Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

I gotta say, although I clearly have no dog in this hunt, as an outsider this thread is pure gold.

For those that continually ask why do chowd's troll this site? You can't buy this kind of entertainment.:yes:

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531493]I am not surprised by this, just disappointed.

Attacking fellow Jets fans who are upset is beneath [I]you[/I].

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Please tell me where I attacked you. Many times I have said in this thread that I know how much you were looking forward to this and I feel your pain that you got a raw deal. I even said with no sarcasm at all that you should be an honored guest at the opening. Be fair SAR. I am not your enemy.

PS: You have said many times in this thread how you expected the Giants would want to screw us but not the NFL. Now you were not surprised? A little consistency in your posting is in order.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3531505]Please tell me where I attacked you. Many times I have said in this thread that I know how much you were looking forward to this and I feel your pain that you got a raw deal. I even said with no sarcasm at all that you should be an honored guest at the opening. Be fair SAR. I am not your enemy.

PS: You have said many times in this thread how you expected the Giants would want to screw us but not the NFL. Now you were not surprised? A little consistency in your posting is in order.[/QUOTE]

TJ&TW represents you and others of your ilk.

The Giants did not screw us this time, the NFL did. Not surprised by the Giants trying to get their way, disappointed that the NFL did something unfair.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531479]+1.

Except my sons and I are being robbed of a home opener in the brilliant sunshine on a lazy Fall Sunday and are being forced to take days off of school and work to participate in a joke of a Monday Night Football game.

Compound that by the NFL turning from a fair league into a questionably corrupt one.

Compound that by the Jets having to host a home night game on Thanksgiving as well.

Not a good week for fans who really wanted this to be a special occasion remembered for generations. We should be on the road Week 1, open the stadium Week 2 at 1pm on Sunday. Thanksgiving, well, that happens to every team, but its the compounding of that with the MNF game that hurts. Likely the two best games of the entire year (Pats, Vikings) and my kids and I shouldn't (and still likely can't) attend.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1

SAR, you are right on the money...

Jets Insider VIP
    you know I love ya, SAR but....

Jets fans and the Jets franchise got the best of the deal because of the brouhaha that our owner stirred up. The Jets got the more prestigious game of the opening weekend games --- the nationally televised MNF slot watched by ALL NFL fans vs an ordinary 4 PM Sunday slot watched by Giant fans and their opponents fans and nobody else, In addition Woody was awarded a Thanksgiving night game at home which is not only another prime time exposure for the team but a competitive advantage for a team playing a a short week (vs the three teams that have to travel in a four day week to play on that day at least) and the even more significant 10 day break until the next game which is for all intents and purposes a second bye week.

So in summary, Woody stood up for the franchise and for the vast majority of Jet fans. I am empathetic to your situation being a passionate Jet fan who lives 3 states away (as I am for Boynton Beach Jets) who is obviously inconvenienced by these night prime time games in terms of taking your family to NJ for them but I think that it is obvious that Woody, by standing up for the Jets won this particular battle.

I won't comment on QJF and his "perception" argument other to say that he is starting to sound like Mangini and his "process" argument

[QUOTE=sg3;3531552]you know I love ya, SAR but....

Jets fans and the Jets franchise got the best of the deal because of the brouhaha that our owner stirred up. The Jets got the more prestigious game of the opening weekend games --- the nationally televised MNF slot watched by ALL NFL fans vs an ordinary 4 PM Sunday slot watched by Giant fans and their opponents fans and nobody else, In addition Woody was awarded a Thanksgiving night game at home which is not only another prime time exposure for the team but a competitive advantage for a team playing a a short week (vs the three teams that have to travel in a four day week to play on that day at least) and the even more significant 10 day break until the next game which is for all intents and purposes a second bye week.

So in summary, Woody stood up for the franchise and for the vast majority of Jet fans. I am empathetic to your situation being a passionate Jet fan who lives 3 states away (as I am for Boynton Beach Jets) who is obviously inconvenienced by these night prime time games in terms of taking your family to NJ for them but I think that it is obvious that Woody, by standing up for the Jets won this particular battle.

I won't comment on QJF and his "perception" argument other to say that he is starting to sound like Mangini and his "process" argument[/QUOTE]

I've been saying all along that the Jets got the better deal, [B]and they certainly did.[/B] What a roll we've been on since making the playoffs. There really is a different feel about this franchise, and the credit goes to ownership. :yes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531465]Nearly fell out of my chair when I read this.

[I]You[/I], the King Of Queens, the Chairman of The Boo-Hoo Bring The Jets Home To New York Committee, [I]you're[/I] the one saying "get over it"?

Dear Mr. Zipcode, your hypocrisy will never be matched. You've spent the better part of 6 years crying in your beer over the Jets departure for a state that wants them and expect a shoulder to cry on and an audience to listen to you but the moment the shoe is on the other foot it's "get over it"? Takes the cake.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Right, get over it. You didn't care that they played in Giants Stadium for 25 plus years. This can't possibly be an issue for you.

If it is you are a hypocrite. Not me. I don't care who opens this stadium.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531467]Your avatar photo and your sig photos. Remove them. After all, time to "get over it", right? "So much drama, so little reason for it". Live [I]your [/I]words. Avatar photo. Sig photo. Remove.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, I was actually consider changing them out. I'm bored with it.

But now I obviously can't do that.

Maybe next year. ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531507]TJ&TW represents you and others of your ilk.

The Giants did not screw us this time, the NFL did. Not surprised by the Giants trying to get their way, disappointed that the NFL did something unfair.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

what was unfair? the NFL decides schedules. they have discretion. they are the last arbiter in all disputes between Jets/Giants.

The giants have been around since the creation of the league. they are getting their way when they really want it. this was going to be the deal when they signed on for this partnership.

move on. get use to it. get over it.

PS: Finally, we're the home team!

Jets Insider VIP
    P.S. Traitor Jay won't be part of our home team in our new stadium

AND THAT IS GREAT

[QUOTE=sg3;3531552]you know I love ya, SAR but....

I won't comment on QJF and his "perception" argument other to say that he is starting to sound like Mangini and his "process" argument[/QUOTE]

The whole thing stinks, if Woody wanted to go route of weeknight games and Thanksgiving day games I would be ok if stadium was in Manhattan. One big pain in butt to go home get car and drive to Meadowlands, or take three trains, even bigger insane pain in butt to deal with Thanksgiving day insane tri-state traffic while throwing in 83K extra people going to Jets game.

Us common folk after thanksgivng dinner could have jumped on NJ transit, metro north or LIRR 45 minutes before game time with a tall boy in hand and go to Manhattan game quick and still had family time. Woody you suck.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3531487]Monday Night Football is the issue. Thanksgiving alone, I can deal with. MNF in, say, October, I can deal with.

But MNF for the opener? SNF is the jewel game now. And there are two MNF games on that night. The Jets weren't given some 'special' Week 1 time slot. We were thrown into a mess. The operational issues alone should have made that a "no" decision. New stadium, new access roads, new parking pattern, assigned parking lots, confused staff outside the building on the way in, pitch black darkenss on the way out. Beer sales, tailgating, Monday work traffic.....the NFL couldn't have screwed us any harder unless they tried; and, apparently, they [I]did[/I].

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    This I agree with 100%. It seems like the convenience of the game attending fan is last on the pecking order of NFL priorities.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3531681]This I agree with 100%. It seems like the convenience of the game attending fan is last on the pecking order of NFL priorities.[/QUOTE]

it's a perception process but if the games were on Long Island or Queens, it would be no inconvenience at all to anybody

Where is it written on newyorkjets.com and nfl.com that every Jets home game will forever be a Sunday 1:00 game?

Jets Insider VIP
    in fact, Cmart, it is quite the opposite... As we begin to win those Lombardi's at a rapid and regular rate during this decade we should expect multiple MNF, SNF and Thursday Opening weekend home games during each season.

[QUOTE=sg3;3531700]it's a perception process but if the games were on Long Island or Queens, it would be no inconvenience at all to anybody[/QUOTE]
    Let me ask you something big shot. Are you capable of talking substance? Here's your chance.

Why was it so important to the Jets that the Giant training complexes and corporate offices NOT be on the grounds of the complex? Why would they care? I mean the Jets have state of the art complexes in FP. What difference does it make to the Jets where the Giants have their facilities?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jets Insider VIP
    pretty simple really.

the agreement to jointly fund the stadium at equal levels making it a neutral site required that NEITHER team have their training facility AT OR DIRECTLY ADJACENT to the New Stadium as the Giants had for years at Giant Stadium.

Since New Jersey was also providing infrastructure funding, there was an additional agreement that both training facilities had to be in New Jersey. Thus no Hofstra.

Mr Johnson, once again, did what he could for the State of New York by having the Jets summer training camp in Cortland, NY thus mitigating the loss of revenue to the State caused by Dishonorable Sheldon Silver, Speaker of the Assembly accepting huge bribes from the Dolans and Cablevision to vote down the WSS that Mr Johnson tried his damndest to get built

This thread is pure gold. I'll say it again, you can't BUY this kind of entertainment. 800 posts arguing about a coin flip and a night opener. Priceless.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm sure the posts at patsdicks.com would be far more enjoyable to you, Vinny

why not go there and enjoy them

and then

GKY

[QUOTE=sg3;3531732]pretty simple really.

the agreement to jointly fund the stadium at equal levels making it a neutral site required that NEITHER team have their training facility AT OR DIRECTLY ADJACENT to the New Stadium as the Giants had for years at Giant Stadium.

Since New Jersey was also providing infrastructure funding, there was an additional agreement that both training facilities had to be in New Jersey. Thus no Hofstra.

Mr Johnson, once again, did what he could for the State of New York by having the Jets summer training camp in Cortland, NY thus mitigating the loss of revenue to the State caused by Dishonorable Sheldon Silver, Speaker of the Assembly accepting huge bribes from the Dolans and Cablevision to vote down the WSS that Mr Johnson tried his damndest to get built[/QUOTE]
    Please answer the question. You just gave a recap of what transpired. Please again answer the question. Don't go off on a tangent.

[B]Why[/B] did the Jets care?