?

Who won?

Who kicked off?

Who scored the first TD? The first completion? The first INT?

No Googling.

Seriously, who played, who won?

You can't recall off the top of your head? No?

It wasn't a watershed moment in NY sports?

You don't remember EXACTLY where you were when the Giants kicked off (or the other team kicked off?)

Yet you remember EXACTLY where you were when (i) JFK was shot, (ii) Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon, (iii) OJ Simpson was in that white van, (iv) Magic Johnson declared he had AIDS, (v) the Challenger blew up and (iv) the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

You're going to have the opportunity to tell your grand-kids someday how Mark Sanchez, down 5 in the waning seconds of Superbowl forty-something took the Jets on a 98 yard drive, bootlegged a TD to win the Lombardi Trophy and celebrated with a hotdog on the sidelines.

Is it that importanat that you need to tell them that the Jets were the first team to play in the New Meadowlands Stadium?

Do we have THAT little self-esteem that THAT'S what matters?

Really?

Dude- count me out.

Life is too short.

Who gives a half-baked crap?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3527575]It is total BS that the Giants got the opener. This first regular season game is a lot more then just another opener.

The Jets have always been a step child. The Jets were step child to the Mets at Shea stadium where they were not allowed to play preseason home games in September, one year they even played less home games then every one else. Then they move to Giants stadium and always were second class to another team in the NFL, stadium named for that team, [B][I]Jets were always scheduled for the least desirable dates and the Jets played 3 home opening days in 25 years. [/I][/B]

The Jets fans were sold a bag of goods where they were told they would have a stadium of their own where they be [B][U]equal [/U][/B]partners with the Giants. If you believe this was a above the board coin flip. There should have not even been a coin flip involved the Jets should have been awarded the game. The Giants and the Mara's run the NFL. The Jets are the same step children as they were in the old stadium except they sucked Jets fans including myself into paying for half of Giants Stadium II.

This game is about being the Giants step child and second class citizen. This stadium is going to still refereed to the new Giants stadium. I can't tell you how many times the media has referred to it as the new Giants stadium. Playing on Monday night is by far the least desirable time to play. The NFL owed it to the Jets and their fans whom have to endure long commutes from its Queens & LI fan base, inconvenient schedules and being treated as second class citizens. The NFL caved in to the pressure from the Giants and gave the Giants the first game in the new stadium. The Giants ownership and their fans are laughing all the way to the bank. This opener could have sent a big message that the Jets are equal partner instead they give the message it is business as usual.[/QUOTE]

Where do you get this nonsense from?

3 openers in 25 years? First, that's WRONG. What about the other years, in case you didn't know, the Jets played more than 25 seasons in the Meadowlands.

And who, other than those with no lives needing something to get pissed over, decided that a home game in Sept was more important than a home game in Dec when the weather had changed and playing in the NE can be a bigger home field advantage.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=King Koopa;3527667]Not true, there are 2 games but they don't overlap[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d812a1acc_gallery_600.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d812a2a55_gallery_600.jpg[/IMG]

Sure they do. As I was praying for the Bills to hold on and beat the Patriots, the Chargers and Oakland had already started. Had fantasy players all over the board that night, remember it well.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527670]I don't want my sons to remember that for the first Jets game at their new stadium their father left them home and went by himself.

I'm $20,000 into my PSL's not for me, but for my boys. I want them to have the same passion for the team that I do, want them to be there with me when we kick off in the new place.

What I may do is purchase Coaches Club Seats for the preseason opener which is the 'first' NFL game played at the stadium. This way, they get to go, its a summer game on a Friday (no school) and we can tailgate in sunshine up to kickoff. They can stand with their faces pressed against the glass as the players walk by, stand on the porch behind the bench and shout to the team.

That may be the way to give them the memory with dad and still have me attend the Monday nighter.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

you'll find a way SAR, it's possible.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=ozu;3527668]You didn't know it because it's not true. A- trolling by SAR.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule[/url]

Apologize. Do it now.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You didn't know this because it's not true.

The WC game starts AFTER the EC game finishes.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3527673]Where do you get this nonsense from?

3 openers in 25 years? First, that's WRONG. What about the other years, in case you didn't know, the Jets played more than 25 seasons in the Meadowlands.

And who, other than those with no lives needing something to get pissed over, decided that a home game in Sept was more important than a home game in Dec when the weather had changed and playing in the NE can be a bigger home field advantage.[/QUOTE]

Wrong buddy they played the first season in 1984 and last year 2009 was the last. I have been there for every one so can you please enlighten us

The first time 80,000 people will be in the Stadium to watch a football game will be a Jets pre-season game...and I would be willing to bet that game will be a national game on CBS or ESPN.

The second time a national audience will see the stadium will be the Jets home opener.

Let's turn this around...if the Giants had the pre-season home opener and the MNF game the opening weekend of the season, don't you think all the whiners here would still be saying "oh, the Giants had 2 national games before we had any, we are second class citizens"? Of course they would.

It's not who starts, but who finishes :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527678][url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule[/url]

Apologize. Do it now.[/QUOTE]Right on that. Oh wait...
    [QUOTE][B]7:00 PM ET[/B]
    September 14, 2009
    Gillette Stadium,
    Foxboro, MA
    [url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290914017[/url]

[B]10:15 PM ET[/B]
    September 14, 2009
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum,
    Oakland, CA
    [url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290914013[/url][/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527658][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/IMG_0788.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Wow, you got kind of chubby.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetsfanri;3527685]The first time 80,000 people will be in the Stadium to watch a football game will be a Jets pre-season game...and I would be willing to bet that game will be a national game on CBS or ESPN.

The second time a national audience will see the stadium will be the Jets home opener.

Let's turn this around...if the Giants had the pre-season home opener and the MNF game the opening weekend of the season, don't you think all the whiners here would still be saying "oh, the Giants had 2 national games before we had any, we are second class citizens"? Of course they would.

It's not who starts, but who finishes :yes:[/QUOTE]

Standing last with the Lombardi.

No One..and I mean NO ONE will give a crap after Tueday morning comes along..my god just chill...The first playoff game is what counts...Just for that week...WHO CARES..WOuld you rather go 11-5 and maybe host a playoff game? Or would you rather open the new stadium! jeez.

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527670][B]I don't want my sons to remember that for the first Jets game at their new stadium their father left them home and went by himself.[/B]

[B]I'm $20,000 into my PSL's not for me, but for my boys.[/B] I want them to have the same passion for the team that I do, want them to be there with me when we kick off in the new place. . . . .

[B]That may be the way to give them the memory with dad [/B]and still have me attend the Monday nighter.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Not wanting to get into the personal here, but your kids remember you for the time you spend [I][B]with[/B][/I] them, not the $$$ you spend [I]ON[/I] them.

You'll have plenty of memories for years to come in that stadium w/your boys, but clearly you've spent (b/c we ALL KNOW it's NOT an investment) a good amount on YOUR team. It's not even your boys' team yet to the passionate degree it is yours. So stop complaining about the MNF opener, enjoy it for the little boy that's INSIDE of Sar I and the real reason why you've really spent what you've spent and enjoy it for ALL it's worth. See ya there ;)

.....If you build it, they will come. And Woody has built it.:D

[QUOTE=hendu24;3527626]Should of built the Jets there own stadium then...[/QUOTE]

in a few years, we will wonder how only 300 million stopped this from happening

Hall Of Fame
    good. this was needed due to the absolute farce committed by the nfl. It made zero sense and was utter bull**** and our owner called 'em out on it.