Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Schedule a preseason game Jets vs. Giants, winner gets the opening game. Or Rex vs. Coughlin in the octagon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3527016]Schedule a preseason game Jets vs. Giants, winner gets the opening game. Or Rex vs. Coughlin in the octagon.[/QUOTE]

Giants/Jets will probably be Week 3 of Preseason as usual and this year the Jets are host team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3527006]something tells me it was so secret the Jets were not even there when the coin was flipped..[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Just heard that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3527006]something tells me it was so secret the Jets were not even there when the coin was flipped..[/QUOTE]

Its not a surprise. The Giants entire ownership brass was probably in attendance as they had a nice steak lunch, discussing how Woody and the Jets are fools.

This pisses me off. There is absoultely ZERO sex appeal to the Giants opening up this stadium.

#1 - The Jets had the better year in 2009.
    #2 - The Jets have the NFL's best defense.
    #3 - The Jets have owned the headlines in NY 2008-present, and are being talked about now more than ever before than the Giants.
    #4 - The Giants laid a flat egg last December, showing their true colors. 5-0 start and SUCKED the remainder of the season.
    #5 - 80-90% of the Giants fan base is 16 and younger or 70 and older.. they'll all be sleeping either at home or in their seats at the stadium by the time that Week 1 SNF or MNF game kicks off!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3527003]VenOm, I made a $100 bet with you and you lost. Just trust me on this one. I'll send my mailing address by PM. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+10000 Thank you

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

It was so secret that the Jets were tails and tails wasn't even on the coin that was flipped.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    well.. no matter who gets the first home game at the stadium, it's pretty much a given that we'll have the first home win..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that article said that Goodell decides the opener, not a coin toss and no one has commented on this publicly other than Cimini stirring up some BS... so it's possible that this isn't decided yet. I'll tell you now though, if Goodell is indeed deciding the opener then he needs to do the right thing and have the Jets open the season at home. There's no logical reason for this not to happen if he's deciding. Jets are more popular right now, with a young QB that they are selling to women as the next sexy QB in the league, they were in the AFC Championship Game, just signed LT... oh yeah, and the Vagiants open up at home 12 out of 16 seasons and 3 in a row. Damn it this has to stop. And I swear, I'm really getting tired of playing the Patriots in Week 2 all the time. It's too important a game to have at the very beginning of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3527029]Its not a surprise. The Giants entire ownership brass was probably in attendance as they had a nice steak lunch, discussing how Woody and the Jets are fools.

This pisses me off. There is absoultely ZERO sex appeal to the Giants opening up this stadium.

#1 - The Jets had the better year in 2009.
    #2 - The Jets have the NFL's best defense.
    #3 - The Jets have owned the headlines in NY 2008-present, and are being talked about now more than ever before than the Giants.
    #4 - The Giants laid a flat egg last December, showing their true colors. 5-0 start and SUCKED the remainder of the season.
    #5 - 80-90% of the Giants fan base is 16 and younger or 70 and older.. they'll all be sleeping either at home or in their seats at the stadium by the time that Week 1 SNF or MNF game kicks off![/QUOTE]

But look at it this way, 230, the Giants have the opportunity to get humiliated when then open the new stadium.

That would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

The Giants get blown out in their last game at Giant Stadium and get blown out in the first game at the new stadium. There couldn't be a better script than that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are we all arguing..

for who gets to play in the first game at the new stadium, when it doesnt even have a name yet?

new meadowlands stadium?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3527032]It was so secret that the Jets were tails and tails wasn't even on the coin that was flipped.[/QUOTE]

2 headed coin

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3527034]Well that article said that Goodell decides the opener, not a coin toss and no one has commented on this publicly other than Cimini stirring up some BS... so it's possible that this isn't decided yet. I'll tell you now though, if Goodell is indeed deciding the opener then he needs to do the right thing and have the Jets open the season at home. There's no logical reason for this not to happen if he's deciding. Jets are more popular right now, with a young QB that they are selling to women as the next sexy QB in the league, they were in the AFC Championship Game, just signed LT... oh yeah, and the Vagiants open up at home 12 out of 16 seasons and 3 in a row. Damn it this has to stop. And I swear, I'm really getting tired of playing the Patriots in Week 2 all the time. It's too important a game to have at the very beginning of the season.[/QUOTE]

5 in a row from 94-98!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We ran out of Skoal :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can have the first game this season. We'll play the last one in January...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=davel138;3527038]5 in a row from 94-98!![/QUOTE]

Seriously... this is a big f'n slap in the face. There shouldn't even be a coin flip. Do the right thing Goodell!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Giants get the first game, lets protest by blocking the gates to get in!!!!! just joking but how funny would that be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3527046]If the Giants get the first game, lets protest by blocking the gates to get in!!!!! just joking but how funny would that be.[/QUOTE]

LMAO... that would be funny as hell but might incite a riot. Taking over the parking lots and tailgating anyway like it's a home game would be funny too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    who cares

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527076]who cares[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetswin;3526971]enough already...you have at least 10% of the posts in this thread saying that over and over. Your opinion on the subject is duly noted.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Emailed Greg Aiello (for the record he was very quick in responding and I have to appreciate the promptness)

Hello Mr. Aiello and Mr. Browne,

My name is Sanjay Mohan and I am an avid Jets fan. I recently have become aware of the growing distress in our fanbase over the opening of the new stadium we will be sharing with Giants. Although a coin flip is a step in the right direction, one of my fellow fans offered a better solution: have one team have the regular season opener in the stadium and have the other open the game for Monday Night Football. I would personally prefer the Monday Night opener, but I leave this to yours and Mr. Goodell's discretion as I obviously am not representative of the entire New York Jet's fanbase. I hope that you will take this into consideration and all the best as you continue preparing for the 2010 NFL season.

Sincerely,
    Sanjay Mohan

[B][U]Repsonse[/U][/B]
    Sanjay: Thank you for contacting us. This issue already has been resolved and we expect to announce it in the next few hours. We appreciate your interest.

Idk whether this makes people happy, but hey it's something...