Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3526956]who cares[/QUOTE]
    enough already...you have at least 10% of the posts in this thread saying that over and over. Your opinion on the subject is duly noted.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Star Ledger going along with this also

[url]http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/03/giants_best_jets_in_coin_toss.html[/url]

FYI i post as brucetheboss

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Email address was a bust. Does anybody have the contact information for the NFL PR department (prefer email, but may need to go the phone route)?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsrush;3526953]The first game should have been the Jets vs Giants[/QUOTE]

missed it by 1 year but that woulda been ideal

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3526962]As many meaningless nonsense threads as there are here, you have a remarkable track record in being like, the second or third to post in them.

Perhaps being the thread poleez is your true calling.

Your world weariness and Mr. Sunshiney demeanor work well off eachother.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;3526966]please stop your personal attacks, 32 green

thank you[/QUOTE]

Please point out the personal attack :i_dont_kn

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    7 Home games to start the season while at Giants Stadium, btw 19 away starts! Not to unfair!! Almost 3 to 1. :steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3526966]please stop your personal attacks, 32 green

thank you[/QUOTE]

Man you dont sound so tough in that post.

:rolleyes:

Please, by all means, report me. the Mods are waiting with bated breath.

:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3526963]that is true when the topic is actually not total nonsense

on a topic such as this which IS total nonsense....

who cares?[/QUOTE]

Like some don't care what you are saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i'm woody I'm telling goodell we get to be @ the giants next season and save us a road game for this bull****.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=newjakecity;3526973]Email address was a bust. Does anybody have the contact information for the NFL PR department (prefer email, but may need to go the phone route)?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nfl.com/contact-us[/url]

You'll have to shorten up your response...

You on Twitter? Send something to this guy

[url]http://twitter.com/NFLprguy[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3526986][url]http://www.nfl.com/contact-us[/url]

You'll have to shorten up your response...

You on Twitter? Send something to this guy

[url]http://twitter.com/NFLprguy[/url][/QUOTE]

sent

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3526993]sent[/QUOTE]

Did you attach this?

[img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/crawful82/whisklogan.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3526995]Did you attach this?

[img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/crawful82/whisklogan.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

lol indeed i am not~!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3526807]Really, you'd rather root for the LA Jets?

At almost $2 billion, doesn't seem too cost effective.[/QUOTE]

Great then I can go

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=newjakecity;3526846][B]I feel very strongly about this. I sent this to the NFL and the Jets and am posting this on any board I am a member of.[/B]

I had intended to send this email a few weeks ago. Although I did not expect to actually be taken seriously, I was hoping that as a fan I could pleed my case just so you could hear both another side of the argument (in case the message had not gotten across before).

Although I will admit that I am far from unbiased in my sentiments, I have to say I think the Jets should be the ones to host the first regular season game at the new meadowlands stadium. Here are my reasons:

1) The last time the Jets opened at home was 2007. This was three years ago, meaning that if the Jets open up on the road again, it will be a minimum of four years between home openers (minimum of five if there is a lockout). A home opener is overdue.

2) Within the last ten years, the Jets have only opened at home four times. This means they've only opened at home 40% of the time. Consider that before the year 2000, the Jets only opened up at home four times previously since the move to the Meadowlands in 1984 (1989, 1991, 1993, 1999). When taking that account, the Jets have only opened up at home 30.7% of the time. Again, a home opener (and a true balance of home openers) is overdue.

3) I remember reading in the 90s a person who made the following comment about the old stadium(I'm paraphrasing): "Giants fans call the stadium Giants Stadium, whereas Jets fans call the stadium the Meadowlands. The name on the stadium says Giants Stadium so that is what it should be called." However the official name on the new stadium is "New Meadowlands Stadium" (temporary I know), but this has not stopped many people from calling the stadium the "New Giants Stadium" even though the Jets (and the fans like myself who are paying PSLs btw) the bill. Some do it with malice (such as Mike Francessca) whereas others do it out of carelessness (such as Howard David on Sirius NFL radio). If the Jets do not open the season at home, it will re-emphasize this even further. Put it this way, do you really think anybody will call it "Jets Stadium" if the Jets opened at home?

Again I know I'm looking at this from a biased stand point but to me there is only one argument the Giants have on their side in terms of why they should open and that is "The Jets closed out the old stadium". However, it is my contention that when the schedule was made it was assumed that the Giants would host a home playoff game (as they were super bowl contenders this time last year) and therefore the intention was they would host the last game anyway (a playoff game). The Jets should not be penalized because of this assumption.

I have to say that when I look at these arguments, I really can't see one solid reason the Jets should not open the year at home to christen the new stadium. I've always tried not to think about this, but it almost seems like the NFL holds the Giants organization and their fans in much higher regard than the Jets and their fans. The debacle that happened with last year's schedule (with the week 2 and 3 Giant games both being scheduled around the Jewish holidays, and the Jets not being extended that same courtesy) further adds to this perception.

I've now gotten word (I'm hoping is not true) that the NFL conducted the coin toss already without team officials present and the Jets lost. I have to say that considering the rumors the Giants were going to get the home opener anyway, I'm skeptical that there actually was a coin toss. If the Jets are to open 2010 on the road without at least a fair process to determine who opens at home (such as a coin toss that is witnessed by officials from both teams), than to me this will cement my opinion (and frankly the opinions of many others) that the NFL holds the Giants and their fans in higher regard. If this is the case, as a Jet fan:

-Why am I investing thousands of dollars in Personal Seat Licenses?
    -Why am I investing thousands of dollars in season tickets?
    -Why do I invest hundreds of dollars per year to watch the NFL and listen about the news (NFL Sunday Ticket, Sirius NFL Radio, etc)?
    -Why do I invest hundreds of dollars per year on NFL gear (jerseys, shirts, etc)?
    -Why do I invest time and effort in other activities involving the NFL (such as fantasy football)?
    -Why do I invest time and effort to watch games that don't involve the Jets or their rivals (such as watching a Bears-Packers game for instance) when there are other programs that I could be watching (or other activities not involving television I could be doing)?

Why am I doing all of this if you're making it clear that you don't think as highly of me as you do a Giants fan in a similar position? And given this, why should I continue to support a league that takes any of its fans for granted (and not simply cash out the PSLs and move on to another league or sport)?

BTW, I'm posting a copy of this on all Jets message boards and sending out an email to as many people as I can. If you really want to make it clear that the Jets and their fans are held in the same regard that you hold Giants fans, I strongly urge you to reconsider.[/QUOTE]

Great post my man and I couldn't agree more. I'm with you on this 110%.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3526804]I can understand Woody's outrage over not having a Rep...I would be too. I'm merely commenting on the stadium situation itself...it is not Giants stadium. Anyone who is a younger sibling took a beating from their older brother and his friends...eventually though, the younger kid grows up and moves on. Jet fans just won't grow up, though.[/QUOTE]

You still live in the same room with your big brother?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3526909]I'm disappointed we lost the coin toss, sure, but it's especially ridiculous and childish when people start turning out all of these bull**** conspiracy theories about how the league is screwing them.

It's crybaby antics like that that give Jets fans a bad name.

We had a toss, we lost, it sucks, but time to move on.[/QUOTE]

VenOm, I made a $100 bet with you and you lost. Just trust me on this one. I'll send my mailing address by PM. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was it like a double secret probation???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3526714]Shocker.[/QUOTE]

something tells me it was so secret the Jets were not even there when the coin was flipped..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=newjakecity;3526973]Email address was a bust. Does anybody have the contact information for the NFL PR department (prefer email, but may need to go the phone route)?[/QUOTE]

280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
    212/450-2000
    FAX: 212/681-7573
    NFL staff members can be reached via-email by [email]first.last@nfl.com[/email].
    Example: [email]joe.browne@nfl.com[/email]

JOE BROWNE, Executive Vice President of Communications & Public Affairs
    GREG AIELLO, Senior Vice President of Public Relations