Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stadium Opener/Sham Coin Toss thread (merged)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3526795]NFL should just schedule both NY teams home games the 1st week. One plays Sunday the other Monday night.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea, except the NFL may well want the Stadium to have a week to rectify any issues that may become apparent after the opener. 24 hours to make corrections is not a lot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3526735]woody sorry but this is what we get because you decided to bend over and share a stadium YET AGAIN with the Giants. [B]Pull out, move to LA please[/B].[/QUOTE]

Really, you'd rather root for the LA Jets?

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3526792]2 stadiums are not needed in the area. [B]One is more cost effective[/B]. Jet fans just need to stop sniveling and feeling like the red-headed step child of the league. The new stadium is just as much Jets as it is Giants. The crying is embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

At almost $2 billion, doesn't seem too cost effective.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3526801]I have a friend who works for NBC sports and does the Sunday night games for the NFL. He told me that no matter who has the game they are doing the Sunday night game at the new stadium for week 1 and the "rumor" around NBC is that the other team will have the Monday night game the same week (creating a nightmare for NBC & ESPN getting set up and striking down).

Assuming this rumor turns out to be true, don't we already know who our MNF opponent is? Was it the Pats?

Does this make anyone feel better if we have the first MNF game at the stadium?[/QUOTE]

If we're opening up no the road again I'll be pissed off. It's not fair, plain and simple. If they get the first game in the stadium and we get the Monday Night game then I would feel better about it. But for the Jets to play on the road AGAIN to open the season then I just can't imagine how that's been fair to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cornjulio21;3526805]That's a good idea, except the NFL may well want the Stadium to have a week to rectify any issues that may become apparent after the opener. 24 hours to make corrections is not a lot.[/QUOTE]

They'll have a month of preseason games to work out any kinks. I know they may not be 100% capacity but close enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3526807]Really, you'd rather root for the LA Jets?

At almost $2 billion, doesn't seem too cost effective.[/QUOTE]

So, how much would 2 cost? Are you saying less?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that matters is the Lombardi Trophy and who has more. Giants up over us by 2, we have some catching up to do and it is no small task, lets start with the Division.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3526807]Really, you'd rather root for the LA Jets?

At almost $2 billion, doesn't seem too cost effective.[/QUOTE]

Step your game up slim. I know it's a slow news day but bashing us for not having the first home game is weak -- even for you. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a non issue. If there was a coin toss was it rigged?
    They both play 8 games there in the regular season.
    Frankly, the Giants have been around 30+ more years than the Jets, have been way more successful and have been in NJ a lot longer.
    On paper, they should open the new facility. If Woody and Mara want, they should have a coin toss between them and notify Goodell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3526804]I can understand Woody's outrage over not having a Rep...I would be too. I'm merely commenting on the stadium situation itself...it is not Giants stadium. Anyone who is a younger sibling took a beating from their older brother and his friends...eventually though, the younger kid grows up and moves on. Jet fans just won't grow up, though.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the younger brother eventually grow up and move out of his parents house? Just sayin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at it this way, in 30 or 40 years they'll probably let the Jets close the stadium for the new one that will go in.

sorry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3526816]This is a non issue. If there was a coin toss was it rigged?
    They both play 8 games there in the regular season.
    Frankly, the Giants have been around 30+ more years than the Jets, have been way more successful and have been in NJ a lot longer.
    On paper, they should open the new facility. If Woody and Mara want, they should have a coin toss between them and notify Goodell.[/QUOTE]

I don't care who opens the stadium. I'm just tired of the Jets always opening the season on the road.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3526817]Doesn't the younger brother eventually grow up and move out of his parents house? Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

I already addressed the 2 stadium thing. It is absolutely STUPID to have 2 football stadiums in the same area. Especially since the only reason is so that Jet fans can stop feeling abused.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3526792]2 stadiums are not needed in the area. One is more cost effective. Jet fans just need to stop sniveling and feeling like the red-headed step child of the league. The new stadium is just as much Jets as it is Giants. The crying is embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

if you are going to go by "whats needed" then this new stadium was certainly not [I]necessary.[/I]

If you have a good understanding of the Jets' history then you would realize the frustration. I am not one to drudge up the past as an explaination for any on-field issues of the team but this stadium issue dove tails into other areas.

The late Leon Hess may have been a wonderful man but he was an awful NFL owner. His move from Shea to the meadowlands was a disgrace. He ran the team like a joke for the vast majority of his time as owner. None of that has anything to do with the giants; its the jets fault. But now the Jets have gotten their act together based on last season, they deserved to open the stadium. It would have been a nice way for the NFL to show the fans, media and the league that the Jets are finally in a situation that is pretty close to even. Instead the NFL gave a big, wet kiss to the Giants organization and their fans.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-15-2010 at 12:54 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3526824]if you are going to go by "whats needed" then this new stadium was certainly not [I]necessary.[/I]

If you have a good understanding of the Jets' history then you would realize the frustration. I am not one to drudge up the past as an explaination for any on-field issues of the team but this stadium issue dove tails into other areas.

The late Leon Hess may have been a wonderful man but he was an awful NFL owner. His move from Shea to the meadowlands was a disgrace. He ran the team like a joke for the vast majority of his time as owner. None of that has anything to do with the giants; its the jets fault. But now the Jets have gotten their act together based on last season, they deserved to open the stadium. It would have been a nice way for the NFL to show the fans, media and the league that the Jets are finally in a situation that is pretty close to even. Instead the NFL gave a big, wet kiss to the Giants organization and their fans.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And I'm not going to even bring up the fact that neither team actually plays in NY. There's more to it than just people being cry babies.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3526815]Step your game up slim. I know it's a slow news day but bashing us for not having the first home game is weak -- even for you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lighten up guy. I responded to a post that beseeched Woody to move to LA, and calling the joint "cost-effective" is a bit of a misnomer, no?

Don't see any bashing here. Move along.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is IMO the dumbest NON ISSUE ever discussed here at JI at least since I have posted here.

Who gives a F

Let the Giants have week one

I'd rather have Week TWENTY any day

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3526824]if you are going to go by "whats needed" then this new stadium was certainly not [I]necessary.[/I]

The late Leon Hess may have been a wonderful man but he was an awful NFL owner. His move from Shea to the meadowlands was a disgrace. He ran the team like a joke for the vast majority of his time as owner. None of that has anything to do with the giants; its the jets fault. But now the Jets have gotten their act together based on last season, they deserved to open the stadium. It would have been a nice way for the NFL to show the fans, media and the league that the Jets are finally in a situation that is pretty close to even. Instead the NFL gave a big, wet kiss to the Giants organization and their fans.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue the lack of necessity to the new stadium.

Weren't the Jets treated like crap at Shea? Other than the name on the concrete, it seemed the meadowlands was a better move. I could be wrong on that...but the point is, the Jets are equal partners in this stadium right now. If this coin flip thing is true...I agree, it's BS, and woody has a right to be pissed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This wreaks of shenanigans, but I don't care. It makes no difference to me who plays the 1st game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3526831]Lighten up guy. I responded to a post that beseeched Woody to move to LA, and calling the joint "cost-effective" is a bit of a misnomer, no?

Don't see any bashing here. Move along.[/QUOTE]

Wesker doesn't beseech... he demands.

and I think you need to lighten up Veronica... I was only playin'.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3526837]Wesker doesn't beseech... he demands.

and I think you need to lighten up Veronica... I was only playin'.[/QUOTE]

k...Archie....missed the nuance with no cutsie smiley thingy.