Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Gangrene;3527800]Woody, to paraphrase Parcells, if you are looking for someone to blame, try the guy in the mirror . . .

For friggs sake - the Jets could have relocated to Flushing besides the Mets, to the Bronx next door to the Yankees, to the Navy yard in Brooklyn with three New York bridges and the BQE all feeding into it . . . there were a many true New York options when Manhattan was not happening.But no, no, back to the friggen swamp we go . . .with the friggin Giants . . .

Are you friggin kidding me Woody ? You expect to be treated as an equal ? LMAO ![/QUOTE]

Brilliant.

Spend 2 bil as opposed to half of 1.6 bill so you can open a stadium all on your own.

Money well spent, much more bang for the buck. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-15-2010 at 10:51 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3527811]Brilliant.

Spend 2 bil as opposed to half that so you can open a stadium.

Money well spent. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

people talk about wanting to be the #1 team in new york...well a good start would have been by being the ONLY team in new york...just sayin'

Just remember that the MNF game will be played at 7P since it is opening weekend and not include beer sales

So you either have to leave work early, not go to work at all and then when you finally get in the building - no beer

Traffic on a Monday night should be a breeze as well

Thanks for nothing NFL

All League
    [QUOTE=bellc275;3527824]Just remember that the MNF game will be played at 7P since it is opening weekend[/QUOTE]

most likely

[QUOTE=bellc275;3527824]and not include beer sales[/QUOTE]

doubt it its all about the $ and considering it will be an earlier game there will be less time for tailgating and also since it will be the 1st game most fans will be walking the stadium and be spending more time inside

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3527813]people talk about wanting to be the #1 team in new york...well a good start would have been by being the ONLY team in new york...just sayin'[/QUOTE]

Other than we've been a NJ team for more years than we were a NY team. Just sayin:rolleyes:

His point was if he built a stadium in NY this wouldn't be an issue. At a cost, not to him but to Woody of an additional 1.4 bil. Made no sense, other than to placate a few fans who struggle with inferiority complexes.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-15-2010 at 11:08 PM.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3527770]Forget. The. Giants. Second. Class. Stuff. Already.

Every decent NFL team is inconvenienced with a MNF game. The question is, why did the Jets have to be forced into such an awful slot for its historic first game?

The traffic at 5pm into the parking lots, especially with new parking patterns and all the summer vacationers back at their desks?

Children back at school, can't be pulled out at 2pm to go to the game, can't wake up the next morning after being put to bed at midnight?

Tailgaters forced to leave work at 1pm on a Monday?

Fans fumbling in the dark trying to locate their cars or trying to find the train?

The operations staff having to direct confused fans after the game in pitch darkness?

The 'no beer' rule in effect, making diehard fans go dry in a non-party atmosphere?

There is no single NFL game each season that is more inconvenient to its fans than Week 1 Monday Night. It is flabbergasting that the NFL made a mistake atop a mistake today. It's one thing to screw Woody by awarding the day game to the Giants, it's quite another to screw the fans by forcing us into the darkness.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

i hear you. you make many good points. but MNF is still PRIMETIME national exposure for the franchise, a franchise that is coming off a Conference Championship game with one of its most intriguing rosters, ever...

The country is going to want to see what the Jets are made of even if it inconveniences SAR the game-going fan.

It's the first MNF game -- [I]the first night game[/I] -- in the dark sky's pulsating new [COLOR="Green"][B]Green Lit-Up Jets Stadium[/B][/COLOR].
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 03-15-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3527658][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/IMG_0788.jpg[/IMG]

Here's me, spending $1000 to see the Jets in Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game.

And there's me, sitting at home watching the opener of my brand new stadium that I'm over $20,000 invested in on my HDTV.

It's a travesty that the NFL put me in this position.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

is that a Mo Lewis jersey you're wearing?? or Bart Scott???

or was it a Mo Lewis jersey which you then put white masking tape over the name Lewis then wrote Scott on the tape???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=fredmertz;3527523]Woody needs to find some new things to give a **** about.[/QUOTE]

disagree....I could care less if the Jets play the first game in the stadium or not- don't give a sh!t as I will be there regardless just like I've been to every home game the past 29 years...

but....

it's finally nice to see an owner or someone in the organization really stand up for this team- no matter how trivial...

for years the Jets have gotten sh!t upon whether its' not receiving compensatory picks despite the fact they would lose 8 FA's and sign only three, or guys like Klecko not getting into the HOF...

granted these are apples and oranges comparisons but it is about time someone in the organization doesn't just shrug their shoulders and walk away....

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3527835]Other than we've been a NJ team for more years than we were a NY team. Just sayin:rolleyes:

His point was if he built a stadium in NY this wouldn't be an issue. At a cost, not to him but to Woody of an additional 1.4 bil. Made no sense, other than to placate a few fans who struggle with inferiority complexes.[/QUOTE]

i was waiting for the edit because something was missing

the rewards would have been much greater by becoming the superior team in the new york market and he would have benefited greatly...this isnt something that would have happened over night but with both teams getting new stadiums jets could have been the only team in new york for 40 years or so

do you think if this team was located in flushing, brooklyn or the bronx there would still be psl's available?...i think not

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;3527836]i hear you. you make many good points. but MNF is still PRIMETIME national exposure for the franchise, a franchise that is coming off a Conference Championship game with one of its most intriguing rosters, ever...

The country is going to want to see what the Jets are made of even if it inconveniences SAR the game-going fan.

It's the first MNF game -- [I]the first night game[/I] -- in the dark sky's pulsating new [COLOR="Green"][B]Green Lit-Up Jets Stadium[/B][/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you watched a Monday Night game and said "Gee, those Houston Texans are a great team and, gee whiz, what a great stadium. Boy, I'm impressed with the Houston Texans. Next time I see a Houston Texans fan in the mall, I'm going to give him a high-five because of what I saw tonight on Monday Night Football."

Don't know about you, but last year I watched about 5 minutes of the debut of the Cowboys new stadium and then switched on SNY to wait for more news about the Jets victory earlier in the day.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3527839]is that a Mo Lewis jersey you're wearing?? or Bart Scott???

or was it a Mo Lewis jersey which you then put white masking tape over the name Lewis then wrote Scott on the tape???[/QUOTE]

It was a Scott.

Scott (SAR) is an awesome dude in real life.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3527839]is that a Mo Lewis jersey you're wearing?? or Bart Scott???

or was it a Mo Lewis jersey which you then put white masking tape over the name Lewis then wrote Scott on the tape???[/QUOTE]

It's a Scott jersey, the new replica Jet jerseys, like the authentic jerseys, have the white or green strip under the armpit, the green or white doesn't extend around the arm, Lewis didn't wear that uniform.

Bart authentic. Couldn't wear the Pennington jersey after 8 seasons, decided to choose #57 not because I'm a fan of his but because it was the first time a player on any of my favorite teams had my actual name on the back of the jersey.

SAR I

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527849]It was a Scott.

Scott (SAR) is an awesome dude in real life.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I like to think I'm an awesome dude in my pretend life too :)

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3527852]Hey, I like to think I'm an awesome dude in my pretend life too :)

SAR I[/QUOTE]

No argument there.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3527850]It's a Scott jersey, the new replica Jet jerseys, like the authentic jerseys, have the white or green strip under the armpit, the green or white doesn't extend around the arm, Lewis didn't wear that uniform.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/peter_king/10/02/gameplan/bart-scott.jpg[/IMG]

Confused. I bought the jersey for $265 from the NFL Shop, authentic, waited 2 weeks for them to stitch the name/numbers.

SAR I

All League
    people are making too big of a deal over this

All Pro
    Have the Jets even sold out all their non-club PSL'S yet?

Veteran
    Woody is trying to pull off a George

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;3527800]Woody, to paraphrase Parcells, if you are looking for someone to blame, try the guy in the mirror . . .

For friggs sake - the Jets could have relocated to Flushing besides the Mets, to the Bronx next door to the Yankees, to the Navy yard in Brooklyn with three New York bridges and the BQE all feeding into it . . . there were a many true New York options when Manhattan was not happening.But no, no, back to the friggen swamp we go . . .with the friggin Giants . . .

Are you friggin kidding me Woody ? You expect to be treated as an equal ? LMAO ![/QUOTE]

Exactly!Woody should have stuck to what he knows best Baby powder and Q Tips!Then maybe we could have had a real owner not some kiss ass Giant fan in disguise!And this year we would be talking about the opening of our own stadium in NY where they belong!