Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Need to Address the Defensive Line

Banned
    DL is always a need. A DL can very quickly go from elite to nothing. Just look at the Patriots and Panthers - both teams had top 5 D-lines up until 2 years ago now their lines are swiss cheese. Our DL overachieved last season it's assuming alot that they can continue to do that.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3529362]Pouha's a solid backup NT with a long injury history.

Also, I think our pass rush is on the roster in the form of Pace and the young guys Gholston and Westerman. Pass rush isn't an individual in these Ds, and that's why they work.[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he has any recent injury history. He has played in every game the last 3 seasons straight. I think he is an average starter and a great backup. I am however all in favor off picking up a DL player in the 1st if the coach thinks he is the BPA.
    Last edited by FakterX; 03-20-2010 at 07:01 PM.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532734]DL is always a need. A DL can very quickly go from elite to nothing. Just look at the Patriots and Panthers - both teams had top 5 D-lines up until 2 years ago now their lines are swiss cheese. Our DL overachieved last season it's assuming alot that they can continue to do that.[/QUOTE]

+1

Trusting on UDFA and such to be the core of our future DL doesn't make any sense to me. I'd much rather Rex get his big DL sooner rather than later. I really hope we land Cody in the first.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3532845]+1

Trusting on UDFA and such to be the core of our future DL doesn't make any sense to me. I'd much rather Rex get his big DL sooner rather than later. I really hope we land Cody in the first.[/QUOTE]

B-but Cody can't run the 40 good.:rolleyes: