Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now the giants fans are having a great time at our expense over at their BBI forum. Apparently they are reading our posts here at JI and having a blast. Check it out;

[url]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=369510&thread_page=1[/url]

here is one from some genius named lalalala

[I]"I love it. lol. if the Jets don't like it, they can revoke their funding and play in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot"[/I]
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3527216]Yeah, well maybe the Mets should have to share a ballpark with the Yankees because the city shouldn't have one for each team.[/QUOTE]

The logistics of 162 games and 16 is a tad different, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the reason the Mets and Yankees got stadia in NYC is that the Dolans only cared about their monopoly in Manhattan and thus the Dishonorable Crook Sheldon Silver only took millions in bribes from them to singlehandedly vote down the WSS

Interesting, he is also responsible for the Pit still being mostly a vacant empty hole nearly 9 years later as it is his district and I assume not enough bribes have been paid to him to get the rebuilding projects moving at any sort of meaningful pace

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527234]the reason the Mets and Yankees got stadia in NYC is that the Dolans only cared about their monopoly in Manhattan and thus the Dishonorable Crook Sheldon Silver only took millions in bribes from them to singlehandedly vote down the WSS

Interesting, he is also responsible for the Pit still being mostly a vacant empty hole nearly 9 years later as it is his district and I assume not enough bribes have been paid to him to get the rebuilding projects moving at any sort of meaningful pace[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;3527076]who cares[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why do we care who opens it up. We closed out the old stadium in style, made a run at the big game and came up short. Are you telling me that if we open on the road and have a great season it still doesn't matter?

I always liked opening up on the road. Takes pressure off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    So which team really opens the new Meadowlands with the first pre-season game or will they use the same secret "two headed coin" for that toss too? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3527240]why do we care who opens it up. We closed out the old stadium in style, made a run at the big game and came up short. Are you telling me that if we open on the road and have a great season it still doesn't matter?

I always liked opening up on the road. Takes pressure off.[/QUOTE]

true as do I but it's just the whole cloak and daggar coin-toss bull**** that annoys me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3527239]:yes:[/QUOTE]

kindly take a hike, troll

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3527150]No, and I'm no longer sniveling over his teasing, either.

I seriously can't believe anyone thinks two 70,000 seat stadiums in the same area is a good idea, simply for the sake of hurt feelings. 16 games a year in the same city...yeah, let's build two!![/QUOTE]

I would contend that the City of New York/Tri-State Area could afford (market wise) to support a stadium in New Jersey (Giants) and one in New York (Jets) far better than most NFL markets can afford ONE Stadium.

I continue to contend it is an embarassment, a dark wound to image and presitige and reputation, to be the only franchise in NFL History never to own/play in their own stadium.

Opinions are free to differ, of course, but thats how I feel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quit whining, whiners.[QUOTE=BobGlauber]Breaking: Giants and Jets to play at home on opening weekend. Giants on Sunday, Jets on Monday. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527247]kindly take a hike, troll[/QUOTE]

LMAO...who's been the troll on THIS thread Skippy?

And, Warfish nailed it ^^^^

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3527249]I would contend that the City of New York/Tri-State Area could afford (market wise) to support a stadium in New Jersey (Giants) and one in New York (Jets) far better than most NFL markets can afford ONE Stadium.

I continue to contend it is an embarassment, a dark wound to image and presitige and reputation, to be the only franchise in NFL History never to own/play in their own stadium.

Opinions are free to differ, of course, but thats how I feel.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they could...but that doesn't answer the question if they should.

I can afford to have another car in the driveway better than some...should I have one parked in the driveway that I rarely drive because my son cries and begs for it?
    Last edited by OrangeJet; 03-15-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Glauber.

[quote]Jets will open preseason[/quote]

Who cares.

And the big one.

[quote]Giants and Jets to play at home on opening weekend. Giants on Sunday, Jets on Monday[/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dearest Vinny,

JKY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3527222]Right now the giants fans are having a great time at our expense over at their BBI forum. Apparently they are reading our posts here at JI and having a blast. Check it out;

[url]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=369510&thread_page=1[/url]

[I]"I love it. lol. if the Jets don't like it, they can revoke their funding and play in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot"[/I][/QUOTE]

They thought my quotes were good. Almost as funny as their website design.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527259]Dearest Vinny,

JKY[/QUOTE]

YAFDAMFCSF.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3527222]Right now the giants fans are having a great time at our expense over at their BBI forum. Apparently they are reading our posts here at JI and having a blast. Check it out;

[I]"I love it. lol. if the Jets don't like it, they can revoke their funding and play in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot"[/I][/QUOTE]

At the time, I hated that Woody settled for this deal (and not tried to get something elsewhere like in Queens or Westchester), but I tried to rationalize it and eventually made peace with it.

The events of today and the reaction of Giant fans are bringing all back the problems I had with this move in the first place. Right now I'm so mad that I hope there is a lockout in 2011 and the whole lot of them go bankrupt.

I'm sure that last part I'll calm down on and take back, but this is unacceptable and I honestly don't see how any Jet fan (knowing how rare it is for the Jets to open at home) can be happy with this (or even rationalize with the "it doesn't matter" attitude).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3527254]Quit whining, whiners.[/QUOTE]

If true, surely the Jets are second class because the Giants get Sunday...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Glauber on Twitter

[QUOTE]Breaking: Giants and Jets to play at home on opening weekend. Giants on Sunday, Jets on Monday. Makes sense. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Jets to open preseason at new stadium. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://twitter.com/BobGlauber[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take it. We open the Preseason and we open on MNF BABY!!!

And guess what? During the owners meetings March 21-24th, the NFL releases the Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday Night match-ups for Week 1, as well as any Thankgiving or Xmas games.

SO, in the next 10 days, we shall know who we host Week 1 on MNF.