Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think LT will be motivated?

Think LT will be motivated?

I've been listening to the radio since he signed and everyone thinks he's done. I hope this lights a fire in his belly to prove the doubters wrong.

If anyone can do it, Rex can.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://barbequethministry.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/norv-turner1.jpg[/IMG]

LT needs no motivation. He just needs to stop being demotivated by the white Herman Edwards.

SAR I

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527865][IMG]http://barbequethministry.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/norv-turner1.jpg[/IMG]

LT needs no motivation. He just needs to stop being demotivated by the white Herman Edwards.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Holy Sh!t That's comedy.

Thanks SAR, I needed that.

Jets Insider VIP
    all of the radio jackasses agree --- LT is done, the jets should have paid Thomas Two Yards to stay instead

the good news is that all the radio jackasses agreed the Jets would only win about 6 games last year with a rookie coach and a rookie quarterback and all.

Motivation is no replacement for MOJO. The guy is firing blanks.

All League
    I think we got LT in the perfect situation, he has everything to prove right now. The comparison between his signing and Emmit's and Rices is they already had there ring and all LT wants is a ring.I just got that feeling and I would not bet against this guy for not accomplishing his goal and that is to bring home the trophy..

Pretty sure people have been saying that about him for more than a season....and he hasn't done much to prove them wrong...

All League
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3527991]I hope LT keeps a copy of every negative comment regarding this move to the Jets, cause after this season a lot of people will owe him an engraved apology

Signed,
    Apollo Creed[/QUOTE]

He's got to get the Eye of the Tiger back!

I think the fact that SD used/abused then threw him away will be motivation enough. He is going to try to rub it in their face!

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3527954]all of the radio jackasses agree --- LT is done, the jets should have paid Thomas Two Yards to stay instead

the good news is that all the radio jackasses agreed the Jets would only win about 6 games last year with a rookie coach and a rookie quarterback and all.[/QUOTE]

don't you mean Thomas Four Plus Yards?

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3527991]I hope LT keeps a copy of every negative comment regarding this move to the Jets, cause after this season a lot of people will owe him an engraved apology

Signed,
    Apollo Creed[/QUOTE]

Nice touch ham, LOL...and may I add "There IS no Tomorrow!" :D

Jets Insider VIP
    90 percent or more of his carries -- two yards or less

100 percent of his attempts to go outside - worse than that

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527865][IMG]http://barbequethministry.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/norv-turner1.jpg[/IMG]

being demotivated by the white Herman Edwards.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Hall Of Fame
    dude i'm motivated for him. welcome to nj & ny, home of the ignorant but agressive regardless (it's kinda like throwing darts). This is how it goes sometimes. maybe it's simply a form of motivation..how some coaches are in your face and/or will ride ya and some are more laid back and teacherlike. i don't blame any of us; it's a big move but it's upside, i feel, is better than it's downside in my view.

Jets Insider VIP
    A big part of LT's success is going to be from the lack of expectations.

This is not b/c he is finished. This is b/c here, in this situation, no one is expecting much. The Jets did not sign the LT of old, nor did they want to. They simply wanted a veteran backup RB, good at short yardage and in the redzone, and versatile to catch and throw.

That's what they are getting. They don't need, or expect, LT to run for 2,000 yards. That was the issue in San Diego. When you set the bar as high as he did, people never really accept less after that.

Here, we have the perfect mix of a better situation, and lower expectations. Great signing in mho.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq-videos/09000d5d816f7d86/Tomlinson-s-impact-on-Jets[/url]

[QUOTE=loluchka80;3528007]don't you mean Thomas Four Plus Yards?[/QUOTE]

Anyone who actually watched the Jets games knows that more often than not TJ was 2+ yards for most of the game then would break a long run or two that padded the stats. The truth of the matter is he really wasn't that effective when the defense was fresh and in the game (our O-Line did more to wear out the defenses than TJ ever did). Greene on the other hand would come into the game at anytime and just flat out run guys over and move the pile.

Here's the bottom line regarding LT VS TJ

I have seen EVERY NY JET game. There is no doubt in my mind that TJ was a product of the Jets Oline & the multitude of carries he had.
    In Fact, go back & look at his long runs last year against Houston, Buffalo ect.

He wasn't even touched AND he didn't even have to make a move other than one cut to the outside & he was GONE!

Like SAR used to say about Curtis, he was a compiler. In 2007 with a bad Oline, TJ was horrendous, in fact, I wanted the Jets to get rid of him.

LT can catch out of the backfield, and I believe with this Oline he'll have way more cracks to run through than he did last year in San Diego. Plus he can still make people miss which is soemthing TJ could never do.

All the naysayers will be eating their words when they get to see TJ behind that line in KC and LT behind the Oline in NY. NIGHT & DAY.

Exactly the point I've been trying to get across but I keep forgetting.

TJ in 2007 was a complete and utter waste! Barely broke 1000 yards with a 3.8YPC if I remember correctly and it took him 16 F'N WEEKS to get a rushing TD to bring his season to a resounding..... one rushing touchdown. He was pathetic and it was painful to watch.

Anyone that wants to write off LT and praise TJ without realizing how important the OLine was to TJ and LT respectively is just unwilling to use logic within their reasoning. So TJ can have a resurrected career after such a sh!tty year in 2007 following gaping holes for respectable numbers for two straight years but LT is done? Sorry, doesn't work that way. And RB's as good as LT aren't done before they hit 30, which is what most would be suggesting since he's been sub par for 2 years which coincidentally matches up with Norv Turner's HC hiring and Phillip Rivers rise to the top 5 in passing stats.