Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think LT will be motivated?

All League
    [QUOTE=jetster;3528313]Here's the bottom line regarding LT VS TJ

I have seen EVERY NY JET game. There is no doubt in my mind that TJ was a product of the Jets Oline & the multitude of carries he had.
    In Fact, go back & look at his long runs last year against Houston, Buffalo ect.

He wasn't even touched AND he didn't even have to make a move other than one cut to the outside & he was GONE!

Like SAR used to say about Curtis, he was a compiler. In 2007 with a bad Oline, TJ was horrendous, in fact, I wanted the Jets to get rid of him.

LT can catch out of the backfield, and I believe with this Oline he'll have way more cracks to run through than he did last year in San Diego. Plus he can still make people miss which is soemthing TJ could never do.

All the naysayers will be eating their words when they get to see TJ behind that line in KC and LT behind the Oline in NY. NIGHT & DAY.[/QUOTE]

Kind of feel bad that TJ has to find holes behind that line..

[QUOTE=jets80;3528387]Kind of feel bad that TJ has to find holes behind that line..[/QUOTE]

This is one of those moves that for the life of me I can't understand what Scott Pioli is thinking?
    TJ never had enough wiggle to make anyone miss. He is a runner that gets what he can & he's going down.

While looking at whats going on in Patsyland lately, I'm starting to realize that the entire Pats organization just got lucky on that fateful day that lucked out & picked that lanky nobody out of Michigan in the 6th round.

Amazing what a great QB can do for your team. Brady made everyone look like geniuses over there. Even getting Moss was because of Tom Brady.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3527865][IMG]http://barbequethministry.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/norv-turner1.jpg[/IMG]

LT needs no motivation. He just needs to stop being demotivated by the white Herman Edwards.

SAR I[/QUOTE]He's got 3 rings!

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3527991]I hope LT keeps a copy of every negative comment regarding this move to the Jets, cause after this season a lot of people will owe him an engraved apology

Signed,
    Apollo Creed[/QUOTE]
    :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

I think it needs to be pointed out that Darren Sproles (Mr. Speedy and the heir apparent to LT) had a $hitty 3.7 avg. So not for nothing I think the majority of the blame can go on their system and line.

He did well on the phone presser

I'm looking at what they NY Post and Daily News are putting out and it's the same thing the radio talk show hosts are saying "LT's done", "Jones was a leader", "the Jets are being cheap", etc. It's as if they believe that Tannenbaum makes decisions like Dan Snyder or Al Davis when it comes to UFAs.

TJ had three very strong seasons for the Jets, I say three because the thought of any running back getting more than 500 yards behind our 2007 OL seemed impossible. But let's be brutally honest, he's done. He had a TD in the WC game and that crucial 4th down run against the Chargers but averaged around 2 ypc and when Green went down in the AFCCG Jones couldn't keep this offense moving like it was.

Keeping TJ around would have been a decision based on a player name and reputation more than bringing in LT. Both RBs can pass protect, both are average runners at this point, but only LT is a threat in the screen game.

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3528610]I think it needs to be pointed out that Darren Sproles (Mr. Speedy and the heir apparent to LT) had a $hitty 3.7 avg. So not for nothing I think the majority of the blame can go on their system and line.[/QUOTE]

You're right I never thought about that either, most of the TJ complaints here were that he was a product of an amazing OL. Maybe LT can be yet another product of this OL, and do some damage catching passes out of the backfield as well?

All League
    Guys, I watched LT last year, and he [U]did[/U] look washed up. You guys saw him too.

Having said that, and now that he's a Jet, I hope he proves me wrong.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3528634]Guys, I watched LT last year, and he [U]did[/U] look washed up. You guys saw him too.

Having said that, and now that he's a Jet, I hope he proves me wrong.[/QUOTE]

By "watched" him, you mean you sat down and actually analyzed SD's running game, or saw ESPN highlights and listened to "experts" like Skip Bayless???:rolleyes:

I keep hearing that LT was brought in to replace TJ, and TJ is better because of 1400 yards etc etc, so it's obviously a bad move, done to sell jerseys and PSLs and other such drivel. I believe that the Jets think that Shonn Greene is the replacement for TJ. LT was signed because he makes the team better, with or without Leon. I agree with Mike T.--- I don't think LT is done. We'll find out in September, but I continue to be amazed at how simplistic the media can be---in their eyes, what you did last year is what you will do this year, ignoring irrelevancies like quality of the offensive lines and the absence of a power back on San Diego's roster, which forced LT to run off tackle and get beat up. Well, I guess I'm foolish to believe that Mike T. and Rex know more than Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts.
    Last edited by bullitt929; 03-16-2010 at 02:18 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3528638]By "watched" him, you mean you sat down and actually analyzed SD's running game, or saw ESPN highlights and listened to "experts" like Skip Bayless???:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No need for you to critiqe my opinion of what I "saw" OCCH.

Tell me though, have you sat down and actually analyzed SD's running game, or saw ESPN highlights and listened to "experts" who say he's not washed up?
    Or, maybe you can describe to me what you see in LT that makes you believe the contrary.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;3528646]I keep hearing that LT was brought in to replace TJ, and TJ is better because of 1400 yards etc etc, so it's obviously a bad move, done to sell jerseys and PSLs and other such drivel. I believe that the Jets think that Shonn Greene is the replacement for TJ. LT was signed because he makes the team better, with or without Leon. I agree with Mike T.--- I don't think LT is done. We'll find out in September, but I continue to be amazed at how simplistic the media can be---in their eyes, what you did last year is what you will do this year, ignoring irrelevancies like quality of the offensive lines and the absence of a power back on San Diego's roster, which forced LT to run off tackle and get beat up. Well, I guess I'm foolish to believe that Mike T. and Rex know more than Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts.[/QUOTE]
    +1, I'm with you.
    CUE the :deadhorse, I am exhausted seeing this same crap from the anti LT crowd that said that they watched LTand listen to the "experts". He's not a feature back and until everyone realizes that that keep saying he's done we're gonna have this same conversation everytime someone brings up LT's name during the off season. [B]I have watched him for the last 9 years in SD because I live here.[/B] The declining #'s are because of multiple factors the biggest being Norv gameplanning around Rivers and his gigantic receivers and LT being an afterthought.(Sproles did jack for them too) I think we all need to see what happens. I for one think that LT will be a big suprise to all the naysayers in the press and on this board. The press and experts picked us to fail miserably last year and all the Jets did was give them a big F U. In Tanny and Rex I trust.

I love #21 because he comes in with an already built-in hatred for the Patriots.