Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adalius Thomas Rumor Squashed

[QUOTE=FF2®;3528101]Wait, what?

I heard everyone wants to play for the Jets?!?!? :confused:[/QUOTE]

no need to get your panties in a bunch.

players still want to be Jets:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210453[/url]

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3528440][B]did i say adalius was an ex-patsie or in the bellichicken's dog house? [/B] please read before replying. as your buddy patsfasntx always reminds us if a player can't play it's the coaches responsibility to get him into situations where he can play. this is all on bellichicken for signing him and then not using him properly or not getting complimentary people around him.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's EXACTLY what you said. Maybe you should follow your own advice and actually read what you post yourself!

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3527985]oh please. you patsie trolls were all creaming when you heard you got adalius. now,[B][SIZE="3"] just like every other ex patsie player or ones in the bellichicken dog house, he's jag or less.[/SIZE][/B]

for the jets, if he's released or can otherwise be had for short money, he's worth a look. and don't think boy brady won't be afraid of seeing thomas across the line from him.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Why are the scrub trolls so angry these days? Go out and play kids, get some fresh air, put on some Funky bunch and eat some chowder or something.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3528469]Yes, that's EXACTLY what you said. Maybe you should follow your own advice and actually read what you post yourself![/QUOTE]

oh snap.

- Adalius Thomas had to say this, he wouldn't be able to step foot in New England again if he admitted he wanted to play for the hated rival Jets. And he's kinda under contract to play there. I don't think this quote really means anything.

- Adalius Thomas went from an aggressive system to Baltimore to a read and react system in New England, nevermind he went from Outside Linebacker, a position that takes advantage of his pass rushing skills in Baltimore, to Inside Linebacker, a position that doesn't, in New England. It's just a bad fit for him.

He's getting up there, so I'm not sure he'd be the same player he used to be anymore, but I suspect he's got some value left in him that a system like Rex's could take advantage of.

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3528440]did i say adalius was an ex-patsie or in the bellichicken's dog house? please read before replying. as your buddy patsfasntx always reminds us if a player can't play it's the coaches responsibility to get him into situations where he can play. this is all on bellichicken for signing him and then not using him properly or not getting complimentary people around him.[/QUOTE]

+1

I don't understand how some people fail to understand or acknowlege this concept that some players don't fit in one system oppose to another.

AD was a probowler under Ryan in B-More, in New England he has been average at best. AD was put in at ILB in NE to play the run and cover TEs, in B-More they used him more as an OLB and pass rusher where he could cause some damage and is more effective.

Another Example: Jonathan Vilma was an emerging star in the 4-3 with Hermie and Donnie Henderson, when Mangini came along and installed NEs "read and react" 3-4 he became JAG and struggled. He's back in a 4-3 in NO and has played 10 times better than he did here w/Mangini, its a simple concept.

Banned
    Crap, you mean all this time BB didn't know AD was an OLB ?:eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3528114]Would you swap them, contracts and all, straight up?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the devil you know is always better than the devil you don't. Other than
    that there's no point to it from my perspective. Trade a dud for a dud?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3527985]oh please. you patsie trolls were all creaming when you heard you got adalius. now, just like every other ex patsie player or ones in the bellichicken dog house, he's jag or less.

for the jets, if he's released or can otherwise be had for short money, he's worth a look. and don't think boy brady won't be afraid of seeing thomas across the line from him.[/QUOTE]

Good grief, TFB could have a freakin' smoke and a cup of coffee before AD could
    find his way into the backfield. He would need a road map at the very least.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3528485]- Adalius Thomas had to say this, he wouldn't be able to step foot in New England again if he admitted he wanted to play for the hated rival Jets. And he's kinda under contract to play there. I don't think this quote really means anything.

- Adalius Thomas went from an aggressive system to Baltimore to a read and react system in New England, nevermind he went from Outside Linebacker, a position that takes advantage of his pass rushing skills in Baltimore, to Inside Linebacker, a position that doesn't, in New England. It's just a bad fit for him.

He's getting up there, so I'm not sure he'd be the same player he used to be anymore, but I suspect he's got some value left in him that a system like Rex's could take advantage of.[/QUOTE]

He has played a lot on the edge. I realize that if you watch a game you will
    have a hard time finding his number. That's because you are watching the
    play unfold and AD is picking his nose somewhere completely away from the
    play and is nowhere to be found within the camera angle. I'll give you a hint
    on how to find him. Look for the guy that always runs to the play when it is
    over. He's always there!

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3529131]He has played a lot on the edge. I realize that if you watch a game you will
    have a hard time finding his number. That's because you are watching the
    play unfold and AD is picking his nose somewhere completely away from the
    play and is nowhere to be found within the camera angle. I'll give you a hint
    on how to find him. Look for the guy that always runs to the play when it is
    over. He's always there![/QUOTE]

I realize you're speaking in extremes, and Jets fans are just as bad (if not worse) at doing that.

Having said that, do YOU believe Belli really is just holding on to the guy so the Jets won't get him?

If he's REALLY that bad (I haven't watched the Pats enough to know), why would it matter?

Just wondering what the take is on the other side.:huh:

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    thats strange because rotoworld said he didnt report to the first week of the offseason training program

Banned
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3529148]thats strange because rotoworld said he didnt report to the first week of the offseason training program[/QUOTE]

It's not mandatory. Brady and Moss weren't there either.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3529143]I realize you're speaking in extremes, and Jets fans are just as bad (if not worse) at doing that.[/quote]

True...

[quote]Having said that, do YOU believe Belli really is just holding on to the guy so the Jets won't get him?[/quote]

No. I think that BB is really trying to motivate this guy to play up to his
    potential. The thing that bothers me is the remark that Ray Lewis said about
    AD when he left Baltimore. Paraphrasing it, since I can't remember the exact
    words, was that AD was more show than go and the Baltimore defense was
    what gave AD his numbers. At the time he said this I thought "sour grapes"
    but now those words are finally resonating with the Pats fan base.

[quote]If he's REALLY that bad (I haven't watched the Pats enough to know), why would it matter?

Just wondering what the take is on the other side.:huh:[/QUOTE]

He has not lived up to what they thought he was going to do, by a lot. From
    that perspective, the signing was an expensive mistake. I've heard things like
    football isn't his life, etc. but I have no idea if this has any substance. His play
    would indicate so.
    Last edited by The Boston Patriot; 03-16-2010 at 10:20 PM.

i guess you must have flunked english or some other basic subject. the key word here is "or" as in "ex-patsie players [B][I]or [/I][/B]ones in the bellichicken's dog house". if i wrote "and" you would certainly have a point. the statement is true. the patsie fans never a good word to say about the ex-patsie players (unless, of course they are pimps like ray clayborn et al and the occassional great like troy brown) or ones who are in the bellichicken's dog house".

as for thomas' future performance, let's just say tommy boy hopes he's not signing with an afce team.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3528469]Yes, that's EXACTLY what you said. Maybe you should follow your own advice and actually read what you post yourself![/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3529171]It's not mandatory. Brady and Moss weren't there either.[/QUOTE]

I bet you know this because they were guests in that hotsheets gay motel you are the caretaker and bellhop at on the Cape

[QUOTE=sg3;3529459]I bet you know this because they were guests in that hotsheets gay motel you are the caretaker and bellhop at on the Cape[/QUOTE]

Zing...you sure told HIM, eh there Skippy? Momma must be proud.

Jets Insider VIP
    GKY

[QUOTE=sg3;3529516]GKY[/QUOTE]

You first MF.

wow, i've never seen so many trolls get riled up over a jag player. why don't you guys just tell belicheat to let him go so he can sign with the jets and make them worse. everybody wins!