Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet]

The Jets badly wanted to host the game and have taken note of the fact that [B]the Giants have played in the season-opener at the old Giants Stadium in 12 of the past 16 seasons
    [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

That's the issue!

Jets Insider VIP
    Hosed again. Second class citizens again. What a joke. Woody you idiot. why? why?

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously, children

stop the madness

Nah, I'm pissed and I'm gonna voice it.

Jets Insider VIP

Here is the real issue

[QUOTE=C Mart;3526894]That's the issue![/QUOTE]

The Gaints won a "secret" coin toss at the league office on Monday morning to determine who would host the first regular-season game ever at the new Meadowlands stadium and Jets owner Woody Johnson is said to be livid because the team didn't have any representation there.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3526871]by your standard, none of this should matter-its only sports.

we will move on, but fans that understand their team's history care. Good fans are passionate. And thus, they care.

Please don't pretend like your above it all when you spend considerable time posting on a jets forum.[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed we lost the coin toss, sure, but it's especially ridiculous and childish when people start turning out all of these bull**** conspiracy theories about how the league is screwing them.

It's crybaby antics like that that give Jets fans a bad name.

We had a toss, we lost, it sucks, but time to move on.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-15-2010 at 02:31 PM.

[QUOTE=32green;3526841]Not that there's anything [I][B]wrong[/B][/I] with that.[/QUOTE]

Complete accident :eek:

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3526908]The Gaints won a "secret" coin toss at the league office on Monday morning to determine who would host the first regular-season game ever at the new Meadowlands stadium and Jets owner Woody Johnson is said to be livid because the team didn't have any representation there.[/QUOTE]

LOL...Because of the Giants opening at home 12 of the last 16 years...I think they go hand in hand

Jets Insider VIP
    there are really good things to discuss

free agent moves

the draft

the completion of the new stadium

and then there is this horse---- about whether we play a game there on September 12 or do we have to wait ALL THE WAY UNTIL September 19

just dumb

Also, 4 of the last 6 Super Bowl Champions have opened at home.

[QUOTE=sg3;3526913]there are really good things to discuss

free agent moves

the draft

the completion of the new stadium

and then there is this horse---- about whether we play a game there on September 12 or do we have to wait ALL THE WAY UNTIL September 19

just dumb[/QUOTE]

Then don't come in this thread anymore.

Who is the dumb one

Jets Insider VIP
    wow

that is great

so if the Browns, the Lions and the Rams open at home this year there is almost a certainty that one of the three of them will be winning that Superbowl in Dallas

totally meaningless nonsense

Jets Insider VIP
    someone has to provide a voice of reason amongst all this nonsense about the GREAT FIRST HOME GAME crisis of 2010

Is this is true, why was the coin toss a secret? It would have been a rather entertaining P.R. move to do it at the site of the new stadium. Woody, Mara, maybe Sanchez and Eli could be there too, and some TV cameras.

I don't think there was a coin toss. I think the whole thing was fabricated and it was decided that the Giants would host the first game a long time ago.

[QUOTE=sg3;3526921]someone has to provide a voice of reason amongst all this nonsense about the GREAT FIRST HOME GAME crisis of 2010[/QUOTE]

No. You're just trolling.

Please vacate.

Woody Johnson is outraged because the team had no representation at the coin flip.

Coin Flip Gate.

did it occur to anyone that maybe the reason the giants get the first home game is b/c the jets got the last game in the old stadium?

then factor in how the respective teams played in their last home game in the old stadium.

Jets got last game in old stadium

maybe this factored into it.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm so glad we lost the toss. Thank you Commissioner Goodell for not subjecting us to a stupid night game in week one

Sunday, a sunny one o'clock game in week two

perfect

Jets Insider VIP
    please god, not another thread about this totall b-s topic of game one and the coin toss... Isn't one meaningless nonsense thread on this topic enough