Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;3527087][B][U]Repsonse[/U][/B]
    Sanjay: Thank you for contacting us. This issue already has been resolved and we expect to announce it in the next few hours. We appreciate your interest[/QUOTE]

Very interesting.

Thank you sir

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK JW, I'll stop

let me know when this topic dies out from lack of interest

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gee, what are we going to hear? That both teams will play at home Week 1? Still doesn't make me happy or settle **** unless we're the first team playing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527092]Oh gee, what are we going to hear? That both teams will play at home Week 1? Still doesn't make me happy or settle **** unless we're the first team playing.[/QUOTE]

Yea wasn't exactly thrilled :(, but figured I would post it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;3527087]
    [B][U]Repsonse[/U][/B]
    Sanjay: Thank you for contacting us. [B]This issue already has been resolved and we expect to announce it in the next few hours. [/B]We appreciate your interest.

...[/QUOTE]
    hmm, that's interesting, perhaps they appeased the woodster somehow?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure that he's saying, "This situation has already been resolved. The Giants are opening at home based on the coin toss. That's the decision."

I guess we'll know soon enough but I'm pretty sure that what's been leaked is what we're going to officially hear.

Here's the kicker, if the VaGiants are opening up during the day that's fine if we get the MNF game because the real prize with this stadium is the light show right? You're not gonna see the light show on Sunday afternoon. That stadium was built for the night game. Showcasing (headlining if you will) the stadium on National TV in week 1 at night would be better than just being the first to play in it. However, opening up on the road again... that's just unacceptable and I hope that Goodell really isn't that stupid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3527096]hmm, that's interesting, perhaps they appeased the woodster somehow?[/QUOTE]

Let's hope...

On another note whoever came up with that MNF idea I think it was brilliant and if I remembered who it was specifically I would have given you credit lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I predict Giants Thursday night opener national spotlight, Jets 1pm roasting start on Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527091]OK JW, I'll stop

let me know when this topic dies out from [B]lack of interest[/B][/QUOTE]

like your posts in this thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3527101]I predict Giants Thursday night opener national spotlight, Jets 1pm roasting start on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Those bastids I was hoping we would get the Monday Night opener and get the national spotlight while they got the "official opening":D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;3527105]Those bastids I was hoping we would get the Monday Night opener and get the national spotlight while they got the "official opening":D[/QUOTE]
    I've been wrong before

...once I think

... :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure the Saints will be at home for the Thursday Night Game.

I mentioned that the Jets should play the Vikings on Sunday Night Football, the two Conference Championship runner ups. It's perfect, you have every freaking angle possible to play up with Brett, the Jets, Sanchez, LT, falling short of the Super Bowl, matchup of what could have been... all of it! Give the VaGiants the MNF game vs the Cowboys or something, they love playing on Monday Night. We get first game dibs and we both showcase at night on prime time. That's the best solution for all involved. Plus the Jets have gotten really crappy national game appearances too.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really a big deal as to who opens? We got to close out their stadium last year. If they really want to cry about it, let the Giants open the stadium. I kinda figured this was gonna be a problem. I'm sure the Giants love the status they have around NY and would die if the Jets become the number one team here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3527112]I'm pretty sure the Saints will be at home for the Thursday Night Game.

I mentioned that the Jets should play the Vikings on Sunday Night Football, the two Conference Championship runner ups. It's perfect, you have every freaking angle possible to play up with Brett, the Jets, Sanchez, LT, falling short of the Super Bowl, matchup of what could have been... all of it! Give the VaGiants the MNF game vs the Cowboys or something, they love playing on Monday Night. We get first game dibs and we both showcase at night on prime time. That's the best solution for all involved. Plus the Jets have gotten really crappy national game appearances too.[/QUOTE]
    that would be a perfect game, you're right :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3526821]I don't care who opens the stadium. I'm just tired of the Jets always opening the season on the road.[/QUOTE]

+1 If the league had any common sense the Jets and giants would alternate years opening at home.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last few years there have been 2 Monday night football games opening week - a West Coast and East Coast game - shouldn't be too hard to have one of the teams play on Sunday then the other on Mon pm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3526714]Shocker.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Woody can complain to himself. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3527101]I predict Giants Thursday night opener national spotlight, Jets 1pm roasting start on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

SB Champs play on Thursday night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3527138]SB Champs play on Thursday night.[/QUOTE]
    ok, so this was the second time I was wrong :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3527141]ok, so this was the second time I was wrong :D[/QUOTE]

The best bet of both teams playing at home week 1 is for the Giants to play the 1 pm game on Sunday and the Jets playing the 7:30 pm game Monday Night.

Remember, the MNF game week 1 is a double header (assuming they follow the last 3 years).

That's if the Giants get to open 1st.